1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium in foods

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by kris90, Nov 9, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

Someone got me a huge one of those crocks. When I make kraut or kimchi I have to buy 13lbs of cabbage at a time! I'm waiting till spring to start back up with fermenting. I'm waiting till spring to start back up with fermenting.

There you go being unpatriotic with American pigs again. I'm just jealous of your access to sal. I just smoked up 5.5 more lbs of home brined bacon. My boy gets 2 lbs of maple glazed b/c his heteroplasmy is lower... I also snagged a rotisserie that a friend wasn't using and mastered the art of making a a gyro loaf, so I've got 1 of 3lbs left of that.

I does make me think about lamb. Do you think it's at the stage where it's ditched it's deuterium and just begun it's slow acquisition of D? I need more homework, but it's serving as my son's lunch these days (sans wrap of course).

Sheddie and Antonis like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. drezy

drezy New Member

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am not sure about lambs. T-bones or legs.
    But I know that when my son in law put lamb ribs (salt + pepper) on the grill it is so hard to not drink IPA, so I usually succumb.

drezy likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That makes me think.

How much of Preventa-25 or Qlarivia-25 should be chased by a bottle of IPA (Rebel) to make it healthy drink.

///////

6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Lol.. love you guys. I did the sourkraut in a crock pot ( not plugged in) just for size. Sorry if I m asking redundant questions are you saying its okay to have these two veggies now in January (winter), if so is that it for veggies in nj. I do have mushrooms because I remember Dr. K they are year round.

7. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I noticed no effect from using Crystal Energy or mega-Hydrate for about 6 months. Also tried making "DIY Hydrogen water" with magnesium rods in glass soda bottles from a YouTube clip. Fun kitchen 'science' but no detectable health effects for me... Thanks! -- for a good post, and suggestions why no 'magic' came to me!!

8. drezy

drezy New Member

Lol. You ought to start a bar for hipsters Jan. I never opened my mouth but always wondered about alcohol (in a controlled way) as an autophagy/mitophagy catalyst. That seems like a dangerous question to blast out there for people to misconstrue and otherwise go too hog wild.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.cignaturehealth.com/
    Actually this test can help to figure out the D part of equation:
    2HWaters Test
    $75.00

MEASURES DEUTERIUM IN WATERS YOU DRINK.
    [​IMG]
    This straightforward test can be used to evaluate any pure water source from commercial waters sold in stores and online to ground waters from the tap, streams, wells, rivers, lakes and oceans to seasonal waters from rain, snow and glaciers to water someone gives to you from another country or planet. And since you breathe in up to three liters of water a day, you can also collect the water from an air conditioner or dehumidifier to determine the deuterium in the humidity you breathe in at work, the gym, church, home, etc. If it’s wet and you drink or breathe it in then this is the test you want to order.

Penny and Sheddie like this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

Jan you'll be happy to know that you've just convinced me to take one of the tests that you feel strongly about. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

seanb4 likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please post results of whatever you are going to test.

12. drezy

drezy New Member

Will do for posterity.

13. drezy

drezy New Member

I can't have Jan be the only one posting food pics today 5.5 lbs house bacon finished smoking yesterday:
    IMG_4426 copy.jpg

jwhb77 and Sheddie like this.
  14. drezy

drezy New Member

FWIW As you can see in the post above I'm eating lot's of fatty pork. I'd say that calorie percentage my week balances out this way:
    fatty pork 60%
    oysters 20%
    shrimp 15%
    cabbage, onions, & garlic 5%

That's it, but with those ingredients and a nice little cabinet of spices(ok and a meat grinder, slicer, and sausage stuffer, and vacuum sealer too) you can make an incredible range of food that should be impossible to get bored of.

This weeks menu so far:
    Monday - Pork belly w/smear of hoisin and a sprinkle of green onions plus side of oysters on the half shell
    Tuesday - Rotisserie lamb leg
    Tuesday - leftover lamb leg plus side of oysters on the half shell
    Wednesday - Oysters on the half shell
    Tonight - Pork belly again maybe w/ a BBQ rub

WalterNL and Sheddie like this.
  15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Yummmmy pictures. I m not tired of the fat and protein but I guess starting keto my body is adjusting to have just about no carbs, having a little bit of body issues. Thank you for your menus it helped. I will add sourkraut if that is okay. . Looovvve sourkraut. It is sad how I am not sure of vegetable availability in the winter here. Actually when I get a bigger place I would do what you Drezy do to slice and grind..and i guess you too JanSz ..lol sounds like a sex move..lol slice and grind.

16. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hey its not a picture of meat...lol well I guess it depends on who your asking. .lol. but this was after shoveling and then went for a walk in the bizzard we are having with so far 4-5,, total time outside 1 1/2 hours. I couldn't wear a hat because it made me very warm. Had an awesome time. 20180104_124445.jpeg

taiyang, Sheddie and drezy like this.
  17. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Beer would correspond to the deuterium level in the water used. So just use 1/3 DDW for every 2/3 of beer.

Better yet make beer with DDW, I believe there are some patents out there for this.

JanSz likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I take it as yes.
    To make the math simple, it is easier to multiply than deal with fractions (specially after some beers).
    2*3=6 bottles of beer with 2 beer bottles worth of Qlarivia-25

That calls for a lots of lamb ribs or just leg of lamb.

Happy New Year!!

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My wife just died, so can't think of meat.
    But smile looks great.
    I have seen smiles like that when dancing Viennese Waltz or WCS.

I have to check on my snow blower.
    Everything happens for a reason!!!!!

seanb4, Billybats and Sheddie like this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think I will have to take a closer look at those lamb legs.

Not sure if I have rotisserie.
    /