1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium in foods

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by kris90, Nov 9, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

2. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

That translates to 95 to 97ppm deuterium in the phytol of plankton (from within a Caldera lake), one of the lowest numbers I've seen so far. Oysters eat phytoplankton, so this might indicate something. Granted this is a lake, but other sources on plankton also show quite low ranges for deuterium which tells us about the food chain of seafood.

The grasses our favorite land based animals eat are the other focus given that quote @drezy pointed out.

Sean Waters, Brent Patrick and seanb4 like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Oysters are often mentioned as a good food.
    Wonder what is their D content?
    -------------
    Grasses
    -------------
    @Jack Kruse
    @WalterNL

Water containing liquids that we drink warrant second look, checking their D content.

My two months long highly successful hack in 2008
    was based in large part on drinking juices.
    On average about 200cc/day of juice from green leafy vegetables that I found in my local supermarket.
    My fasting insulin went from 8 to 2.
    Now I would not be surprised if it was not all about low level of D in those juices and pork fat.
    upload_2017-12-4_8-18-49.png

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

People have asked about deuterium soup from Nathan's FB live feed with me so I will take it out of my bio hacking book early and do a patreon blog on it for members and Patrons because of all the PM's and emails I've gotten this weekend about it. It is linked deeply to the December 2017 webinar.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

This statement by Cinaturehealth, and my initial comments likely need some re-evaluation or discussion.
    This comment should likely need to be said first:
    When they say that a kg of consumed fat converts to 1.1 kg of water,
    that new water is mitochondrial water
    that new water have very low D content
    that D content is at least 130ppm or even much lower.
    That mitochondrial water should be converted to a tap water D content or better to (V-SMOW) (155.76 ppm) if we want to compare it to a usually consumed water.

It would be a good idea to get a better D ppm number for mitochondrial water.

----

6. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Sean Waters, JanSz and seanb4 like this.
  7. Penny

Penny New Member

If San Pellegrino has 155 ppm of D2, why are we drinking it?

8. Penny

Penny New Member

I'm still totally lost on how processed foods, supplements, drugs have increased deuterium?
    Oh, they're synthetic... woops:)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Sean Waters likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2017-12-4_15-20-27.png

Mystic Rose60, Mito1 and drezy like this.
  10. philip malone

philip malone Silver

Hi, do you recall where exactly this info was?

11. Penny

Penny New Member

San Pellegrino water has more lithium in it than any other water... lithium is the most conductive followed by potassium...

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

philip malone likes this.
  13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Funny you should mention that . I look ed at this study today and wondered what it means .No chance to read it yet. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006349509003415#bbib23
    Concentration Gradient Effects of Sodium and Lithium Ions and Deuterium Isotope Effects on the Activities of H+-ATP Synthase from Chloroplasts

Penny likes this.
  14. Mito1

Mito1 New Member

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

We breathe in about 1 to 1.5 liters daily of water from the humidity in the air.
    I drink 1.5-2 Liters of water daily.
    Water intake from breathing and as food are highly similar.

@WalterNL
    It is better to live in low air deuterium content areas. What are they?
    It seems as it may be better to live in low humidity area if that area is high in D.
    If one lives in high air D content, it may be beneficial to reduce humidity (AC and or dehumidifiers).
    What is the air D content in my zip code (07054)?
    ---------------------------------
    Breathing in air with lower deuterium produces the same result as drinking deuterium depleted water!

/////////////////

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  16. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

"Deuteronation, as exemplified by ATP synthase and the ETC, may interfere with the conformations and functions of many macromolecules and contribute to some pathologies like heavy water toxicity and aging."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1808445/

I'm also curious about inhaling authentic essential oils through diffusion, that are naturally deuterium depleted and what kind of a role those have on our mitochondria. Also, the SkQ1 drops that my husband and I continue to take via eye drops, which cross the BBB. I'm very curious if those play a role in depleting deuturim too, along with IR from the sun and red light

17. shiran

shiran Curious

Great FB interview I loved it it was authentic

18. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

19. philip malone

philip malone Silver

So when the temp drops next week here in N.Y., I should be better off as the air dries out......

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Listen to him say (time 2:30):
    Coconut water is very healthy.
    Laszlo G Boros - Biochemical interpretations of 2H/1H ratio contrast

@WalterNL

upload_2017-12-5_11-38-29.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Sean Waters likes this.