1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Does CT affect cortisol results?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Eve, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Eve

Eve New Member

I just ordered a Dirunal Cortisol Saliva test kit...Do I have to stop CTing beforehand? Or is that just for sex hormones?

2. I wish I knew the right answer for you but I suspect it will affect it since CTing is supposed to be real good for the adrenals (speaking as an adrenally challenged person). Hopefully someone else will chime in here and correct me if I am wrong.

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Dr K has answered this before..... salivary cortisol tests your cortisol over the last few months and it shouldn't be affected by an acute rise in cortisol due to CT.

That said, there's plenty of people on this forum who chose to not CT the day of salivary cortisol testing despite.

4. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Cortisol levels over the last few months? Really? So when I did mine back in March, I had weaned off the HC and all adaptogens for 2 weeks prior. But in reality it was measuring my average levels over the months prior? That would explain why my ASIlooked so reasonable compared to the reality of my symptoms off the HC...

5. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Dr. K answered my question about being off HC before retesting and he said a few days. I would think you would be ok. You should retest in a couple of months I would think anyway just to make sure you are on the right path. I think he mentioned somewhere about 1 test isn't enough.