1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

dha breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by rlee314, Feb 20, 2016.

1. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

so...i'm 7 months post birth and exclusively breastfeeding my baby.

in light of this article i've noticed something in regards to my pregnancy and the weight loss post birth. during pregnancy i gained more in my hips, thighs and butt than my previous pregnancy. i was epi paleo prior to and all throughout this pregnancy. previous pregnancy i wasn't-but still ate a lot of fish.
    both times post birth i lose weight rapidly. getting back to prepregnancy weight quickly--and i do not 'work' at doing this. i'm still epi paleo post birth and i eat a lot of fat. BAB etc. however--i am losing a lot of weight and size from my hips, thighs and butt!! i'm not sure i can eat more fish-i eat it 2-3xday.
    i'm not a hipy or big butt girl to begin with...
    anyhow...any ideas?
    http://www.zmescience.com/medicine/babies-development-fat-mother-20012015/

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ive not heard how much sunlight and grounding your getting in those 7 months.......i'd bet it is not as much as you'd like or need.

3. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

we live in hawai'i so i like to think i'm getting a lot of both. but, could definitely do more.
    after breakfast we walk at the beach barefoot most days.
    we do beach days 1-3x/week.
    go to parks etc.
    i stopped wearing my contacts several months ago.

it's just weird. my fat friends w/big asses who don't eat nearly as much dha as i do nor do they get as much light as i do...they wear sunscreen and sunglasses etc...but, they have big asses and hips and thighs. and i have lost a ton of weight in these areas-not trying-and eat at minimum seafood 2x/day and have done that since 3 months prior to conception and 90% of pregnancy.

maybe she's just sucking all the DHA from me? i don't know!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What your missing is that the children pull it from you........and them in different ways tied to what was written in Time 9 and 10.

5. Inger

Inger Silver

I think this is amazing :) :)

You write you have nice fatty milk... how awesome!!! You baby is sooo fortunate!!! wow......
    Just keep eating more DHA it will fill your stores up again! Your fat stores must have consisted of mostly DHA ;)
    I think mine are too, as I do have a butt and I am not losing it because I do not breastfeed

6. Antonis

Antonis Silver

Your baby is lucky to have you. I was breast-fed only for a month. Then my
    mother paused. Didn't have more..

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Breast feeding is a lost art in our species

Danco3636, Antonis and shiran like this.
  8. Rela

Rela New Member

My daughter is 2.2 years old. I still breastfeed her. The only thing about it is that she still wakes up every 1.5 hours at night to feed. Otherwise I love it.

Antonis likes this.
  9. Antonis

Antonis Silver

Perfect!!