1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHEA

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Melanie Procter, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Melanie Procter

Melanie Procter New Member

This is a great article. I am very excited about its applications on sunburns as i love the sun and often overdo it. However, I wonder if one is low in progesterone, if she would try to supplement with DHEA and see if progesterone and testosterone would rise.

http://jackkruse.com/hormone-cpc-1-dhea/

Mel

rlee314 likes this.
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Melanie, I really like Twist DHEA cream. It raised my levels significantly. I will say my testosterone levels were high also. Still working on the progesterone...

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

low DHEA = high IL 6 = yucky sleep = autophagy efficiency bad..........when it is bad you are losing electrons in a big way...........when autophagy is bad mitochondria are swelling and you are using more apoptosis which is mitochondrial suicide and not renewal........autophagy is how mitochondria reorganize and renew.

Insufficient or poor sleep can have a lasting consequence on gene expression.
    It turns out RNA methylation underlies the transcription and translation feedback control loops that control circadian signaling. So when you lose electrons you alter the methylation patterns everywhere.......RNA is one key place.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) and rlee314 like this.
  4. nicld

nicld Gold

I use the twist and neurobiologix DHEA as well as PG cream. When I was on oral DHEA my testosterone levels were way too high but I think they are way better now. Like Dawn, my DHEA levels are at way up there.

Based on Dawn's use of DHEA this is the only face cream that I use now and I think it works GREAT. My face got a little bit more sun this weekend and I used it on the face and it looked fine.

5. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

My DHEA is low and in turn my sleep sucks, but when I tried supplementing with it my testosterone rose too.

Dawn - are you saying your T levels are high using the Twist cream? Were they high before you started with the cream?

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

They have always been on the high side, but it went up a more with the DHEA. BHRT doc wasn't pleased with my testosterone level and also thought DHEA was on high side. A couple months ago she tweaked my BHRT again. She wanted me to stop the DHEA cream and switch to a lower dose oral version for a while. I complied with the caveat that if there was a big drop in DHEA levels on my next hormone test (in June) that I would resume the Twist cream.

We'll see...

7. nicld

nicld Gold

My BHRT doc says that he also wanted to see what the free was and last time he checked they were not too bad.

(Here are my last set of labs).
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/labs-getting-better.10568/

I know that when I was on the oral last summer my T was really high and I was having a ton of cystic acne. I switched to the creams and it has got dropped nicely. Dr. Tim has also said that oral DHEA in women works way different in men and can convert to testosterone very easily.

I think it all depends on your age and your N=1 and that's why Jack is a big fan of testing.

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Definitely agree on the testing . . . my T shot up so high on oral DHEA that I was an absolute nightmare to anyone near me. I think in one of my consults Jack even made the comment that he wasn't sure how my husband was living with me with my T so high! I was just curious if the general experience with the cream is the same as that of oral or not. I've been considering the Twist cream for awhile, but I've heard of others having it affect their T (like Dawn), so I didn't want to invest in it if that's the case.

9. nicld

nicld Gold

I say go for it but take it slow. You know how you feel when it is too high so just be very mindful.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Slow..........???? May 1st the 6 month bio hack begins........we are hacking sunlight and hypoxia on weight loss!! I just added 19 lbs in 5 weeks.......and I am going to use nothing but two things to lose it........

11. PaulG

PaulG New Member

May need to join you as my weight is at its highest point.

Are you going to post before and after pictures???

12. nicld

nicld Gold

Crazy idea, have a woman try to do a biohack with you. We all know that men and women are WAY different so curious to see the difference. ;)

rlee314 likes this.
  13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

So lie in the sun holding my breath???? :confused:

Alex97232 and Shijin13 like this.
  14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Aren't we already hypoxic given our OSA???

cantweight likes this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

what did you do to gain that much Jack...?? o_O

16. Inger

Inger Silver

I am tanning my whole bod right now.. might try to hold my breath some :D

17. Sammy

Sammy New Member

Sounds epic! p53 popped into my mind when I read this. Sunlight (UV) + hypoxia !! You got me so curious now!!! Hope you will able to share this with us in the future ^_^

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I will but the action will happen this fall and winter. It takes 6 months of priming the system for this hack. I should be able to drop the weight easily Sept through Jan when its cold and dark if I am correct about magnetism.

rlee314 and Alex97232 like this.
  19. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

almost november...is the weight dropping like you expected, Dr Kruse?

need to understand this. i live in a sunny climate-Hawai'i. DHEA just tested as low per my ND, 118. i don't know what T is b/c it wasn't tested. she feels other hormones look good though. but, would i be correct in assuming i likely have low cholesterol? does my liver need some love? i have noticed that i've been burning more and tolerance of sun is less despite eating shell fish loaded w/aztaxanthin and supplementing it separately...

20. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

i don't need to lose weight, btw. i'm 5'3 and barely 100lbs. i'd love to gain a few lbs actually. figure i probably need a leptin reset.