1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Do you need AM UVA sunlight in winter if you are coupled to cold and not light?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Curves, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Curves

Curves Guest

I love knowing this @nicld! Now I'm getting the big picture on a deeper level.

2. Curves

Curves Guest

3. Curves

Curves Guest

Starfish bracelet . . . a reminder and an ambition :)

4. I love this thread! Thanks everyone for the inspiring and educational thoughts.

5. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Cold helps to bring the blood to the surface, so thanks to nature, we can still use UVA in the winter and probably more if we're soaking up the sun in the cold. I intend to go all-natural this winter when it's 30F up here in Seattle to see how I do. I've acclimated to cold showers now. My only issue is cloud cover, and worse, fog like today.

I also had some weird thoughts today about moonlight and if the human body might be so fine-tuned we use the moon's light cycle to our benefit, or are negatively influenced by it. It makes sense that reflected sunlight coming off the moon in cycles, over millions of years, would have an impact on humans. Meaning, we know in the few days leading up to a full moon, the intensity of the light ramps up exponentially. It could explain why humanity may go a little haywire and werewolfish because influence upon the circadian signaling and melatonin. It would be interesting to know the ocular melatonin and pineal gland melatonin levels change over a moon cycle, or if they generally remain constant.

Curves likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Do you understand that all our surfaces are not what they seem in a histology book? They are made to be adaptable. They are the very definition a topologic insulators. What is a TI? My members got a webinar on them over a year ago. Most materials are either insulators or conductors, and semiconductors straddle the divide by becoming conducting or insulating as their charge-carrier density is tuned. Recently, a new class of materials was discovered that combines these properties in a new way: called topological insulators, they have bulks that are insulating and surfaces that are conducting. Moreover, the spin of their surface electrons is locked in a direction that is perpendicular to the direction of motion (a property known as helicity): this reduces the probability of the electrons being backscattered by surface defects and phonons, thereby lowering the surface resistivity. What sets in the direction of motion for human skin? The energy and momentum of the UV/IR sunlight. This guarantees triplet state spins........and not singlet state spins.

Blue light however, prescribes the opposite effect from our skin. It makes huge amounts of ROS and singlet state superoxide that is not buffered by UV and IR light.

Exposure of biological chromophores (skin) to ultraviolet radiation can lead to photochemical damage. However, the role of full spectrum visible light, particularly in the blue region of the spectrum, has been largely ignored. To test the hypothesis that blue light is toxic to non-pigmented epithelial cells, confluent cultures of human primary retinal epithelial cells were exposed to visible light (390–550 nm at 2.8 milliwatts/cm2) for up to 6 h. This light is firmly all in the blue range. What did the experiment show?

A small loss of mitochondrial respiratory activity was observed at 6 h compared with dark-maintained cells, and this loss became greater with increasing time. To investigate the mechanism of cell loss, the damage to mitochondrial and nuclear genes was assessed using the quantitative PCR. Light exposure significantly damaged mitochondrial DNA at 3 hours (0.7 lesion/10 kb DNA) compared with dark-maintained controls. However, by 6 h of light exposure, the number of lesions was decreased in the surviving cells, indicating DNA repair. Isolated mitochondria exposed to light generated singlet oxygen, superoxide anion, and the hydroxyl radical. Antioxidants confirmed the superoxide anion to be the primary species responsible for the mitochondrial DNA lesions. The effect of lipofuscin, a photoinducible intracellular generator of reactive oxygen intermediates, was investigated for comparison. Exposure of lipofuscin-containing cells to visible light caused an increase in both mitochondrial and nuclear DNA lesions compared with non-pigmented cells. The researchers concluded that blue visible light can cause cell dysfunction through the action of reactive oxygen species on DNA and that this may contribute to cellular aging, age-related pathologies, and tumorigenesis.

Moral of the story: UV and IR buffer the singlet state of oxygen made by blue light in the visible spectrum.

It begs the question: What happens to humans who live within blue light chronically?

Google Kevin Ogar.

Your answer is there.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Purple light, Blue light, yellow light, orange and red light are increasingly subject to modern scientific reasearch - in many cases photons can do a better job compared to pharmaceutical interventions. There are many people who do not want you to know this. Now you do.

Chrysanthemama, Shijin13 and Curves like this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I found out recently in my search for black lights that every major hospital here has heliotherapy units. Surprised me.

thisbirdhaswings, Curves and freesia like this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not in the states...........not one code for black light therapy. Big Pharma won't allow that to happen

Cpt.Tired and Shijin13 like this.
  10. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

One benefit of being the financial markets black sheep. Our import capacity is so !limited that it is more beneficial to import hardware than constantly renewables like meds. Chronic underfunding of a state run system helps too. :rolleyes:

dantothep likes this.
  11. Curves

Curves Guest

@Scompy i'm just outside of Portland myself. I don't think the cloud cover here is as dense as yours in Seattle but I did have a noticeable shift in my awareness on the days that we had sunshine versus the days it rained last week. Made me a little nervous quite honestly going into winter.

12. Scompy

Scompy Gold

We can still get UVA year-round, but I also plan on downing oysters in habenero sauce a few times a week and using indoor UV+IR lighting to help compensate. And whenever I can buy or get a hold of the Quantlet, Boom! It's funny, it's the first time in my life I'm looking forward to daylight savings time because of my schedule. I'll be able to access more of the morning light before I have to drive my son to school.

(I grew up in Corvallis, so Portland feels like a 2nd home to me).

Curves likes this.
  13. Curves

Curves Guest

I made a huge boo boo this summer. We bought a new home with some land, but the beautiful trees were all over run with blackberries and the tress were dying.

I know living in Seattle you know the type of blackberries I mean. I'm not talking the thin vine variety; I'm talking thick, thorny Himalayan blackberries.. It took me over 200 hours to cut them out of the trees. Because I was getting cut up, slashed in the face, and getting thorns stuck in my hands, I ended up deciding to wear protective clothing -- long sleeves, long pants, high work boots, two pairs of work gloves and sometimes protective eye wear.

Although we saved the trees, my Vitamin D tanked. So, now, going into the fall, I don't feel as prepared as I have in the last few winters.

Maybe a few trips to LA to visit family might help :)

caroline and Scompy like this.
  14. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Know exactly the blueberries you're talking about. I also had a blackberry infestation around my property too... I had to clear of blackberry brambles out of a roof gutter.

I've planned several trips down to AZ for the same reasoning. Going to LA also in Jan for a Disneyland trip, but LA is full of RF-EMF. I lived there for 18+ years.

Curves likes this.
  15. Curves

Curves Guest

The roof gutter! Those things grow anywhere! I thought blackberry bushes were sweet things until 6 months ago LOL.

I do hate being in LA. nnEMF everywhere. But my daughter and a large part of my family are there now so we'll be there for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping as I get better at explaining all of this I can convince my daughter to move. Are your trips to Arizona for sun specifically?

Scompy likes this.
  16. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Sun specifically for sure. Also, there's a house I can almost rent for free outside of Sedona in the middle of nowhere. Only 15mins to amazing sights!

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cold is really a UV/IR light story using triplet oxygen. There is a ton of basic science in our Quantlet device. http://ow.ly/TK9di

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Topological insulators have turned out to be more common than expected in nature, and include well known thermoelectric materials like Bi2Se3 and Bi2Te3. Interesting in their own right, the surface states of topological insulators are also good platforms for studying fundamental physical phenomena such as the quantum anomalous Hall effect and Majorana fermions. Both of these things are huge for surface chemistry.

The Hall effect is the production of a voltage difference (the Hall voltage) across an electrical conductor, transverse to an electric current in the conductor and a magnetic field perpendicular to the current. It was discovered by Edwin Hall in 1879.

A Majorana fermion, also referred to as a Majorana particle, is a fermion that is its own antiparticle. They were hypothesized by Ettore Majorana in 1937. The term is sometimes used in opposition to a Dirac fermion, which describes fermions that are not their own antiparticles.

All of the Standard Model fermions except the neutrino behave as Dirac fermions at low energy (after electroweak symmetry breaking), but the (massive therefore they draw UV light by gravitational lensing) nature of the neutrino is not settled and it may be either Dirac or Majorana. In condensed matter physics, Majorana fermions exist as quasiparticle excitations in superconductors and can be used to form Majorana bound states governed by non-abelian statistics. Many of you on the cruise heard me and Yew talk about monopoles and neutrinos. This Majorana particle might be the key to TI's and life's creation at surfaces.

Shijin13 and Curves like this.
  19. Curves

Curves Guest

Mind expanding. I love quantum physics!

QuantumRadical, rlee314 and Scompy like this.
  20. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Reminds me to brush on my quantum physics for a better understanding of quantum biology.

"Neutrinos have mass, but tiny even compared to other subatomic particles. Neutrinos can be created in several ways, including in certain types of radioactive decay, in nuclear reactions such as those that take place in the Sun, in nuclear reactors, when cosmic rays hit atoms and in supernovae. The majority of neutrinos in the vicinity of the Earth are from nuclear reactions in the Sun. In fact, about 65 billion (6.5×1010) solar neutrinos per second pass through every square centimeter perpendicular to the direction of the Sun in the region of the Earth.[6] "

Curves likes this.