1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

deuterium mask

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Patrick K, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

Hello,

I will prob my test my ppm deuterium levels in the coming weeks.
    I was wondering what you guys think about ordering that mask...they say that oxygen bounds to D2 ...and this mask helps to ''breath to expell more deuterium''

Breathy mask on cignature...what does the community think?

worth it? Or just normal nasal breathing as good in your opinion?
    its 132$ US

https://www.cignaturehealth.com/product/breath-right-mask/

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I use a mask to hack things but I do it myself.

3. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

Do it yourself meaning you use your own mask?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. philip malone

philip malone Silver

I am curious. Would a simple surgical mask do??

6. kris90

kris90 New Member

My breathing has become incredibly optimal naturally. I think from years of fat-adapting through fasting and CT, and eating a mostly ketotic diet.

I also try to be more mindful about my breathing now, and now it's automatic for my lungs to pull in maximal oxygen. I can literally feel the tension in my lungs with every breath I take. I think on average, I only take about 3-4 breaths per minute.

7. freesia

freesia Old Member

I haven't looked into the mask in detail, or even followed any of the breathing discussion (yet!) but is the objective similar to Buteyko training? (Bohr effect.)
    Buteyko seems to work synergistically with cold exposure, in my experience at least....Wim Hof approach no bueno for me.

8. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

Ok...wow 3 to 4 breaths per minute...

kris90 likes this.
  9. Pebbles

Pebbles Gold

I have some Uvex ( yes same as the blueblockers) mask w double active charcoal filter, and some fussy ventilation system - I will test it:))

10. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

What I was wondering is ..I know oxygen (well I read it) helps to carry deuterium out of the body. So how is this simple mask (seeks like no mecanism) that looks like a security mask doing this?

11. philip malone

philip malone Silver

I think the idea is to train your breathing to be deeper or more powerful. So, to your point, more O2 in, more deuterium out......

12. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

So a great hack for depleting heavy H is deep breathing....
    Would holding it in say 5 to 10 secs. increase efficacity?

So deep as possible in...hold ...exhale...wait ....start over.

I feel nasal will increase nitric ox and increase O2

13. philip malone

philip malone Silver

There are many breathing "technologies" - Buteyko and Wim Hof have been mentioned - but I am no expert on them and always N=1 9see above re Wim Hof).... Something else to study up on!

14. Jamie Ward

Jamie Ward Gold

15. kris90

kris90 New Member

Probably lower metabolism is associated to low deuterium levels and less depletion required. Maybe that's the mechanism.

So high metabolism is necessary for depletion of deuterium but low metabolism means low deuterium levels and hence optimal?

16. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

So i just received the mask.

I tried it and it basically a hospital mask.
    I tried sleepinh with it but wife says she hears me garggle spit...

Anyway...how goes one go to diminish D...
    Seems like nasal breathing might to the trick...dunno how the mecanics of breathing humid air takes away D

Can someone explain how they use it (when ...how long)

And how they think its acting to take out more D

17. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

The short version of how it works is to bind more deuterium to oxygen and breathe it out. Right, @JanSz ?

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@WalterNL

Yes.
    -------------------------------
    Description under mask says:

Everyone knows oxygen binds two hydrogens to make water – H2O.
    What most don’t know is that oxygen binds to deuterium preferentially over hydrogen and removes it from your body via your urine, lymphatics, sweat, breath, etc.
    -----
    Someplace else it says little more.

Important is that oxygen be a single O, then it binds with D preferentially.
    ---
    We are wearing mask so the air we breathe contains a touch more of CO2 then it would otherwise have.
    That increases CO2 level in red blood cells.
    That makes red blood cells break CO2 and release single O.
    Single O have a preference for D.

Those changes are small, so wearing mask for hours is need to make difference that would be significant.

seanb4, Alex97232, Sheddie and 3 others like this.
  19. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

Like during sleep? (I dont like because It like breathing warm air ...feel like I am suffocating a bit)
    Do you think those trainning masks (high altitude) would have a similar effect.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I use this mask daily for over a month.
    No problem.

seanb4 likes this.