1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHA Supps Crossing The BBB

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by AdamF, May 27, 2017.

1. AdamF

AdamF New Member

drezy likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The majority of DHA present in the human brain is incorporated during the brain growth spurt which starts at week 26 of gestation and imposes a high demand for the fatty acid until about 2 years of age. DHA is required when neuronal and glial differentiation and migration, and active myelination and synaptogenesis took place in the brain morphogenesis. There is now convincing evidence in the cite below that neural developmental milestones, determine long-term brain functional capacity in adults. It is supposed that when brain milestones has passed it may be too late to intervene with omega-3 long-chain fatty acids in neurological/neuropsychological disorders such as, depression, and bipolar disorder, mood and cognition, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Huntington’s disease, among others neurological diseases. It has been demonstrate that as the individual ages, a constant reduction of the DHA content of the brain occurs, and in some neurological diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, a more pronounced reduction of the fatty acid occurs to show a serious loss of volume in MRI's in the temporal and frontal lobes. There is also a lot of loss of DHA in AMD and many retinal diseases associated with myopia and retinal tears. Epidemiological evidence now suggest that a decrease in brain DHA levels, which normally occurs during aging, and that is exacerbated by reduced dietary intake of DHA and increased loss from artificial light, may increase the risk of neuro-degenerative diseases and retinal diseases........and points out why a blue lit and microwaved world is a real modern problem getting worse by the day.

CITES:

1. Das, U. N. (2003). Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in the growth and development of the brain and memory. Nutrition, 19, 62-65.

6. AdamF

AdamF New Member

I don't see why you are drawing the conclusion that DHA being found at the SN-2 position means that it needs to be ingested that way.

7. AdamF

AdamF New Member

(As a side note, I hate supplements, but I do like algae for other reasons, and I'm trying to figure how much DHA I can actually get from quality sources.)

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DHA in plantkton and bacteria is mostly in SN1 and 3. That is why we need fish......they convert it in their flesh and we eat them. We're not supposed to eat the oil of fish that man processes. It is simple. If Nordic Naturals was around 4 million yrs ago I'd feel better about your ideas.

9. drezy

drezy New Member

This is why I spent nearly $200 on an EMF device to regularly check my environment. I also spent $400 building a cold chamber (since I live in Central Texas). I've got to face the fact that I could very well be working with limited resources (cognition). Turns out I found my consciousness awakened into a swiss/gaul 6'4" body. It doesn't take much to search how many of the 100-140year olds were above 6'. I'm like the Great Dane of humans and I know it. Size is nice, lifespan not so nice. I'll be on ice and calorie restriction forever and DHA will be a constant input.

Brent Patrick and caroline like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

so you will be on ice hey! like a long cold one?

11. AdamF

AdamF New Member

First comment still stands,
    What data precludes the idea that we can strip off the DHA and reconstitute the package/move it to the proper position and get it to the brain or do this once the components are there?

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Fish oil has its place.......but right now it is being used very incorrectly by most.

shiran and drezy like this.
  13. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Got a link to a thread where you talk about the device and cold chamber??

Would like to know more about these so I can get them myself, cheers

14. drezy

drezy New Member

CT:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/ct-chamber-experiment-interested.19445/
    My testing is done and it will soon be moved out of my garage and into a little garden area outside.

Meter reference (The charger was mildly noisy phone switching to airplane mode was horrific):
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...mito-hacking-thread.19168/page-15#post-213674

The Cornet detects up to 8GHz. I'm looking into slapping this little chip into a circuit for better 5G phone signal detection and up to 40GHz. (5G phone does not = 5GHz btw):

http://www.linear.com/product/LTC5596

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Sean Waters likes this.
  15. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Thanks mate... i'll have a read through and get back to you