1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium in foods

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by kris90, Nov 9, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

@JanSz
    I found this source for de deuterium content in fats/oils:
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889157515001076
    Table 4 The oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon isotope ratios of various edible oils from different locations.
    EVOO -130 to -160 d2 H = 130ppm to 125ppm
    Coconut oil -220 d2 H = 117ppm
    All oils listed range from -130 to -220 d2 H. EVOO has the most deuterium, coconut oil the least.

You may be on to something about coconut water. Though that's not something I would drink in winter right now.

Unrelated but interesting:
    SPORTS, SCIENCE, MITOCHONDRIA AND DEUTERIUM DEPLETION
    https://www.researchgate.net/profil...-H-bonding-posted.pdf?origin=publication_list

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Does CO have a circadian context?

Yep

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you could, post a picture of Table 4.
    I am not able to access it.

5. Penny

Penny New Member

oh thank you for that:) I love coconut water - and it's cheaper than San Pelegrino - and it makes me feel great - I thought it was the potassium - actually, it has 1/2 the DV for potassium - thanks also for that FB post on camels and how they make water with just fat and oxygen - that's probably how that one guy from India gets by with no food or water - he meditates which increases oxygen plus he loses less UV, and uses IR light for his mito... but wouldn't coconut water knock you out of ketosis? Which I tried this morning for probably the first time in my life - there's 40 grams of carbs in one liter of coconut water - and I thought you needed 50 grams of carbs to make serotonin - Gawd this is a convoluted post:) Sorry about that -
    It's 70 degrees here - yay or nay on the coconut water?

Effect of meditation on ultraweak photon emission from hands and forehead.
    Van Wijk EP1, Ackerman J, Van Wijk R.
    Author information
    Abstract

BACKGROUND:
    Various physiologic and biochemical shifts can follow meditation. Meditation has been implicated in impacting free radical activity. Ultraweak photon emission (UPE, biophoton emission) is a constituent of the metabolic processes in a living system. Spectral analysis showed the characteristics of radical reactions.

OBJECTIVES:
    Recording and analysing photon emission in 5 subjects before, during and after meditation.

METHODS:
    UPE in 5 subjects who meditated in sitting or supine positions was recorded in a darkroom utilising a photomultiplier designed for manipulation in three directions.

RESULTS:
    Data indicated that UPE changes after meditation. In 1 subject with high pre-meditation values, UPE decreased during meditation and remained low in the postmeditation phase. In the other subjects, only a slight decrease in photon emission was found, but commonly a decrease was observed in the kurtosis and skewness values of the photon count distribution. A second set of data on photon emission from the hands before and after meditation was collected from 2 subjects. These data were characterised by the Fano factor, F(T), i.e. variance over mean of the number of photoelectrons observed within observation time T. All data were compared to surrogate data sets which were constructed by random shuffling of the data sets. In the pre-meditation period, F(T) increased with observation time, significantly at time windows >6 s. No such effect was found after meditation, when F(T) was in the range of the surrogate data set.

CONCLUSIONS:
    The data support the hypothesis that human photon emission can be influenced by meditation. Data from time series recordings suggest that this non-invasive tool for monitoring radical reactions during meditation is useful to characterise the effect of meditation. Fano factor analysis demonstrated that the time series before meditation do not represent a simple Poisson process. Instead, UPE has characteristics of a fractal process, showing long-range correlations. The effect of meditation waives out this coherence phenomenon, suggesting a weaker and less ordered structure of UPE. In general, meditation seems to influence the complex interactions of oxidative and anti-oxidative reactions which regulate photon emission. The reason for the statistical changes between pre- and post-meditation measurements remains unclear and demands further examination.

Sean Waters and Brent Patrick like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have got a test kit from Cignature health to test my deuterium content.
    2HCHOLESTEROLTM TEST
    https://www.cignaturehealth.com/

Called their phone 800.208.0280

To get test results takes about 3 weeks.
    They will gladly send me their 25ppm water right away, but I decided to see my results first.
    Forgot to ask about size of the shipment, but it is monthly supply, water plus shipping cost about $700/month.
    They ship 25ppm water to reduce shipping cost.
    That water is to be diluted to 105ppm before use.
    After one's D content falls below 130ppm, body takes over in maintaining D content.
    In following years only one month per year use of low D water is need to maintain good D level.

I asked if using D depleted water may cause hypoglycemia and was told no.
    But the water to drink should be 105ppm.

/////////

OptimalSkr and seanb4 like this.
  7. JMO

JMO Gold

Hi Jansz,
    Is the cholesterol test better than the Health Test? The Health test provides a baseline measurement to show you how much deuterium is in your body before any changes. Then you can take another test to see the results. Cost is 1/2.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

1-- I do not know which test is better, but if my next test is the same I should be able to see some progress if any.
    2-- I picked the cholesterol test because Steroid Hormone Panel is always discussed a lot and there is a lots of hydrogen there. But so it is everywhere else
    3--the kit I got will measure D content in my breath condensate and either saliva or urine.

Since I still have a choice between testing saliva or urine,
    which one would you prefer?

The person I just talked with told me that it does not make a difference.

/////////////

philip malone and seanb4 like this.
  9. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I was thinking ( start running lol) if you take spring water put it in a glass jar and set it outside in the sun of course on dirt especially now that its getting cold here in New Jersey, how would that help the water or will the nnEMF mess it all up. Like how we use to brew tea in the sun..

seanb4 likes this.
  10. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I wonder if the fact that most coconut water is pasteurized and comes in a tetrapac makes any impact on its deuterium content?

11. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

part1.PNG part2.PNG part3.PNG

12. philip malone

philip malone Silver

seanb4 likes this.
  13. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

The deuterium content for these oils ranges from 120ppm to 135ppm. It's the second column of numbers, which lists promille change compared to VSMOW (155ppm deuterium).

seanb4 likes this.
  14. philip malone

philip malone Silver

So you subtract, say, 23.1 from 155 =139.1, right? Thanks for the help. So the coco oil would be 134.4. Jack in a post a few hours ago said: "Coconut oil has one of the lowest deuterium concentrations on Earth at 101-105 ppm...." So the oils must vary quite a bit?

15. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

For coconut oil it would be -220 promille or -22 percent compared to VSMOW (155ppm), that's about 120ppm. So indeed the oils probably vary a lot. I will keep digging to see if I can find more data on that.

seanb4 and philip malone like this.
  16. drezy

drezy New Member

I'm I the only one wondering a little about clam juice?
    [​IMG]

bionaut and Brent Patrick like this.
  17. philip malone

philip malone Silver

Tell us how you like it! : )

drezy likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A pre release from one of my books: Re-evaluate all your autoimmune protocols. If your tissue deuterium fractionation goes below 130 ppm your autoimmune issues will vanish. The more deuterium in your body the more you become EMF sensitive. Your paleo guru’s won’t like this news. Most fructans are high in deuterium. Most food guru's do not realize they can cause gluten sensitivity because of the kinetic isotope effects of the TCA intermediates in the immune cells in the body. Celiac sensitivity is not just a gluten problem, it is a damn deuterium problem. All those paleo AI protocols are without merit because none of them are foundational. Some of those paleo guru's are pulling over 3 million a year on utter bullshit. A fructan is a polymer of fructose molecules. Fructans with a short chain length are known as fructooligosaccharides. Fructans occur in foods such as agave, artichokes, asparagus, leeks, garlic, onions, yacón, jícama, and wheat. Interestingly, rice grasses cannot make fructans so make not of why Asian cuisine side steps a lot of issues because of the mix of DHA and rice.
    Fructans also appear in grass (C3), with dietary implications for horses and other grazing animals. So believe it or not grass can cause cows a lot of fructan issues that mimic colic. Vets won’t like this truth bomb too.
    Fructans may be associated with symptoms attributed to gluten-sensitivity by self-reporting non-celiac patients. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016508517363023

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

so GF beef must be a problem for some?

Sean Waters likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017