1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Do you need AM UVA sunlight in winter if you are coupled to cold and not light?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Curves, Oct 20, 2015.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thanks, I don't fancy sleeping with one that reflects blue, maybe I ll hold out til some one finds one that doesn't...

2. LouiseAngela

LouiseAngela Louise

Do you just sit beside a black light bulb ? Is it best at night?

3. philip malone

philip malone Silver

Please, what's an effective way to do indoor UV + IR lighting?? I am in NY, so pretty far north...
    Thanks!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

UVA is latitude, altitude and population density dependent. But it is the critical frequency for neuropsin.
    Neuropsin is the cornea and skin irradiance detector used to yoke light frequencies by the brain......

Richelle Jones likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This lecture is the key to your life. The only error in the entire lecture occurs when he calls ATP the capacitor of the cell. Not true........water is and Gerald Pollack's work shows that. ATP as the true energy source was debunked many years ago. Dr. Wallace is as close to natural truth as a physician can get. You'd be wise to listen to this talk 1000 if you want to be INDEPENDENT FO MEDICAL DOGMA. That is a thought we should rally around as a people today on the 4th of July.

Allin and Scompy like this.
  6. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

I am a bit confused about mitochondrial membrane coupling efficiency, and would appreciate a pointer (or two). Thank you.

Jack Kruse said:

“People at the equator rarely uncouple because their surfaces are always hot…

mtDNA SNP’s allowed a higher loss of heat by uncoupling more….Peope with COMT SNP’s especially generate internal heat by being able to uncouple their mitochondrial membranes”

“Cold should stimulate free fatty acid's release when you expose yourself to it. People who have a poor coupling efficiency can use this ability to do amazing things. Most people with European mitochondrial haplotypes have this ability.”

But what confuses me is what Doug Wallace said about mitochondrial coupling efficiency at around 26:00:

when you are tightly coupled, with a high membrane potential, you need very little food to generate a lot of energy, but you gain weight easily on high carb western diet; and when you are loosely coupled, you are less efficient in pumping protons out to convert into ATP. You need more calories to generate more heat. These are people who can eat all they want and never gain any weight.

I always associated tightly coupled mitochondrial haplotypes as having the ability to eat a lot without gaining weight (since the focus is the need to escape from predators like lions), and the reverse is true for the loosely coupled haplotypes, as they evolved the ability to store fat for heat generation in colder climates.

I must be missing some critical information somewhere.

Queen of Elves likes this.
  7. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Also found this:
    "This is why I warn people that ketosis not always the best program to run 24/7. It helps most of the time but in cases like brain tumors it may not be the wise first move.....Analogy time:....This is why successful marathon runners and endurance runners tend to be African (Kenyan) because mitonuclear coupling is tightly controlled. Dr. Doug Wallace is the pioneer in this field and you'd be wise to listen to him before you jump straight into a ketogenic platform. Tight coupling leads fast electron and proton tunneling to create light and heat. This is stimulated best in high UV enevironments. Most humans today do not exist in this world. Most exist in fake light and at higher latitudes globally. Your food guru's do not look at this. Most people have haplotypes that are loosely coupled. This means they produce more heat from mitochondria to shrink their respiratory proteins and this makes them better sprinters. The sprinters tend to be from cooler climates because they need to generate more heat to affect the EZ and they are not in strong UV zones but cold condenses the respiratory proteins."

Queen of Elves and nicld like this.
  8. I am also confused about the coupling and would like to understand.

9. htw

htw New Member

I am also confused .

10. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

@Queen of Elves, @htw:

I think I may have a slightly better understanding now. So let me have a go at it again.

When you are tightly coupled you are very efficient at making energy as the electrons are tunneled quickly. So you need less food, and you don't generate much heat by design.

When you are loosely coupled, the electrons and protons that are 'lost' (or what they call Mitochondrial electron and proton leaks) in the tunneling process are converted into heat. And if you are unable to burn fat efficiently because you live under blue light and surrounded by nnEMF, then you end up gaining a lot of weight.

I think I'm skipping a lot of steps and really oversimplifying it.

I have a couple of papers you can read:
    Maybe you can help others in the forum understand this subject also!

http://essays.biochemistry.org/content/47/53
    http://physiologyonline.physiology.org/content/26/3/192