1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Do I still receive the benefits of the earth's EMF while sleeping in a tent?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Nicolaj Sølvsten, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Nicolaj Sølvsten

Nicolaj Sølvsten New Member

For me sleeping outside seems as one of the easiest and greatest "biohacks" I can do in order to receive the benefits of connecting with nature, but will my tent be hindering the purpose?

The bottom of my tent is a ground sheet made of polyvinyl chloride. The body consists of a mixture between cotton and polyester (ratio unknown but around 85% cotton and 15% polyester based on my intuition) The mattress is 2.17 inches thick.
    To what extent am I receiving the benefits of earth's magnetic field? Can I significantly improve my setup?
    I have considered plugging a grounding rod into the earth and having it connected to a groundsheet that I would be sleeping on, but is it necessary to spend the 200 bucks it would cost here in Denmark?
    BTW I will be sleeping in a forest 1,2 miles away from civilization.

I am aware of this thread https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/should-i-be-sleeping-in-a-tent.16911/ I however am not feeling the answers provided conclusive.

Nicolaj Sølvsten

dsc_3118.jpg dsc_3102.jpg dsc_3144.jpg

greentrees likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

polyvinyl chloride is a petrol polymer.......so no.

3. Nicolaj Sølvsten

Thank you very much for your answer! Let the hacking begin.. lol.. :p

4. Nicolaj Sølvsten

Is it correct that I may not be grounded but still be within the earth's magnetic field?

greentrees likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

correct

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The connect is needed to gain the magnetic flux effect of grounding

Brent Patrick and greentrees like this.
  7. Nicolaj Sølvsten

Will this connection be sufficient through a 27 x 10 inch conductive vinyl earthing mat connected to the ground through a wire? Or what about a full size bed sheet made of Egyptian cotton with woven 0,25 miles silver threads also connected to the ground through a wire?
    Which way is the best if any are sufficient?

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

In my opinion, I would go with the full bed sheet for grounding, @Nicolaj Sølvsten . I have used such a sheet, and Jack has mentioned before that a larger grounding contact is better.

9. Nicolaj Sølvsten

I appreciate your reply, thank you! I can give some exp. back: After having slept outside, in the deep forest for 2 weeks, I have noticed great energy levels throughout the day and interestingly when I wake up my eyes tolerate and receive the sunlight effortlessly, an occurrence I don't quite understand why happens but it feels GREAT. Sleeping outside in general brings a lot of clarity and sorts out some of the chaos I "have" to go through throughout the day. I'm a student living at a boarding school with 100 people and attend a gymnasium with almost a 1000 people so it is almost a necessity for me to have a place where the chaos can find stillness.

greentrees and caroline like this.
  10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Great news about your eyes! Dr. Kruse considers them an extension of your brain, along with your other senses. I also feel a kind of "high" after viewing the morning sun.

11. Curves

Curves Guest

12. greentrees

greentrees New Member

Hey Nicolaj, I think the answer to your question is in EMF 1, if you haven't figured out why your eye sight improved when viewing sunlight

"When you take your shoes off and make direct contact with the earth the earth magnetic field is able to be transmitted through your body...This protective EMF from the Earth offers you protection from Environmental sources of EMF like UV light and cosmic radiation.

The Earth’s magnetic field then covers your entire body and acts like an EMF protective shield for your body. Consider it like a giant EMF condom over your body when you are plugged into to the Earth. Maybe you can see why skin cancer is higher in modern life now? All life evolved with this protective shield until modern man showed up."

Desert.life likes this.
  13. greentrees

greentrees New Member

I'm looking at buying a grounded swag and was wondering how you ended up with the grounding mats etc.

This one is 100% cotton canvas base and top https://www.snowys.com.au/bluey-bigfoot-dome-swag?AcceptsCookies=yes#!
    My plan was to remove the mattress and sleep cold with direct contact to the cotton and Earth. I'm still waiting to hear back on what mixtures they use to treat the fabric and will run tests to see if the fabric does indeed conduct.

The other option is insert short copper bars in the base and sleep on top of those. Or keep the mattress and use a grounding mat. I am unsure whether a grounding mat will have the same strength as directly sleeping on the Earth naked. I'm also worried about lightning storms lol, but I'll take the risk

14. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Actually, my understanding is that benefits from grounding come from mobile electrons discharged into body by earth's electrically conductive surface and is not dependent on magnetism.

I believe it is not necessary to be grounded to be fully immersed in earth's geomagnetic field-- it is always there regardless of our configuration on the planet.

The sad fact is that our vital planetary geomagnetic field is declining rapidly and who really knows the implications of this for life on earth.

15. greentrees

greentrees New Member

It might make more sense in full, I edited out the geek parts for friends and just copied here. Also Dr Kruse's comment earlier

The magnetism is an added bonus on top of the electrical conductive loop between you and the Earth, both work in tandem (from what I understand)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  16. greentrees

greentrees New Member

I managed to get this Burdekin Dome Swag, "100% TearCheck™ Cotton, 14oz (396gsm) Base / 14oz (396gsm) Top". For future people just look for 100% cotton or verify the material is conductive, if they don't state the % assume its a blend of plastic unless you contact the manufacture

I'm still unsure if it'll conduct (may be treated with flame retardant etc.) but so keen to try it out