1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Doctor Redox is under attack

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Jack Kruse, May 16, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Doctor redox is under attack because of EMR's, computers, and shift work and nobody sees it. No one can figure out why doctors are falling apart. Pretty obvious to me what is going on.

[​IMG]

Percent of Surgical Residents:
    Meeting Burnout Criteria - 75%
    Meeting Depression Criteria - 39%
    Suicidal Ideation within last 2 weeks - 12%

Top Three Barriers Reported:
    1. Inability to take time off
    2. Denial of problem
    3. Fear of stigma asking for help

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...n=article_alert&linkId=51234116&redirect=true

2. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I see it. And I wonder what can be done about it.

Facilities would have to admit there was a problem in the first place, in order for them to pay a dime for an educator to come in and talk about the things you do.

I am halfway through nursing school. I think if people *truly* understood what they were setting themselves up for ~ we might just have no more doctors or nurses. It's a mess.

caroline and Sheddie like this.
  3. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I read the whole 2017 article, attached. You don't have to -- not a word about the mitochondrial 'poisoning' of all hospital workers, not to mention hospital patients already compromised by illness. Decades of doctor training debates have focused on and discussed the psychological impact of work hours in the medical system. Essentially, psychological effects of tearing down the new medical graduates (some listing of the main debate points in the attached article) and how they're re-constructed to speed up the quantity of patients served relative to the system's perceived loss of quality of service to patients. It's a 'factory model' under all the tech overlay, not to mention the many top down pressures on professionals to practice the way government, Wall Street insurance companies, and funding allocation interests are demanding. Also, representative boards of professional organizations are not always representing their own professional memberships...

Ever more technology in medical system facilities always seems to be promoted as the best and latest good thing after deals between vendors and administrators, but the ultimate and cumulative effects on both patients and professionals in those environments doesn't even get lip-service. We are in the pre-dawn moment of realizing that interacting with many parts of the healthcare system today is hazardous to your health.

http://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2017/03/13/opinion-interns-28-hour-shifts

More than likely the approach to thinking about solutions will probably involve more exposure to background tech implementation:
    http://novatiosolutions.com/10-common-applications-artificial-intelligence-healthcare/

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is a lot more than a mess. The data is overwhelming and I think soon doctors will form a union of form a group to sue on OSHA basis and then it is game set and match.

Alex97232, RobInDC, Phosphene and 3 others like this.
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

@Jack Kruse this may be a dumb question but does anyone other than your staff at the hospital know about what you know and ask for help or even think about making changes from your information.

Phosphene likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I hope
    A very interesting historical video from Mexico. It started as a pay and hygiene dispute centered around the necessities of the residents in one clinic and ended in national strike. The repression that followed was great. Some doctors were blacklisted for 20 years after.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPoLdnI5Y34

Longer but with subtitles

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Phosphene likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is a large wake up call for shift workers. Big news out of Texas A&M on my theory gets proven this week.

Another new blog is out on the developing NAD+ blue light story from Patreon and how it all links to the story of hydrogen and the sun. The chronic loss of NAD+is the critical sign of a loss of negative feedback control of the ubiquitin cycle. This data scales directly to our molecular circadian clock and our peripheral clock genes (CCG's). The LCHF cancer researchers are way off on their beliefs about the demonization of glucose in most cancers. This one links to the May 2018 webinar and you do not want to miss the links. https://www.patreon.com/posts/18855002

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Shift work has been the bane of workers probably since Industrial Revolution began. And it is a slow killer, especially swing shifts. I did it for a while early in my working life, but not long enough to develop a serious metabolic problem or disease.

My brother worked as a conductor on Amtrak, and Amtrak has IMO criminally negligent rules about shift work. In particular, my brother reported crew turnaround time for employees on train routes was minimal. After transportation time to and from hotels, etc. these workers had very little time for sleep on layovers-- something like 5 or 6 hours max. Any wonder why Amtrak has so many serious accidents?

So with an onslaught of environmental toxins (especially EMF radiation furiously ramping up), what does that do to work performance of physicians and most other workers? It degrades their cognitive performance and overall stamina-- so sub par work quality and needless errors result. It goes beyond depression & burnout-- life or health threatening mistakes are baked into the cake.

Jude and Jenelle like this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

My husband has been a railroad conductor & now engineer ~ for the past 23 years. To say that their circadian rhythm is off would be the understatement of the year. There is no rhyme or reason when they are on-call, which used to be 24/7/365. FRA finally stepped in & some mandatory changes were made, but it is not much better. The rules were clearly made by someone who has never actually lived a railroad life.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have left workforce June 1997.
    Doing nothing since.

Jude and Christine_L like this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'd say your doing something.......your making JanSz great again.

Alex97232, Jude, Christine_L and 7 others like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2018-8-13_7-40-40.png

My DW guru.
    Maya Plisetskaya
    Ballet dancer

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

Beautiful.......

Phosphene likes this.
  16. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Modern hospitals are like Google or Amazon, they're basically tech companies with a focus on human health.

17. drezy

drezy Gold

Wait, your hospital focuses on human health?

18. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

We have, in the main, silently consented to the mass/systemic extortion that funds everything harming us -- taxes, medical insurance premiums, tech that is not engineered to safeguard biology, legislation that pushes the science and practice of genocide, to name a few. Most of our "social' institutions guard and enforce this travesty of human dis-empowerment, or as some say, the ongoing slavery of the masses by the few elite/predator families. Brute physical force or 'tech force,' the outcome is the same. Ghandi stopped the sociopolitical 'machine' in that day; maybe we could turn off or refuse to attend to our screens and smart devices to protest the harm these are doing? What would a one day, globally unified message to the false 'masters' accomplish? It's time they were the losers. Cooperate with Life, or cease and desist activities that destroy life. Another effort could be the boycott -- stop personally buying -- what is known to be harmful to all life... Aren't we sufficiently 'feeling' it yet? Economic middlemen following the global agenda do not have to use poisons, killer frequencies, polluting systems... to deliver our food, water, housing, health care, education, media, communications, on and on. What would the pyramids of high salaries buy public and private sellout 'leaders' then, when there's no sustainable social benefit for anyone up ahead?

Jude, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  19. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Well, if you ask them, they say they do. ;)

Jude, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  20. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

My husband does tech support for a huge regional hospital system. (Used to say local but they are swallowing up smaller hospitals, physician practices and other “providers” and spreading like dreaded urban sprawl.) Ironically I used to work for a company that designed the same hospital tech he is now supporting 10 years later. I saw, and continue to see how our “disease management” systems are just big, BIG business. Helpful for acute trauma and necessary surgeries, but shitty for our increasingingly overwhelming dis-eases.

Their latest slogan is “We Care” (as if it needed to be explicitly stated), and it just makes me sneer every time I see the commercials. All on-site workers from docs to janitors are encouraged to wear a little button that says “I Care”.

(((Gag)))

I feel badly for my cynicism because most of course DO care, but it’s obvious that the prioritized care is for the bottom line.

It contributed to my burout, especially writing manuals for the insurance and billing transactions. The huge “Charge Master” database held every last iota that could possibly generate outrageous amounts of revenue.

The whole thing just makes me shudder. Preaching to the choir here...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Sheddie likes this.