1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Does CT induce permanent fat loss?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by MJ*, Apr 13, 2012.

1. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Back in my days of Bio, I remember learning that fat cells were formed when we are babies and that throughout life we do not get more of them, we just expand the ones we have when we gain weight. Dr. Kruse in the quick start guide one the the benefits of CT is listed as permanent fat loss. I have a couple of questions on this...does CT destroy fat cells never to return again? Is it possible to destroy all the fat in your body with CT, or are we just swapping white for brown? If so, don't we need some white fat for regulatory purposes?

2. shilohman

shilohman New Member

1) Research has shown that if we over eat on a regular basis we will produce new fat cells. I too was taught no new fat cells.

2) From what I have read excess fat cells are killed, since our fat is part of our immune system, I bet the body is smart enough not

to destroy all fat. We need fat to survive.

3) Maybe if you were starving your body would consume all body fat, but then you die. CT is totally different.

3. Owl

Owl New Member

Dr. K has been doing CT for over 6 years, and he was able to regain 25lb in only 2 months. So fat loss is not permanent if you eat the wrong things.

4. I think the benefits of CT are on multi-fronts, depending on type etc.

For instance, "freezing" the cells as in Zeltig kills them and the body removes. CT through both assistance in calorie restriction/metabolic increase helps prioritize the use of fat in fat cells. I don't think there have been examples of humans that had all their white fat replaced by brown. From what I can tell it's a very small percentage of overall fat that is brown to white - and nothing we've seen would indicate you would be at risk of losing all your white to brown.

5. Dextery

Dextery New Member

How does one determine or measure the WAT vrs BAT in a body? And if there is, what is the ratio?

I wonder what Dr K's and Wim Hof's WAT/BAT ratio is.

6. Chk

Chk New Member

I think if ct is severe enough,,as in frostbite,the fat can stay away ..

7. My understanding is that currently the way it was discovered (for measuring) was accidentally doing scans on cancer patients. When room was cold, there were some "unusual readings" in certain areas of the body. It was BAT activating from the cold. Notable, upper back/clavicle area.

This area too, is mostly unstudied en masse. There were a bunch o studies posted a few weeks ago, but I can't find em - this site is getting big.

Discovering your own BAT does seem right up Dr. K's alley. Wim's too since he's is open/doing research. I have not found anything yet on the rates of increasing and anything useful down that path - but in the studies done it does not come across as something that would have a size material enough to make ratio relevant. Much less the quality of BAT and if there are quality differences in new vs old and on and on and on.

8. Jack has also said he stopped CTing from Oct 1 - Jan 8, the day before his surgery.

(reply 119 to the CT8 blog)

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

if it is sustained in fall and winter as designed yes.....

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

closed.............