1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Does anyone know if Dr. Kruse recommends sunshine ALL day or...

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by brishon23, Apr 10, 2019.

1. brishon23

brishon23 New Member

from the hours of 8 am to 11 am and then 4 pm to dusk? I've seen all of his webinars and he's said BOTH of these.

2. bionaut

bionaut New Member

The morning time is the more important of the two. He talks about building a solar callus, this is a tolerance to more and more light. So it depends on where you are at in the world and what your body is ready to receive based on various factors. Most people get very low amounts or have a higher level of inflammation and thus have a low vitamin D. Normally the early and late hours are very gentle, listen to your body and push it more and more increasing your capacity.

mrc, Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

As you are silver you should read the solar callus post and the latest ones about sulfonation. Yes to sunrise and sunset with vit D opportunity in between. You will have to assess your hydration status and whether you can produce sufficient melanin as you go.

Brent Patrick and Alex97232 like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Every Farm member knows the answer. Jack never leaves the outdoors when the sun is out.

5. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Which leaves me with the long time question of who is doing the stuff that can only be done inside and needs reasonable light, like housecleaning and activities that those of us not living in a tent must get around to eventually? You have mentioned that the early sun you receive is sometimes the couple of minutes just before you go to work. How do you handle whatever you need to do before then? I always wear blue blockers when I'm inside, but I must get up before dawn, medicate cats, do other stuff that requires some light. I'm in my garden every moment I get on weekends now, but that doesn't account for every hour the sun is out. Far better than what I used to do, but still working on adjustments so I can do it more.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think a lot of us are outside when the sun is out ....and then race in and out to do stuff!

Lots of folks here have made an outside office. Lots have changed their jobs to be outside more....and some have changed their lives all together!

I prioritise the sun and outdoor time ....everything else is a very distant second. If the bed doesn't get made some days or the dishes aren't always done or everything is dusty .........doesn't worry me. We cook big roasts on the weber so we have food for several days, boil eggs to take to the ocean for breakfast. I will grill 6 pieces of salmon at a time so we have lots of left overs. It takes me 5 minutes to make a seafood omelet.

I have learned to do food stuff very quickly before the sun sets ....prep is key.

7. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Thanks Caroline. I am attempting to do the same. It's "never leave outdoors when the sun is out" I have a problem with unless someone else is doing the necessary dirty light work inside. Or after dark when we're supposed to be in the dark.

I joined the community last fall. My goal is to have a plan by the end of the summer for how I'll handle limited daylight conditions next winter. I retire in a few years (or sooner if I see a downturn in my health) and I won't have any excuse then.

shah78 likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

in my opinion .....the necessary stuff is being outside.

We try to keep up with stuff ...like toilets/bathrooms and kitchen by doing them very quickly every day. This might not meet some people's standards ....but I am not interested in what other people think.

I used to be mildly critical of my eldest daughter because housework was the last thing on her mind....but.....
    she is raising two gorgeous boys and housework never, ever came before them!

9. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Caroline,
    If I am using my laptop or mobile phone outside or sitting in the open window, should I wear blue blocking glasses?
    If I do I have no benefit of the sun light so my first reaction is not to wear them.
    But hey, I am new hear and could not find the answer to this question by searching the forum.

10. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

If you do need to wear glasses outside (for me it would be reading glasses), then perch them very low on your nose and look up a lot. If you have a blue blocker app or software or screen on your laptop or phone there is less need for blue blocking glasses, especially if outside or next to an open window.

Hilde likes this.
  11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

You are correct,no blue blocking glasses. The natural blue is just as needed as the red, WHEN it is meant to be there. We are guarding against artificial out of time blue light that is not accompanied by red. Iris on the screen at full brightness is a good thing

Hilde and drezy like this.