1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Diving In

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by countingstarsx, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Hello everyone!

I introduced myself laat summer, and was reading a lot of JKs work and listening to podcasts and such but fall and winter hit me hard and I fell very far off track. But, I'm back and I am very much determined this time around.

Some about me:
    My grandma was always an emotionally cold person, and I think also an alcoholic. I dont know of any health concerns in her (or her mom -- she lived to almost 100, but her heart starting failing in her early to mid nineties), but I have not had much contact with her in the last 15 years. I think she has a hip or knee replaced in the last 5 years.

My mom grew up relatively healthy, she started putting on weight in her 30's, and has been 30-60lbs overweight for much of my memory. She always smoked cigarettes and has been an alcoholic probably since her 20s. She is a worrier, probably has some PTSD and depression going on but refuses to do anything about it. She loves TV and her computer, and that is how she has spent her free time for the last 20+ years. She developed diabetes in her early 50s. We havent talked much in 2 years, but as far as I know she went on a low carb high fat diet and lost weight and got the diabetes a little under control.

I was never really in excellent health growing up. I had frequent ear infections from birth-12, and strep from 12-15 when they took out my tonsils. I grew up with an emotionally abusive, stressed out single mom who smoked in the home until I was 12. We lived in the country, and I played outside barefoot a lot when weather was nice, until I got into the computer around 10. I developed bad anxiety around age 5, around the time we got our first computer.

We moved to a townhome in the city for a year when I was 12. My mental health declined. I spent most of my free time online.

We moved to a farm at 13. My mental health continued to decline, until I was hospitalized for 9 days at age 15. Finally I got some help (therapy, and many different drugs and side effects over the next 2 years).

I started drinking at age 12. We also always ate a SAD. I started smoking weed at 17, felt better emotionally (I was spending more time outside, with friends and not online), and moved out of my abusive moms home.

I drank and smoked(cigarettes and weed) a lot from 17-21. I lived in the woods for 3 months at 19, and that was the best I've ever felt.

At 21 my dad suddenly died and I spiraled into a dark place. I spent most of the money I got drinking alone at the bar. I was losing touch with reality at points. Around 22 I stoped smoking for the first time, quit drinking, started to care about my diet (but still not optimal) and my sleep cycles. I started to feel better.

After I few months I started drinking and smoking again, and I felt worse.

At 24 I got pregnant, and at 25 I gave birth to my baby girl. I swelled a lot during pregnancy, gained 75 lbs (I've always been overweight), and my blood pressure rose at the end. My baby was healthy, but unable to latch to feed for the first month. I had to supplement her with formula for a month which was the beginning of her health issues.

I got worse and worse after that, mentally and physically. The winter of her being 1 year old I had a mental breakdown. I was losing reality again. I had at that point been diagnosed with IBS and Fibromyalgia.

I pulled through mentally, but physically kept getting worse. I went from functional MD, to naturopath, back anf forth. I collected diagnosis after diagnosis. Fibro, chronic lyme, chronic EBV, insufficient sleep syndrome, SIBO, idiopathic hypersomnia, etc. I spent months treating each new diagnosis and getting nowhere (except during the summer...) I cleaned up my diet and was really strict. I lost weight, but still felt awful.

I was still searching last summer when I found this forum. I had just been diagnosed with chronic lyme and was treating it. I knew intuitively Jacks information was the answer to it all.

I started working on implementing it all, but things got really shaky in my life and my health got put on hold. I gained 40 lbs over the winter (I'm at the 40th latitude). My best friend (who got me through my mental breakdown) committed suicide. I was a mess until about a month ago.

I did find a homeopath this winter, and have made great gains physically from her treatment. I'm maybe at 50%, but its better than where I was.

On a whim I checked my fasting blood glucose about a month ago. It was 114. That was it, a fire was lit. I will not have diabeted. I immediately adopted a keto epi-paleo diet. Ive broken it twice, but two days ago my fasting blood glucose was down to 88!

I'm all in! Ive printed off about the first 230 blog posts. I am a patreon member. I plan on gold membership as soon as I am able. I am trying to implement everything I can. My biggest struggle is going to bed early and waking up early. I have always been a night owl. I stay up late reading and studying and have been up late most nights over the last 15 years. I will change that though, I know I need to.

So thats me. I have a 3 year old daughter that needs help too, but I will save her story for another day. I'm happy to be here!

Christine_L, Jill A. and Joe Gavin like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232, countingstarsx and drezy like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

old eggs = eggs with a broken melanopsin interactive control mechanism = high heteroplasmy......

[​IMG]

Alex97232 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That is where childhood diseases begin my friends........not a popular fact but a fact of life.

Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What ultimately controls your FBG? Melanopsin/retinol interactive circadian controller. Why? It controls both dopamine and melatonin creation in the eye and skin. Dopamine is the guardian of the pituitary which exerts control of the pituitary and the beta cells of the pancreas. FBG should be below 88 when the melanopsin system is operational.

You just got the mother load of a re-welcome. DO NOT WASTE it. This is a small sample of what the Longevity Farm will be giving its new members who chose to become Black Swans in training.

6. drezy

drezy Gold

@countingstarsx
    It sounds like you know where to go from here. Keep it up and the upside is that your 3 year old daughter will learn the patterns and the simple fact that this is how you live. Strong sun, seafood, and ct are just de facto parts of my son's life now. I was fortunate to catch hi young enough to walk the walk and instill these habits. I hope you do the same.

Every time this seems like a challenge or big or confusing change please think about how much easier it would be if you were simply raised by a mitochondriac. It would go from effort to effortless. Here's your chance to gift that to your child.

7. Thanks for your input and welcome Jack!

I'm guessing what you are getting at is that she inherited mutated mitochondria from me -- that's unfortunate. I'm not sure the connection to old eggs though, I was 24 when I got pregnant. Did the abuse I subjected myself to make my eggs more aged than my chronological age? Could be.

8. Thanks Drezy! I am very happy that I am able to influence my daughter so early in her life. Her health problems are not very severe at this point, and she is doing so well with homeopathy. Once we have the mitochondria lifestyle on lock down I know she will do so well! This road will not be without struggle unfortunately -- her father/my husband has absolutely zero interest in doing anything beneficial for his health. He drinks, smokes, and stays up into the wee hours every night playing video games, watching TV, and on his phone. The best I can expect from him is to see how well we do and he might want to join us.

We are planning on moving south in the next few years, and we want to buy land and homestead it, so I also hope that will put him outside and he will see the benefit from that when he is forced into it.

The fortunate is that he doesn't oppose much of what I want to do when it comes to the little's health and mine. He trusts my judgement, and tries to help when it comes to our daughter.

9. shiran

shiran Curious

What affects the egg to Become "better"? If there is any such concept.. Can an egg change for the better?
    what affects for sure is the environment , improving the Radox , Melanopsin/retinol circadian controlle and more..
    Suppose there is a screwed egg How long does it take the body to fix it?

10. So far I've been working on going to bed earlier so that I can get up with the sun. I was in bed last night at 9:30P, but between my mind and my daughter waking up from a nightmare I didn't get to sleep until 11:30PM. I did get up with the sun one day this week, and realized there is an amber colored streetlight between me and the sunrise. I was torn between wanting to be out in the rays, and thinking I shouldn't be out in the unnatural lighting. I compromised by standing in my doorway where I couldn't see the street light, but could look at the sky. I'm thinking that it would probably be more beneficial if I went fully outside, but I'm just not sure about that lamp.

My husband has been playing along with me keeping almost all of the lights off at night. I wear blue blockers after sunset too, but unfortunately as soon as our daughter goes to bed he turns on the big TV and thats on in our shared space the rest of the night. I think covering my body up would help me with that -- and fortunately I am only up for an hour or two during that time, and I spend some of it outside.

I've been outside as much as I can, but not as much as I would like. Next week I plan on taking two hour mid-day breaks from my office job. There is a really nice forrest with trails I can walk to from my office. I'm excited for Monday!

Diet wise I am doing well. My guts feel much less inflamed and they are not bothering me at all which was a rare day for me in the past. I had an appointment with my homeopath last night and could really tell how far I have come in the last 2 months. I was close to being not functioning again 2 months ago, and I am nowhere near that point today. Optimal health here I come!

Phosphene, Jill A. and drezy like this.
  11. Ive managed to get to bed earlier the last two nights, around 10. I woke up naturally arouns 6:30am yesterday and ate/sat outside. It was very overcast so there wasnt much sun to watch.

This morning I didnt rise until my daughter woke me at 8 am. During the summer my daughter isnt exposed to very much blue light. She doesn't watch TV, doesnt have a tablet or other device, and she goes to bed before sunset so the lights are not on. She gets blue light when we go into stores and when she is in the bathroom. Still, I wonder about her circadian rhythm. She is put down at 7-8pm every night, and often stays up until 10 or later talking and screaming/crying for one thing or another. She then doesn't wake up until 8 am or later most days. I wonder if I should be waking her earlier -- but selfishly want my alone time in the morning.

I wore my blue blockers to church this morning and the strong LED lights didnt bother me nearly as much. Only one person mentioned them and she told me about her light sensitivity and asked if I had had a concussion. I'm thinking about getting my daughter a pair too.

I've been looking at the options at Ra Optics and I like what I see. I want to get a yellow pair to wesr during the day at work -- I work under florescent lights on a computer. I'm struggling between ordering a pair with my glasses prescription or not. I have one eye at +3.5 diopters that isnt fully corrected with glasses anyway, but my other eye is at +0.25 diopters. So I actually can see quite well without glasses on. My vision also improved over the last few years, so maybe I dont need a prescription. I think I will have to order my daughters with her prescription though -- she is +8 in both eyes.

I got my daughter off grains and sugar this week, and its going well. She is even tolerating eggs for the first time in her life without getting hives! She is also chosing to play outside barefoot on occasion. She isn't happy when I suggest she takes her glasses off to let some sunlight in her eyes, but she did do it on her own once. She is like her father -- says she hates the sun. I keep telling her all the good about the sun and hoping she is just being a stubborn toddler. She doesnt like being sweaty either. Today as we took an hour long hike in the woods she cried and whined almost the whole time, but I think she will get used to it.

I ended up giving her a choice on the sun too -- do you want to be sick, or do you want to be in the sun?

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes it did. That is how transgenerational epigenetics operates. It is the software program that runs the the hardware (DNA)

countingstarsx likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When it is cloudy that is a key you still need to get out........why? It allows more redlight on a relative basis to get to your skin and retina because the higher energy purple and blue light is blocked. So in this way it is like owning an IR sauna. NEVER miss a cloudy sunrise.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

As redox goes up eggs get better.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Watch this: https://www.mostwatchedtoday.com/nature-valley-rediscover-nature/

countingstarsx likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

disconnected parents create disconnected kids. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

countingstarsx and drezy like this.
  17. Man, this video made me cry the first time I saw it. I've vowed since I got pregnant that that would not be the life my child leads -- and we have had a few bumps (she got to watch a lot of TV while I finished up completing my college degree online), but I'm committed to doing better going forward.

Her dad is addicted to video games. That along with alcohol is his escape from all of the stress in his life. He doesn't see it as a problem, but we all know it is. He thinks I am absolutely silly to chase after health and a technology free life the way I do, but he supports me in whatever I chose to do. I don't ever want our daughter turning to video games and alcohol like that though.

18. Thank you. Its easy to see what she gains from having a connected parent. She doesn't compare to most children her age -- and for the health and behavior issues we go through they are actually so mild compared to many kids these days. Her intelligence is off the charts.

Its happy/sad knowing what kids are capable of when given the right environment. Happy because those who get it flourish and are amazing, sad for those kids who will never achieve those heights.

19. I decided to dive right into CT last night, and I took a tap water cold bath. I lasted about 30 minutes, and I actually enjoied it (once I acclimated that is)

I was in bed early, but my daughter woke up screaming and crying every 30-60 minutes last night until 1:30am so I didnt sleep much early on. I still managed to get up at first light and watch the sun rise though!

Ive been surprisingly awake and alert all day. I took a 2 hour break at noon, got into some good sun bathing clothes and sat by the river reading/finishing the Epi Paleo RX. Definitely left me with a lot of questions Im excited to find answers to.

I work as an office manager for a chiropractor. I hear/read about how bad peoples health is all day at work, and I cant say any of it surprises me anymore. After learning here it all makes sense. I see the lifestyle choices that lead up to all their pain, surgeries and extensive med lists. Sometimes I even see their children, and the path they are walking down and where it takes them. The biggest industry in the city I am in is medicine, and there are many sick people here because of that. I get daily reminders of how lucky I am to be as healthy as I am -- there are so many others who have it so much worse and don't know why.

I decided to buy my daughter and I new blue light blockers tonight. I will get hers in her prescription since she has accomodative estropia without her glasses, but I am gonna leave my prescription off. I do well without it. Ive been thinking a lot about proper clotging1 to wear to the office too to mitigate all ghe blue light. I need to figure out what would block it out best.

I realized that my feet ache while at work -- and I am betting its becauss they rest just inches away from the modem, router, and computer tower. Ill have to brainstorm fixes to that to get me through until I can work from home.

I got some incandescent bulbs in the mail today, so I'll be getting rid of all the LED bulbs -- straight in the trash. Here I thought they were such a great idea! They would last so long I told myself!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Phosphene likes this.
  20. Yesterday my daughter came up to me and said "Mama, did you know fake light is bad for you?" Shes listening to me! She makes me so proud.

All week I have been asleep by 10PM, and have been waking between 5:30AM-6:30AM. Sunrise here is at 6AM, and I can see the sun over the homes around 7AM. I've been eating breakfast around 30-40 minutes after I wake up, and eating outside too. My daughter (who used to sleep until 8-9am), has woken during the 6am hour twice this week. She also enjoys eating breakfast outside with me, and then she will run and play at the park in our backyard. Every day this week I also took a 1-2 hour lunch out in the sun. I finished The Epi-Paleo RX this week and have started on The 4th Phase of Water and The Body Electric. All have been absolutely fascinating.

I had 2 CT sessions this week, with just cold water from the tap in my tub. I'm still surprised I enjoy it, but I have always liked cold and winter time. I am a 5th generation Minnesotan with German and Scandinavian ancestry. It does make sense. I plan on starting to add some ice soon. I'm excited to see where I end up!

My fasting blood glucose was consistently at 88 or below this week! I have also lost weight and inches. I'm feeling pretty good, but still waking up very tired. After a few hours I have more energy though. I know I need to get serious about blocking all the blue light at work on my skin and eyes when I am there. Does anyone have ideas for what I can do for clothes? I read that it needs to be able to block out blue light (obviously), but its hard to tell what will do that best. I have been holding long sleeved clothes up to the light at the store and seeing if I can see through it. So far the best I have come up with are compression shirts and UV blocking swimwear. These would make some sense to wear under my office clothes - at least it is plausible. I want to find something that will be easier for going in and out of stores though. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist, so if I am going to do something I want to do it right the first time -- but I have to remember that in a lot of cases health wise something is better than nothing to start with.

Reading the forums here I'm reminded every day how much I have yet to learn. Sometimes its hard not to get overwhelmed about the vast amounts of information that has been shared here and how long some of you have been working on this. I have to remember I'll get there, I will keep chugging along.