1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Do you believe in cause and effect or probabilities?

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, May 10, 2021.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

caroline and JanSz like this.
  2. During the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln once found himself wanting to please a politician, so he issued a command to transfer certain Union Army regiments. When the secretary of war, Edwin Stanton, received the order, he refused to carry it out. He said that the president was a fool. Lincoln was told what Stanton had said, and he replied: “If Stanton said I’m a fool, then I must be, for he is nearly always right. I’ll see for myself.” As the two men talked, the president quickly realized that his decision was a serious mistake, and without hesitation he withdrew it. Though Stanton had called Lincoln a fool, the president proved wise by not digging in his heels when Stanton disagreed with him. Instead, Lincoln listened to advice, considered it, and changed his mind.

Our perspective is often filtered by what we believe is true. The ability to step back from the canvas of our paradigm and see the data from another’s point of view -> we call this a wise move.

upload_2021-5-11_9-38-2.png

Quantum physicist Dr Robert Laughlin holds multiple Nobel Prizes says in his book “A Different Universe – Reinventing Physics from the Bottom Down” chapter “The Dark Side of Protection” – “Balance universalities and relevance associated with phase transitions in nature cause two physical effects I call the Dark Corollaries… While stable protection prevents us from determining underlying microscopic rules, unstable protection tricks us into thinking we have found them when we actually have not… I call this the Barrier of Relevance… The name itself is actually a reductionist misnomer, for “correlation” in quantum mechanics just means “entanglement”, something that electrons exhibit. This correlated-electron effect is actually a set of behaviors that do not fit the traditional quantum categories, … suggesting proximity to one or more poorly characterized phase transitions. … Quantum scientists trapped by the Dark Corollaries often intuitively understand that something is wrong but cannot put their finger on exactly what it is… The distinction between electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force is central to modern cosmology, because the energy released when it occurs is the ostensible power source for inflation of the hypothesized brief period of rapid expansion. If renormalizability of the vacuum is caused by proximity to phase transitions, then the search for an ultimate theory would be doomed on two counts: it would not predict anything even if you found it, and it could not be falsified.”

In the article - https://www.quantamagazine.org/quantum-mischief-rewrites-the-laws-of-cause-and-effect-20210311 - the quantum physicists believe that a “language of quantum gravity will allow the space time metric to curve wildly in multiple ways simultaneously.” Thus - "effecting a multiple mismatched light cones imaged as quantum superpostions of different locations." Since this theory has no cause or effect, the scientists use mathematical probability to guess as to what these quadrants might be.

What would happen if this quantum reductionist mind set stepped back from the canvas of experiential data and asked different questions?

Dr. Robert Laughlin suggests through his book that quantum physics may do well to move from a reductionist paradigm to an emergence paradigm in which humans are subservient.

I am not here is disprove the belief system of quantum physics - for their theorems cannot be falsified. I do suggest we take a look at what Dr. Robert Laughlin recommends that is to perhaps think about our involvement in Nature as an emergent species.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    JanSz likes this.