1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHEA & Pregnenolone

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by freeheartbk, Jun 13, 2017.

1. freeheartbk

freeheartbk Silver

Hi all! I have chronic lyme and chronic active EBV, my hormones are totally trashed. Saliva test about a year ago showed very low cortisol throughout the day (as well as low estrogen and even lower progesterone) so I started taking hydrocortisone, which has helped a bit with energy.

I recently had other hormones checked as well and the results were terrible: DHEA-s at 16.5, Pregnenolone is 19 and Testosterone is less than 3. I just ordered Pure Encapsulations DHEA and Pregnenolone and am very excited to start taking them, but am a bit concerned about combining with the hydrocortisone. How would you suggested I titrate the dosages and possibly wean off the HC while going up on the DHEA and Pregnenolone?

2. Bonnie

Bonnie Silver

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Silver

I’m healthy 54 yr old. I’m doing Julva (DHEA) and PPr (pregnealone) cream as per Dr Anna Cabecca. I sleep great with it. I do wonder if I am violating the NO SUPPLEMENTS rule. Does anyone have an opinion about that?

4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Bonnie

"I sleep great with it" would imply I don't sleep so great without it.... For my n=1, if I continued to use it, it would be in the knowledge that I am masking less than optimal natural sleep. If I was optimal, at 60 it might be something I'd consider, but do I think its something that will help me reach optimal? Nope. It has the potential to lull me into a false sense of security. :)

Bonnie, caroline and Lahelada like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jack is pretty CLEAR RIGHT HERE:

Alex97232, caroline and Sue-UK like this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Jack is very, very clear right here! he absolutely pulls no punches - very succinct and to the point.

No where to hide from this...... we need to take this on board and pay it forward.......

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Just to be on topic.
    @Jack Kruse
    @freeheartbk
    There is a Jack's post here somewhere, where he recommends antibiotics and otherwise conventiional treatment first for your condition.
    After that comes rebuilding of your system (trashed by antibiotics) and otherwise.

///////////////

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

solar cycles control the microbiome and not food choices.