1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium in foods

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by kris90, Nov 9, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

I garden and have fruit trees. In the past I've found way to preempt and extend seasons. I agree it's an ancient practice. I also think it's the beginnings of mismatch.
    I like the way you look at it. When you really really think about it the initial mismatches showed up so early in human prehistory. Now we layer so much extra crap on top of it all like a house of cards.

2. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

I also agree that originally storing plant foods for winter use could have been a circadian mismatch. But then the question arises when this becomes an adaptation, so over the millenia humans might have become optimally adapted to using plants in the diet in the way they were stored over the seasons as well.

Or they might not have become optimally adapted to it, that would depend on the time span required for our bodies to fully adjust to it.

drezy likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Well, yeah living versus starving is more optimal in my book too.

Pork, shrimp, and oysters are our main staples at my house these days as well as body sun baking.

I think when you get the solar baking in an non-nnemf environment the food doesn't matter as much.

Brent Patrick and Jan Christer like this.
  4. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I think our ancestors were way more robust. They didnt have the power grid, lights and RF, They also spent their lives outside with no sunglasses on. If you can eliminate all our modern trappings then maybe sauer kraut and blueberry preserves isnt a bad idea. But I think imgoing to eat based on what the modern enviroment calls for.

drezy and Jan Christer like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Valerie
    or anybody else
    Do you have or are able to find some data that would be helpful in figuring what happens during light/heavy water fractionation, distillation/separation?

H2O
    D2O
    HDO

/

/////

6. kris90

kris90 New Member

Ultimately, we know diet is just a very small fraction of the equation when it comes to deuterium.

Yes, we should eat seasonally, yes we need more ketosis than perhaps our grandparents and so on because of our environment. But the water we drink matters significantly more than the foods we choose to eat in terms of deuterium. If you can control deuterium fractionation in your tissues very well (by optimizing your environment), I believe you can get away with more in terms of diet.

7. Sun Disciple

Not when 5g rolls into town. Have another listen to the most recent Q/A and podcast appearances.

8. kris90

kris90 New Member

5g is still not going to change the fact that water is more important than food, and that's what my point was.

The average person here consumes about 400-500g of food and 4000-5000g of water. If the food was shit on a stick, but the water was DDW, do you think it would matter much?

9. Sun Disciple

Agreed, infact water becomes even more important than most things in 5g world. My point is food becomes more important in terms of D than it is now. Your not going to be able to get away with what you do now.

Brent Patrick and drezy like this.
  10. kris90

kris90 New Member

Ok yes I can agree with that. Lot's of fasting, and drinking DDW will be key. Eating animal fats and seafood will be mandatory.

Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  11. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

And also don't forget that food is for a significant part water itself. Fruit and vegetables can contain as much as 95% water. For meats I believe it hovers around 60-70%, and fat below 20%.
    Not to mention the water used to make the food. I read some papers where they use DDW to make vegetables, and obviously those vegetables would have a lower deuterium content. The same would be true for animals drinking DDW.

Brent Patrick, drezy and Sun Disciple like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

You Canadian dudes are going to want to do some Canadian Rockies hunting to stock your freezer with some DDSteaks.

Sun Disciple and kris90 like this.
  13. Sun Disciple

Ya thats interesting I wonder If one day vegtables grown in DDW will be specifically sought after and marketed as such.

Sunny Cowgirl likes this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

Instead of Whole Foods, Fractionated Foods will be the place to be seen shopping at.

Alex97232, WalterNL, Sheddie and 2 others like this.
  15. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes exactly, but I moreso meant that the amount of water we get from drinking water is still significantly more than the amount we would get from food, thus stating that the content of D in drinking water is more important than food, because we drink more water than we eat food.

WalterNL and drezy like this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Add 2 liters/day you get by breathing moist air.

drezy and kris90 like this.
  17. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes, good point. There are so many other factors.

Again, I think this goes back to Jack nailing the food gurus, because food really makes up such a small component in the grand scheme of things, and why environment always trumps diet.

18. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Can anyone tell me whether rice is high or low in deuterium please? I would have thought it high but Jack stated - A pre-lease from one of my books: Rice grasses cannot make fructans so make not why Asian cuisine side steps a lot of issues because of the mix of DHA and rice.

Earth Monkey likes this.
  19. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

And bottle some snow/meltwater while you're out there. I would do this if there were any mountains within 9hrs of driving.

drezy likes this.
  20. Just catching up on this thread, sorry for late reply Jan.
    I think that even if there is some adaptation, the food out of natural season for the location sends the body the wrong signals about the environment the humans are living in so is not optimal. As Jack has said, food carries the code of the light it was grown in. I guess what I'm saying is that storing food and eating out of season probably did assist humans survive periods of famine but the mismatches probably had consequences for longevity and health.

Jan Christer likes this.