1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHEA up up and away....

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Patty Cakes, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Joann

Joann New Member

Janz, You always give great info! thanks.

I am post meno. Yes, you are correct ...the topical creams and gels dont show up on testing labs. Do you have a theory? Since topical bypasses liver maybe it gets to receptors and not floating around blood stream? In my case P is converting to ? which causes brain symptoms?

Back to DHEA, has a tendency to go to T, would be good if a man. not so good if a woman with T over range. my dhea is 229.7, my T is 58, range 3-41, E 15.4, P .9 dont know Preg now.

One anti aging doc, usually aggressive with hormones wouldn't push to me but gave my dh a bag full. lol

2. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I have a low level of pregnenolone =16ng/dL - there is no range. If that is is so low, why I had a hard time with supplementing it?

Any idea? My DHEAs is 123 low but better than that.

3. Hi Destiny,

The first time I tried pregnenolone, 50 mg, I got a dizzy, giddy, euphoric feeling from it, is that what you experience? That effect has gone away with lower continued supplementing. I recently got a lab done and my level is only 8! after months of low level supplementation! I'm gonna to switch to jansz brand and see if that makes a difference.

By the way I'm female, 48 and perimeno,menopausal with high FSH (50) with low progesterone too. I have facial hair problems and I don't want dhea to go too high because my testosterone and estradiol levels are fine.

Incorky

4. I started preg @ 100 mg and got dizzy, excited heart rate, and waaaay too much energy. Went down to 50 worked up to 100 then to 150 and now after three months I am at 200mg. I feel really good now and no negative symptoms.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This company

Nutricology/Allergy Research Group

is very "suspect" place, in a good way.

I have found another product they make, it is DHA.

I see a future in this product when more of us will do Fatty Acid Analysis (the real kind, done at Krieger's).

To those who are 65yo and older or are on Medicare.

I have found today that Medcare will pay for test done at Genova Diagnosticts.

The test's name is NutrEval.

Please double check, specially when residing in another state, I live in NJ.

Think Nutritional Evaluation.

Really it is compilation of number of logically assembled nutritional tests

and then

evaluated as a unit.

http://www.gdx.net/product/10116

DESCRIPTION: Unlike any other nutritional assessments,

NutrEval Plasma® provides a framework of core nutrients in 5 key areas:

Antioxidants,

B Vitamins,

Digestive Support,

Essential Fatty Acids, and

Minerals.

In this test, the Amino Acids are measured from a blood draw of plasma

//

Note:

I think that Genova's Fatty Acid Analysis are good (but could be improved a lot).

Krieger's is much better,

but we do not live in perfect world.

People who must deal with more serious problems should try Kriegers.

Autism,

Pervasive Developmental Delay,

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,

Metabolic inborn errors in metabolism,

Lyme,

Heavy Metal Toxicity,

Multiple Sclerosis,

Parkinson’s,

Alzheimer’s,

Motor Neuron Disease and

neurotoxicity.

6. Jansz,

Sorry if this is too personal, but are you combatting a specific diagnosis and trying to effect a cure, or are you single mindedly pursuing optimal health? Are you trying to expand your lifespan? You can tell me to f*** off, but I've been simularily obsessed having suffered bad health. My family thinks I'm nuts. They never have felt like sh** with no energy to exist, they can't relate...

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

single mindedly pursuing optimal health

describes my status

I post more here:

http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/search.php?searchid=50497

8. Joann

Joann New Member

Janz, To those who are 65yo and older or are on Medicare.

I have found today that Medcare will pay for test done at Genova Diagnosticts.

The test's name is NutrEval.

Please double check, specially when residing in another state, I live in NJ.

All I have to do is find a doc that would order Genova test! That would cost a fortune for the visit. Might as well pay out of pocket for test if they would let me.

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I started with 15 mg and had to go down to 7.5 mg. After a few days, I gave up since my sleep got worse.

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I think I need to fix the thyroid first. I also need to boost my progesterone with estrogen. Then, I will try pregnenolone again. Eventually, I will add DHEA adn 7 Keto. I am also thinking that maybe I need to start with DHEA and 7 Keto before pregnenolone.

Not sure yet.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

my doc is here:

http://www.tristate-health.com/

Nothing out of pocket, or mostly nothing.

Unless you can see dr Kruse who is MD

usually MD's are poor bet.

Better bet is seeing osteopaths.

Still it is a bet, so opinions of others are important.

My doc is osteopath.

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Incorky, I had heart palpitations and it got worse at night. My sleep that is not so great anyway, got worse.

Generally, I felt so weird on it. It is hard to describe it.

13. Maybe a reaction to the high cortisol?

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I will give it try once I settle down with Cytomel. Maybe if I take it with DHEA, it will feel different.

15. Probably best to wait since you are doing so much else right now. Too many new items in your system at once I would imagine could create some havoc!

16. Destiny,

I had heart palps at night when my ferritin was low, around 10 to 20. (Even though I had normal hemocrit and hemoglobin). I found that supplementing lactoferrin really helped raise my ferritin levels. Maybe try getting your ferritin level to 50 - 70 before trying again. This will also help your thyroid function. Adequate iron stores are necessary for brain function too, neither too high nor too low.

17. Destiny

Destiny New Member

It is hard to say. I had palpitations for a very long time but it got worse on pregnenolone.

The good news is that since taking Cytomel, I am noticing that I almost have none!!

18. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My ferritin was at 58 a couple of weeks ago. Not great but not totally horrible. I am taking iron and will look into lactoferrin. Thank you!

19. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That is my thinking too! I am doing well on Cytomel right now. Finally, some progress!

20. Joann

Joann New Member

Thanks! NJ, definitely a possibility. I'm in the process of getting my act back to the east coast.....miss it too much.

I had a great doc but he just disappeared! when I found him he is with a group but no medicare. so it goes