1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Do you use sound to mitohack nature? I do.

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Richard Watson likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Every morning at sunrise we walk on our seawall. It goes out into the ocean for approx 2km so we have the surf and waves crashing on both sides of us as we walk towards the rising sun.

For us - this is nature at its finest .......all the sites and sounds. The ocean, the beaches, the birds and the surfers. Yesterday there was three kangaroos at sunrise feeding at the beach. Kangaroos often hop down the main street of our village at sunrise!

The thing is ...every single day is different - and we even love it when it is raining.

There is natures's beauty in every season and we are thriving.

Amidst all this wonder and beauty and the sounds of nature ....we constantly see people talking on their iPhone as they walk.

They are completely oblivious to all this joy .....and I reckon they deserve whatever they get......

BTW ....why is everyone in Lycra - head to foot????? and of course everyone is wearing sunglasses. UGH

John Schumacher and Freebird like this.
  3. Freebird

Freebird New Member

Awesome scene.

And: I would be happy if cell phones were outlawed.

John Schumacher likes this.
  4. Since vacations, even a drive away, have been difficult for me financial - do more to the need to keep things going, paying for school and life with at least a couple of jobs. The time away from being able to earn a living was the most expensive.
    So forty five years ago, I purchased a record player from the thrift store, then over time I purchased LP records of environmental sounds.
    Since, I've had insomnia for thirty years (from puberty to my mid forties), sleeping fours hours or so every three days, I had a lot of "free-time" for prayer & meditation. I would play these environmental sound tracks and imagine what it might be like.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Freebird likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

=======
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8902-Wood-Lily-Way-Elk-Grove-CA-95757/61332764_zpid/?
    $585,000
    2,512 sqft
    8902 Wood Lily Way, Elk Grove, CA 95757
    2020 property taxes $6501
    ---------------------

Boy, and people are complaining of high taxes in California.
    In Parsippany NJ 07054
    I am paying twice that ($12 k)

The good news, my daughter has her house (and $12k taxes) near me (google says, 9 minutes walking).
    Even better news, my son just sold his (junk) house (with $12k in taxes), (closer to NYC taxes are higher)

and moved even closer to me (google says 4 minutes walking).
    Life is good. knock, knock in my (wooden head).

upload_2021-4-13_12-13-31.png

upload_2021-4-13_12-11-51.png

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    John Schumacher likes this.
  6. I love to hear your children are within walking distance <- How wonderful.

7. I am blessed.
    A quarter acre with the sunrise filling the backyard; trees for privacy (so my neighbors don't have to see a fully exposed man - morning, noon, or whenever).

I couldn't afford to move here if I didn't already own it. Inflation ... computed the current "devalued" fiat dollar to over twice purchasing price over twenty years.

I thought $5K real estate tax was high; but compared to yours @JanSz it's a "deal".

upload_2021-4-13_9-37-46.png

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021