1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Jamie Ward, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Jamie Ward

Jamie Ward Gold

levels came back 146 & 147 for Kate and I. Yet to see anyone with 'optimal' levels... makes me question the cignature health test when they are selling depleted water... has anyone had anything below 130?

Freader, Jeanne, Tanya and 2 others like this.
  2. Not yet but my Breathy test from cignature arrived today along with my breathing mask from cignature that I paid US$130, plus shipping for. It’s got the brand name Humidiflyer on it so I thought I’d have a Google. Ironically it’s made in my home city Melbourne, Australia, and I could have purchased it for AUS$42!

Mayuri and seanb4 like this.
  3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Yes.... Makes one wonder.... One way of figuring this out would be to send in a sample from a child age 10 or 12 (that is the the level of deuterium is ideal), but instead of indicating his/hers actual age, write one as - let's say 50 or 60. Kind of sneaky way of approaching it, but would be interesting to see what the test result would be:)

seanb4 and JanSz like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

10 or 12 yo are still growing, their deuterium is supposed to be high.

30yo was said to be finished with growing.
    Healthy, but "normal, average" 30yo should be tested.
    "normal, healthy average" is to be determined, but it is not a gold medal winner in anything, not pregnant, not menopausal or post menopausal, male or female, nothing in between, ....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Mayuri likes this.
  5. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I was basing this on a research done on body water turnover. Here is a link: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jpa/19/5/19_5_207/_pdf

Until at least age 15, children show higher body turnover than adults.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

132 for me.

Inger, seanb4, Mayuri and 1 other person like this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Are you drinking DDW now or in the past.

////////

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What is your ATP-RPM
    breath & urine or saliva

seanb4 likes this.
  10. Mayuri

Mayuri Silver

Hi Susie, Thanks, found the Humidiflyer mask in Melbourne. Got a long haul coming up at the end of this year. Wish I could get some decent water onboard that flight. Cheers,

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    seanb4 likes this.
  11. Joseph Thia

Joseph Thia Aspiring Mitochondriac

Hi Jack, did you use Preventa / Qlarivia, or was it more of a mix of mineral water (e.g. mountain valley, voss, gerolsteiner, san pellegrino etc depending on the season) and also using the Yeti cup hack?

12. Jamie Ward

Jamie Ward Gold

So no one doing it 'right' on the forum is below 130... seems like you can only get there if you drink artificially created DDW

Sheddie and seanb4 like this.
  13. Joseph Thia

Joseph Thia Aspiring Mitochondriac

Need to consider our environment (e.g. 3G, 4G or 5G) and age (don't forget Wallace 101 on heteroplasmy rate rising as we age).

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Great idea to ponder.

seanb4 likes this.
  15. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I would say more accurately that some may be doing it right but not testing.

Personally, I do not run tests but gauge how I am going by:
    1. How I feel (energy, sleep quality, brain fog or lack of such etc.+
    2. Sexual function (including night wood)

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am still waiting for my Breathy test indicating my status after 35 days of DDW use,
    but after 22 days of DDW use I got significant break thru, that (more or less) holds to this day.
    Today is my day #46 on DDW
    -----------------

I am trying to figure out some goal for my self.

As far as I can figure, CignatureHealth's goal is
    130 ppm (D/H) on breath condensate (but this looks like a secondary goal to me because)
    they also have and test for ATP-RPM and on my breath condensate my
    ATP-RPM=16.4 (sub optimal)
    but I was told that their goal for me is to reach 40.
    I am 78yo, and likely they set a goal for me according to my age. But in my numerology over last 20 years, I was always trying to measure up to 25-30 yo healthy men.

@Jack Kruse posted his results as 132 , but I would love to also know his ATP-RPM, actual and his goal.
    Jack also said that he is on DDW for 12 years.
    Would love to get some details on that.

In their introductory video, I think dr Q says that after reaching 130ppm body should (be able) to take over D management and only occasional DDW use is, or may be, needed (one month out of the year).
    So it looks like at least one or two tests over the year are useful in gauging the D status.
    ---------------
    Breath condensate represents status of a whole body (composite).
    As far as I can tell, CignatureHealth distinguish (liquids-water), (solids), and composite.
    Liquids or solids vary on deuterium content.
    I got burned with Coconut water (which I thought should have low ppm, thinking of coconut oil that is low)
    When I tested (my) Coconut Water it came (very high).
    When I asked what happened, got as answer: solids are low there, water high, combined high.
    Do I really care that solids in Coconut Water are low.
    ---------------
    From @WalterNL I got:
    Metabolic water∼115 ppm
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/deuterium-in-foods.20423/page-7#post-229480
    http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/74/19_Supplement/1426
    names there László G. Boros, Gábor Somlyai
    Metabolic water by complete fat oxidation, coupled with cytochrome-c, contains low average ∼115 ppm (parts per million) deuterium due to deuterium discrimination by plant lipogenic enzymes during photosynthesis.
    but
    they studied kidney tumors
    so not sure if that applies to healthy body

-------------------
    Jack mentioned egg yolk as low in D.
    Implies that egg white is high.
    Eventually I would like to have that tested (on the cheapest eggs that I can find) (good ones have no choice but have to be better).
    ------------------

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  17. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

What a revolution that would be for egg yolks versus egg whites!!!

I eat the whole egg drowned in butter for butyric acid. Usually with bacon fat and more often than not on top of grainless sourdough bread. that is my go to breakfast unless there are dinner leftovers I can heat which are usually lamb or pork chops or ribs or else fish fillets if Im really having a good day.

Brent Patrick, shiran and Mayuri like this.
  18. Jude

Jude Gold

Grainless sourdough bread ? Do tell:)

19. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

20. Jude

Jude Gold

That was tantalising :0
    Do love the occasional sourdough....thanks..