1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Do you still continue on leptin rx if you still have weight to lose?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Dev Anand, May 12, 2017.

1. Dev Anand

Dev Anand New Member

My uncle has done the leptin rx for 10 weeks and now has the signs that he is leptin sensitve again. However he still has at 40 pounds to lose to get to his ideal body. Should he still continue on the leptin rx or can he now go to the post leptin rx? can he only start post leptin once he is at his ideal weight?
  2. kris90

kris90 New Member

I think once you are leptin sensitive, do whatever is sustainable for you, as long as you can maintain leptin sensitivity. The key is keeping your central clock aligned with the light cycle. Once you do that, you can shift your meals around however you like, because your brain will properly account for food (electrons).

If you are leptin sensitive, and you prefer to have your large meal at dinner, that is fine as long as you don't eat outside the light cycle. If you enjoy the BAB, keep it up. I personally like to have my feast with dinner, because it's my only meal I eat with my family, so it makes for a nice dining experience. I've never been leptin resistant, so I've never needed the BAB to help resynch my clocks.

Remember, feeding patterns are part of the peripheral clocks; they are controlled by the central clock. Once central clock is fixed (aligned with light cycle), you have the flexibility to retrain your peripheral clocks accordingly, as long as its between sunrise and sunset. That's the beauty of being leptin sensitive. As long as you don't graze on junk all day. It's better to eat a big satisfying meal, then go as long as you can until your next meal. It's good to have periods of fasting so your body can maintain a flexible metabolism (i.e. switch back and forth metabolizing energy substrates from both food, and fat stores).
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator