1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DHA for Toddlers?

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Sandra Barton, Nov 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sandra Barton

Sandra Barton New Member

Hello, I am looking for recommendations on how to get more DHA into a toddler......recipes, or ?

2. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Your location?

3. Sandra Barton

Sandra Barton New Member

Chico, CA
    39.7285° N, 121.8375° W

4. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Animal brains, tastes better than custard.

I'd eat it every day if I could find enough, which I probably can with a little more effort.

5. Sandra Barton

Sandra Barton New Member

Hard to find here as well. Having success with seafood broth/stew.

6. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Most USDA facilities throw the heads away. So you have to get a farmer (small scale, pastured, organic of course) that can get the facility to save them. Sad the most nutritious part of the animal gets wasted or fed to dogs in the states.

I really miss eating wild salmon, Dungeness crab, and sand dabs.

Sandra Barton likes this.
  7. You should be able to buy a local grass fed lamb for under $200. Worth it for the bone broth alone.

Anne V and drezy like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

I would feed him caviar! That is the best food ever for a baby I guess :) :)

Try get wild caught Salmon, or other wild caught fishroe with only salt as preservative. I get that here, 50 grams for about 6 euro. It is not very cheap, but so worth it once in a while. A baby would not need much, a teaspoon comes a long way. And I bet baby will love it! :) :)
    I eat it as a treat once in a while, it is soo good :)

Pastured, organic egg yolks would be nice too, raw. I guess babies like them too. Very easy to feed :)