1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHEA-S and Teststerone results

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by fitness@home, Feb 7, 2013.

1. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

Claudia...I tried the 7-Keto for awhile, but did not find improvement in sleep so I switched to the regular dhea. I think someone more qualified than myself can answer your question about raising dhea with CT, etc.

2. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I don't have any sleep issues, just hormonal imbalances and mitochondrial inefficiency. I do wake up to pee, which I guess is not ideal. Not sure.

3. Meg

Meg Gold

Carol,
    What kind of DHEA did you use when you had such good results? I have not had much results from oral DHEA - 7 Keto or regular, but I know everyone responds differently. I recently switched to Twist DHEA and I "feel" better right off the bat. Can't wait to do labs.

4. Psyche

Psyche New Member

Can anyone provide insight on how I could have a DHEA-S level well below 100 (76) ,yet still have good sleep? It's really been puzzling me, as every reference about DHEA seems to suggest you have terrible sleep if you have low levels.

Perhaps I only THINK I sleep well? Perhaps it's a sleep quality thing? But I get 7-9 hrs. each night, with dreams, and I feel refreshed in the morning.

Perhaps it's a context thing? I'm 48 and DHEA has been falling for a while, I imagine.

Thanks for any input....

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ocular melatonin in eye can offset the DHEA level in the serum

6. Psyche

Psyche New Member

Thank you for the response, Jack. My particular N=1, I suppose. It makes me wonder about my unusual reaction to Prozac- the only side effect I had when it was once prescribed to me is intense sleepiness, so much so that I could not continue taking it.

Circadian rhythms in the eye: the physiological significance of melatonin receptors in ocular tissues.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18316227

The circadian signaling molecule, melatonin, is secreted into the circulation from the pineal gland, and is also produced within specific ocular cells such as retinal photoreceptors, ciliary epithelial cells, and perhaps cells of the lens. Melatonin appears to entrain many aspects of the biological clock via activation of specific G-protein-coupled integral membrane melatonin receptors. Melatonin receptors have been identified in many ocular tissues, including the neural retina, retinal pigment epithelium, ciliary body, cornea, sclera, and lens.