1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHEA-S and Teststerone results

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by fitness@home, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you need no knowledge of hormones to know that when you arrived on this planet you were whole.........now youre not. What constitutes wholeness is not the cause of your current issues...........

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you must however, dig a little deeper when mining for gold............

3. endless

endless New Member

Thanks Diane...I have been using prescription the whole time. Have not made it over the border yet.

BJK77, I am using regular. I just wonder about the testosterone....I won't be getting another lab for it for a couple months so I will just have to experiment until then I guess! Did you have any physical symptoms of the high T?

4. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I agree with all your 3 posts, Dr. K. Believe it or not I am making a progress but my inner self is still not very intuitive. Is 7-keto as good as DHEA? Or nothing compares to DHEA?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

that is OK.......as long as you realize it........and dont give up like some others here have..........

6. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Giving up? That is one thing I know for sure - I don't have that option.

7. diane

diane Gold

Destiny I really admire your tenacity. Because so many people in your position if they don't give up, they surrender control. Which is pretty much the same thing.

8. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I cannot take a credit for that, Diane. I most likely would be the same if I did not come to this forum. In the past, I have never questioned my doctors. I really did not have any health problem
    until this one hit out of the blue. LOL - I am sure Dr. K would say it was not out of the blue!!

9. Same here and my T has always been low. I know that taking the DHEA was a blessing when it came to sleep.

My other hormones aren't balanced enough to start the T supplementation, even with the low level. I need more Pg, doc won't give it but she freely will pass out the T script! Go figure!

10. You're wise to proceed with caution Marta. I would be just like you I think if I were in your shoes. Research and review and then do it all again! At least you are taking a route that differs from the standard.

I have two friends diagnosed w/BC. One had a double mastectomy (w/only one breast that had cancer) and the other only needed radiation. Neither has given up gluten or sugars. It's sad.

11. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Huh. My T was flatlined when it was checked (again) last Fall. It's till in the basement. I've upped my DHEA to 50mg supplemented a couple - 3 times a week with a dose of 15mg cream. My sleep has gone back to stellar again.

I upped my T cream from 3 "lines" per day to 5. Still having zero effect. I've doubled my pregnenalone dose as well.

Maybe I should up my tanning bed time to 15 minutes from 10.

12. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Destiny, if you don't mind my jumping in here, but by your quote above I sense your frustration, but I think that you are missing what Dr. Kruse is getting at.
    I know that you are probably already aware of the following, but for completeness, let me summarize:
    DHEA - Dr. K says 275-400 ug/dL of DHEA for women with 7-keto being preferred for
    women. Note that the top range is 400 ug/dL. Dr. Kruse says that a high DHEA level
    implies that IL-6 is low, which is a good thing for any type of cancer. A high DHEA level
    also implies high melatonin, which is the number one antioxidant in the brain and
    major protector against all epithelial cancers (i.e. breast cancer).
    So I can understand your focus on DHEA. But here is another quote from Dr. Kruse,
    IMMHO, I think what Dr. Kruse is trying to point to you is that you are focused on the wrong thing, your focus should be on increasing your electrons/ATP which in turn will increase your DHEA/melatonin/etc.

Go re-read Dr. Kruse's long post beginning with
    and I think you may realize the golden nugget that he is giving you.

13. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I'll check it out, Shilohman, thank you!

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hi Patty, I just want to do a max of what I can do. At the same time, I want to understand as much as I can. It is a process for sure.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

true starfish love there........

16. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

Diane...sorry for the late reply...sometimes I can't find my way back to a thread-ugh!
    I went mostly by labs and changes to how I react to foods and supplements...e.g. when I started taking coconut oil it would make my stomach cramp, I didn't connect that until later. I had bone both twice a day most days, I can eat tomatoes and peppers and a few other things. I have to say the only thing I miss now is my Guinness :)
    Labs, Vit D went from 45 to 95; dhea from 170 to 1100; hdl 47 to 65; b12 278 to 844; pg/e2 ration up to 506 after increasing prometrium from 200 mg to 400 mg(Jack suggested in consult)

also a big factor for me going on t3 only, my ratio of free t3 to reverse t3 went from 7.0 to 16.8(that was Aug to Nov) I'm re-testing in a few weeks. Just seems to me that my body is finally using what I've been giving it.

17. diane

diane Gold

Thanks Carol! I have experienced less heartburn and less reaction to foods such as tomatoes, red peppers (green don't affect me), so I was curious how you were assessing.

Great news on the DHEA, Vit D and PG/E2 ratios! I'm working on all of those myself.

18. Hope

Hope Gold

CarolM, that is amazing about your DHEA...how long did it take to go from 170 to 1100???? I realize your N=1 but just wondering.....

19. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I'm interested to know, too, CarolM. I just started 7-KETO-DHEA not too long ago. I take 50mg of that per day. I'm still confused on which one is best. I thought Dr. K said to do 7-KETO-DHEA if you're female. I even wrote it down after a recent Q&A. But I don't think that 7-KETO will actually bring up DHEA levels. But doing CT, earthing/grounding, eating epi-Paleo BAB, avoiding EMF, orange glasses and amber lightbulbs---all of these will raise DHEA without any supplementation. Do I understand that correctly?

20. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

Hope, I just checked my results again for the dates and I goofed on the starting #. Sorry about that! It was 267 on July 12, 1100 on Nov. 14,
    I stopped supplement from Nov 16th to Dec. 4th when I tested again and it went down to 170 on Dec. 04--that was with no supplements.
    I'm testing again the end of this month, I'll let you know how it comes out.

I remember someone else posting that they lowered their supplements because of reults that were too high and their sleep suffered. I'm having that problem. My sleep was doing great and it's not as good.