1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Diary of a "Failed" Biohack

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Melanie Procter, May 9, 2016.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/why-did-this-site-get-sticky.11310/page-4#post-135314

I would say that this is precisely why method (epistemology) is more important than content (knowledge).

===============================

You need to find the right method to figure out your deficiencies.

////

Curves likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You have to rub it in, don't you??

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

We learn so much everyday when we are tangled.....

4. kvond

kvond Gold

Nathan,
    I was thinking about ordering the Wm Hof method - any insights?

Nathan likes this.
  5. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Hi Kvond,
    I got a lot out of Wim's course. If you're on the fence look at some youtubes on how to do the basic breathing, try it daily for a week or so and if you want to go deeper get the course. Let me know how it goes!

6. kvond

kvond Gold

Nathan,
    Thanks a lot! I did spring for the course, and have done a full week of breathing. Today I drove to the ocean and swam in the cold. I've at least been consistent, and when I wake with a headache, it does seem to help. Plus, it seems a way to ease into Jack's CT. At the ocean, once I finally got in, I really liked swimming in the cold, til my poor toned veins gave out and I got dizzy :) But I've been reading more studies on migraines and cold, and there seems to be an argument for exposure to cold and ice for more than simply an attempt aborting or ameliorating one. Also, I'm noticing that I'm just paying better attention to my body and triggers than simply bracing myself for the next migraine episode.

Nathan and caroline like this.
  7. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Wonderful and good for you! Keep it up and continue your cold exposure. And yes, mindfulness is very powerful for healing. We have the power to direct our energy to where we need it with our focus and attention. If you are not able to make it to the ocean, ice packs on your carotid arteries can help as well and if you can ground while doing it all the better.

kvond likes this.
  8. kvond

kvond Gold

Never thought of icepacks to the carotid - but that makes a lot of sense. I'm going to give it a try.