1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Digestive enzymes...strange reaction

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Ben1983, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ben1983

Ben1983 New Member

I have had some issues with my gut over the past year. I get minor cramps after eating or drinking things such as coffee, dairy products and eggs. I had a food intolerance test done which showed quite a number of foods on the list. I decided to try digestive enzymes for the first time as I have read that that can help. I ordered a product called "Beauty Enzymes" by a company called "Sunfood". The product was far from cheap at nearly $70 for one month supply. It is supposed to be the most potent plant-based digestive enzyme product available (apparently 7 times more potent than most enzyme products and twice as potent as the next-best formula). Anyway, the first day I tried it, I took it with my first meal of the day, along with my other supplements, and didn't really notice much other than strting to feeling very slightly agitated, but also a little more alert and aware for the whole day. I also took the product again at my second and final meal of the day. I felt like the agitation increased somewhat just prior to going to sleep, too.
    The next day was somewhat more interesting. I once again took the product in the morning along with my other supplements, however, this time I felt a huge rush feeling go straight to my brain probably five minutes after I took it. I was quite drowsy when I took it (as I am most morning when I wake up), but when the rush hit my brain (and it kind of scared me but only a little) I went from that drowsy state to feeling very alert and focused....probably unlike I can recall. I also felt like things that I had been worrying about previously were now just a piece of cake....it felt awesome. However, that state of mind only lasted fro 30-45 minutes and then I started to feel agitated again as I had the day previously.....but this time I felt agitated to a greater degree. I was at work thinking about going home because I just felt so strange and I just wanted to get away from people incase something weird came out of my mouth....that's how strange I felt. Anyway, the agitation died down after several hours, but since then I haven't been game enough to try it again. It's probably hard to tell what would have caused that reaction without any labs to go by, but I'm just wondering what some possibilities may be? Oh, and if I could always have that state of mind I had for 3o minutes, my God could I achieve much more in life!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Sounds like some excitatory neurotransmitter activity was triggered in your gut…..have you read the Brain Gut series of blogs? Sorry I can't be more helpful...

3. Ben1983

Ben1983 New Member

4. Ben1983

Ben1983 New Member

No I haven't read that yet. I signed up here 6 months ago, and have only just come back into the forum today. I'll have to check it out.