1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Does icing BAT areas spur BAT production?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Is there a reason for icing BAT areas (upper back) above and beyond any other parts? I know people think spot icing helps spots, but do you know if it's CT in general that spurs bat, or will more benefit be gained by icing directly on possible BAT locations?

2. quelsen

quelsen New Member

from what i have read so far it is a systemic response to cold that triggers BAT preadiposites to grow into full blown BAT cells. you can ice the spot but the rest of the body wont care much

3. Is the BAT even at the surface? Seems from the scans I saw on the BAT wikipedia page that most of it might be more interior to the body, so much of it might not be able to be directly iced anyway.

4. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Since the discovery of the hormone Irisin, which is generated by the muscles via exercise (even light exercise produces Irisin), it seems that spot CT might not by itself cause conversion to BAT. But, exercise in combination with spot CT just should work. At least that is what I get from reading CT 6. So Dr K, am I reading this right?

5. Jacky_3478

Jacky_3478 New Member

isn't it how Vasper works? Cold vest while exercising?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes it does.