1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Does high testosterone = a good DHEA level?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Cpt.Tired, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I just got my testosterone level back today:

24.2 nmol/L (reference range - 8.4 - 28.7 nmol/L)

Since this is not 'free testosterone' does it really tell me anything?

Does it shed any light on my DHEA level?

(I'll have my HS-CRP and Vitamin D3 tomorrow.)

2. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

3. Hi capt.tired,

what you got is then probably the total testosterone. It is bound to SHBG and not in the active form.
    It does not say anything about your dhea-s.
    you might need to retest these two markers.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  4. and estrogen levels are also useful to know.
    the aromatase enzyme converts testo in estrogen and vv
    If there is plenty of adipose tissue, aromatase is very active and testo gets converted to estrogen at a higher rate.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Is all of it bound to SHBG? Just goes to show how much my MD knows (ordering this test)
    I know.. it's not her fault. They just haven't been trained properly.
    I asked her if she has ever prescribed DHEA. She said they only prescribe testosterone.
    She said "Why prescribe a precursor when you can prescribe the real thing (test.)" She was surprised when I said that it is also a precursor for estrogen.o_O
    She then offered this test so I took it..any info is good..and insurance covered it:)

Very little adipose tissue, no 'man boobs' (like Jack gets:D ...kidding Jack!). I thought that maybe it would give some insight to my DHEA level possibly.
    Thanks a bunch for the replies guys!

7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member