1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Diary(I mean Journal) of a Madman

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by FutureVision, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Psoriasis needs full spectrum UVB/UVA/IR and lots of spring water due to sodium bicarb for its power in the eye clock and on ocular melatonin generation.
    Bicarbonate alters how we see and how the eye clock functions by modifying the visual signal generated by rod and cone photoreceptors that detect light. The RPE controls the recycling and health of both rods and cones in different parts of the day.
    Once lost, rods and cones are not replaced in humans, so an irreversible blindness is the outcome and a life time of circadian diseases that all tie back to epigenetic changes induced by cGMP mechanisms.
    Bicarb increases cGMP and this helps light transduction, especially UV light transduction.

drezy, Mayuri, Dean6789 and 4 others like this.
  2. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

skip the coffee.

Mayuri and kcehealth like this.
  3. Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that gun in your hand, oh
    I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady
    You know she took away my coffee in the mornin"
    Seriously. I can certainly ditch the coffee. I've done it before and there seemed to be improvement in my psoriasis and some weight loss but this was also at the beginning of summer. I was doing some biking=outdoors more. I had just switched over to a VLC diet and the rest of the family was in Florida visiting freinds so I had a bit of a stress reduction. I couldn't nail my improvements to the removal of coffee.

You say skip the coffee and my question is why? I obviously have missed, or have not gotten too, some much needed education on the topic. Please enlighten. Thanks!

4. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Caught her messing around with another man....

Coffee is a hack to get you going. Procaffenating according to Jack is sign of poor redox as well. Poor redox is a sign of poor mito functioning. It also can be dehydrating and demineraling in a high nnEMF environment. As your mitochondria become more effecient you shouldn't need the hack. I quit ita couple of months ago based on some stuff in the FB group and as a self-test. Haven't missed it really.

I do feel more hydrated. I work in a horrible nnEMF workplace so I still slam a ton of water. Just started the reptile light (UVA/UVB) yesterday at work and can report I felt great when i left for the day and still had good energy when I got home more than I had previously. Incredible really. I live in NJ so I need the light!

Mayuri and alyson thiessen like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

we all do.......and none of us know it because we are not supposed to know it........just live in it, says mother nature........we no longer do.

Mayuri likes this.
  6. From the light standpoint only using NB-UVB lamp would not be optimal for overall health. I would be better off with a mercury vapor bulb.
    Does a NB-UVB lamp have any place in my arsenal?

7. Day 1 without coffee. I always manage to time these things "badly". Turns out this entire week into next week willbe either overcast or raining and here I am without a morning UV replacement. Days like this I feel like crap. I read a bit through UBI17 and it sounds like I should probably consider removing the niacin from my supplements and add in nicotine gum. Is this a smart move?

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yep......niacin is not smart.......UV light is.

Mayuri and FutureVision like this.
  9. What do you think of getting a narrowband UVB lamp?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'd go with both UVA and UVB.......balance the spectrum. Your eyes need the UVA

11. Looking forward to the day I can add exercise back in but I'll lay off until I know for sure I'm leptin sensitive.

12. I finally got my 23andMe results and used livewello.com to get them translated(all using anonymous email addresses and payment methods). Looking through the reports I see I have a higher than typical risk of developing Lupus which apparently shares many of the same characteristics as psoriasis. I know I don't fit the typical demographic for Lupus and I don't have the common butterfly pattern of skin issues on my face but I do wonder if maybe this might be something to look further into given my higher than typical risk. Anyone have any insight?

Mayuri likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

both AI's due to lack of UV........google Finsen and his 1903 Nobel Prize. You might learn something.

Mayuri, lohd2015 and FutureVision like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Niels Ryberg Finsen (December 15, 1860 – September 24, 1904) was a Faroese-Danish physician and scientist of Icelandic descent. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology in 1903 "in recognition of his contribution to the treatment of diseases, especially lupus vulgaris, with concentrated light radiation, whereby he has opened a new avenue for medical science."
    ----

lohd2015 and Starfish Prime like this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Doctor's says:
    Psoriasis needs full spectrum UVB/UVA/IR and lots of spring water.............

This reptile lamp have UVB/UVA/IR
    so
    just add water.

best price
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exo-Terra-S...ry-Vapor-/360567821610?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
    Exo Terra Solar Glo 160W Reptile Bulb UVB Basking Heat Lizard MVB Mercury Vapor
    US $34.75

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/solar_glo.php
    Data sheet:
    http://www.exo-terra.com/download/sales_sheets/Sales_Sheet_Solar_Glo.pdf

[​IMG]

16. I've seen those but isn't the spike at blue and green a concern? Yuo can't really wear Bluetechs when using those since most lenses block UV. So what is the solution to mitigate the negative effects of the blue light? Maybe that spike is within reasonable levels but from what I've seen of the sun spectrum that is a bit high.

17. I'm also thinking along the lines of IR we're not really looking for the higher energy kind that emits heat but the longer wavelength IR in the 900nm range for healing right?

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Exo Terra Solar Glo 160W
    is meant as all in one high intensity light (for lizards).
    It have enough power that you can keep one light at 2-3 feet distance from your head and it should make some difference.
    Two or three of these lamps would probably replicate mid USA on sunny day.
    (On strong sunny day in middle of USA one may get 150 μW/cm^2 UVB)
    but not tropical sunlight.

In the winter time it would help with heating bill.
    In the summer it would increase AC bill.

This light arrangement when run at about 14-15 hr/day could then replicate summer day in mid America.
    Those who experience SAD could run it 365/year and likely improve their Circadian Rhythm.

I assume that when one runs 14 or 15hrs day, during that "day time" he would not wear anything, no blue blockers, no clothes.
    Blue light from computer screen is less (or no) harmful during "day time".
    Blue light (from any source) is harmful after sundown.
    ------
    The next best light that I know of is reptile UVB200.
    One would need multitude of UVB200 lamps to get 150 μW/cm^2 UVB at 3 feet distance,
    That lamp does not produce heat, it gives off white light somewhat resembling deser light.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Mayuri likes this.
  19. I figured that. I had heard these are more durable and overall better than the Exo Terra's and i was looking at getting them in a dual lamp housing.

http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?EntryID=109&SearchID=1

Of course this adds up and because I can get medical equipment for a fraction of the cost I was looking more at those lamps. None do both UVA and UVB. Anything that does is called a tanning bed and not covered :)

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The PowerSun® UV, 160W, found on amazon, Price: $66.71 + $7.32 shipping
    Let me know how you are going to feel with this lamp.

I already have Reptile UVB150 and UVB200 next to me.
    Ordered Exo Terra Solar Glo 160W ($34.75) from ebay.
    Will let you know my experience.

I am getting up 8AM, go to bed 10-11PM but start sleeping half to one hour latter, listening to radio.
    UVB150 and UVB200 are on till 8PM then off, and red light is on until I go upstairs to bedroom.
    -----
    I have 6' tall banana plant, just got it indoor, hoping that at least the off shoots survive till next year, like they did the year before.
    But one newer knows, this winter it will have PowerSun® UV nearby.

Mayuri likes this.