1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHEA-S and Teststerone results

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by fitness@home, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I get that DHEA is important but how about people who have a hormone sensitive cancer? Not highly sensitive but still sensitive. Could the supplementation restart and feed it?

2. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

Destiny, you should consider watching the October webinar on breast cancer, where Jack talks extensively about how to deal with and manage cancer diagnoses. I would say that if you're concerned about NOT having a recurrence of cancer, DHEA or no DHEA not the right question if you really care about prevention. I have learned a lot from Jack about the role of circadian rhythms, EMF and overall shitty biology as collective contributors to modern diseases like cancer. The blog and webinars offer you a lot to be able to educate yourself. Perhaps Jack or Gretchen or another member can recommend a few blog posts or other specific places for you to dig in. The DHEA blog is a good start, of course.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

How about what? That is your and their belief..........not mine. If it was true you should have emerged from the vagina with cancer since your DHEA was in pristine shape then...........

4. endless

endless New Member

For those of you who have upped your supplementation, did you notice an improvement in your sleep? Did you take it all at once, or throughout the day? My sleep has taken a turn for the worse lately.....

5. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I did find an improvement in my sleep, but it seems I really had to find my "sweet" spot with supplementing. Too much DHEA destroyed my sleep. When I was taking 100 mg my testosterone was out of control and sleep was hideous. I'm currently taking 60 mg (need to test to see how my levels are as it's only been a few weeks at this dose) and my sleep is much better than it was. I also noticed an improvement in sleep when I first started DHEA, even at low doses of 10-25 mg.

6. Endless, I did my own test on DHEA. Started with a level of 100ish. Then started supplementation with both DHEA and 7-Keto. I was able to get my level up to 357. I was sleeping well and overall felt pretty good. So I slowed down the supps thinking I didn't want to go to high in my level and BAM! my sleep was disrupted and within a couple of months my DHEA level plumeted to 91! Started the DHEA only (no 7-keto) and now after three weeks I am sleeping soundly again. For me (and I think most everyone) there is a connection between DHEA and sleep.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DHEA does not destroy it........it fosters sleep. Something else destroyed it.

8. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Thanks, tellmisty. I have listen to the webinar many times and follow the advice there. I follow a ketogenic diet and take Chrysin and all the supplements recommended there. I think I understand that Chrysin decreases the estrogen production. Then, DHEA can convert to estrogen and testosterone. That is the confusing part for me.

I also understood that if your cancer is not hormone sensitive you can make it hormone sensitive with those supplements. I am trying to understand ...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  9. endless

endless New Member

Hmmm....I will have to experiment. I was wondering if 50mg is too much for me since I have been feeling more 'testy' since starting it, although I have no tests to check my T level right now. On the other hand, maybe I need to go higher. I've been on 50mg since starting in mid-december and frankly I have not noticed much.

10. endless

endless New Member

Destiny, I don't blame you for feeling cautious, in your position...I would be too! I hope you get some clarity about it!

11. diane

diane Gold

Krista - I'm seeing a difference in the quality of DHEA I'm using. I was using the GNC brand (it was all I could find when I went over the border lol), but have had bigger increases with a smaller prescription dose. I just happened to throw in a DHEA test when I went back for more testing lol.

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

It is not my belief but I am trying to educate myself on that. I read a lot of articles, ....... LEF had one article says don't take DHEA, take 7 Keto. Then, another article says don't take anything. If you are a sort of healthy, it is easy to experiment with hormones, once you get the Dx it is not that simple anymore. It is scary ....

13. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Maybe it was the high T caused by too much DHEA?? I'm sure there was some underlying connection because as soon as I cut the DHEA dose my sleep improved again.

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Thanks, endless, for your understanding.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ok...so since the last article you read told you something they said because they need to protect themselves from lawsuits from Ca victims because they sell DHEA you assume it correct? Why dont you think about what you just said.........did you not have massive DHEA optimization from the womb? So why are you afraid now? Because other variables brought you to youre current situation you are not accounting for............

16. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Krista,

Are you taking DHEA or 7-keto? Sorry if I missed that earlier. I take regular DHEA, which Jack said should be ok since my levels were in the toilet, but when I was taking too much it definitely did cause me to get very "testy" since my testosterone shot through the roof. I'm still impressed that DH managed to stay married to me during that time ;)

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

scary is not thinking.............And I am not saying it to be be mean........I am saying it because it is the source of why you have a real problem. You must solve that and no one else. I think you need to become aware of it.........and maybe this thread helps you see what youre blind too.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

n=1.........is not everyone's solution but it is yours. When you know how we work N=1 become clearer to a clouded mind..........

19. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am trying not to assume anything but to make a good decision for myself. I am sure there were many variables that brought me to the current state. There is no question about that. I just don't understand the hormonal complexity. As I was saying using Chrysin to suppress and using DHEA to supplement ... more reading on the web while trying to limit my web usage .. another paradox.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In the reality of Optimal organic process of regaining your health from cancer, where the self is ever becoming more knowledgeable, it does not pass like an automaton from one frozen instant of time mechanistically to the next. In that sense concretely taken DHEA and then looking for a cause and effect answer keeps you from an ultimate truth when there are many more possibilities. You decided it was DHEA because your temporal experiences made you believe that. In reality there are infinite superpositions that likely were the cause because at is core cancer is an epigenetic disease that is caused by altered cellular signaling in an incoherent system. That means a lack of energy is proximal to the cause. In the 6/30/12 blog on DHEA non could come away with the impression that DHEA causes a lack of energy. Go re read it. Yet, one smal LEF article convinced you otherwise and blocked you from the real answer. This is instructive. This is precisely how QED works. Forget about cause and effect in temporal Newtonian constructs and realize all possibilities are based upon how you handle. energy in the here and now. When people get caught in the time trap and not realize it is about energy transfer mistakes in judgment follow and compound. This is why cancer will never be solved by modern medicine. They are looking in every wrong place their beliefs have permeated into your consciousness. Instead allow the quality of your experience/wisdom permeates your whole being in a complete succession of your personal experiences from your life, without separateness in a self which lives and develops by means of its very hesitations, until the free action drops from it like an over-ripe fruit. Live by what you know happened in your past when you arrived into this world............not what has happened to your after. What occurred after is where the cancer came from.........it stole electron and photons from you and that is precisely how you got the cancer. There are infinite ways.........but DHEA happens not to be one.
    It give you electrons in its mode of action............