1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium Free Water

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Danco3636, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

@JanSz , That is correct. Their reply was: In regards to it being considered light water, we will have to get back to you on that as it isn't something that has been asked. My question to them was regarding deuterium content of their water. I also inquired if it was considered a light water, just to cover all the bases. By the way, I got a similar response regarding Starkey water. They also said that they don't test for deuterium.

2. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Here is Starkey's reply
    Hello Tanya,

I apologize, but that information is not available. We do test for many other elements of Starkey Water, but we don’t test for deuterium.

Thank you for reaching out to Starkey Spring Water and have a great day!

Amy Knadler

Consumer Product Inquiries

STARKEY SPRING WATER A subsidiary of Whole Foods Market

102 Council Ave., Council, Idaho 83612

3. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Alex97232 and Tanya like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Usually it is not worth it.
    That type of water usually is very expensive and have very little depletion of deuterium.
    From my observations, nothing that I have seen so far beats combination of
    Qlarivia-25
    plus
    aquafina
    or even just any RO water.

If you want just something similar to good natural waters (but much more D depleted)
    mix one part Qlarivia with 5 parts of plain water

If you want real good DDW that is normally used in general treatment
    mix one part Qlarivia with two parts of plain water

assume
    Q=Qlarivia = 25 ppm
    A=aquafina = 140 ppm
    P=plain water =150 ppm--->(tap water or Pellegrino or Poland Spring)

upload_2018-2-7_14-22-42.png

5. Mystic Rose60

Thanks, Jansz! We were having Mountain Valley delivered and stopped that delivery when we went to Mexico for a few weeks. Also, drinking VOSS, which we like and the PENTA now too. I get good deals on both from my local HFS here.

I did just open a reply back from my Email to Penta and will wait to see what they reply further with.

"Hello Lynn,

Thanks for your inquiry and your support of Penta Water. We want to give you a heads-up that your message has been forwarded to our Quality Assurance Team and we are waiting on a response.

We will get back to you with more information ASAP.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or how me may be of further assistance. "

live pure,
    support

penta water
    pentawater.com
    @pentawater

Tanya likes this.
  6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I could be wrong , but I view their reply to you as a possibility that they might have gotten plenty of inquiries about the deuterium in their water, and so they might test it for it.
    Let's hope so.

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  7. Mystic Rose60

I viewed it the same way Tanya. I also gave them Jack's website and let them know that his members were learning about deuterium. I will keep you posted when I hear back from them.

Tanya and drezy like this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Well done Mystic Rose. Thank you.:)

9. SamZ

SamZ Gold

Hi David...curious to here if you have received the results back?

freesia and JanSz like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

My Texas rainwater system = 151.6 ppm <wipes tears away>

Alex97232, seanb4 and Allin like this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I tested this two

156 -----Coconut water tested by JanSz
    149.4 ---- Costco RO water tested by JanSz

------------------------
    Aquafina was tested as 139.5ppm as posted by CignatureHealth
    but that page is no longer available to me to look at

Alex97232 and seanb4 like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

The bottle isn't the prettiest Jan LOL.

JanSz likes this.
  13. SamZ

SamZ Gold

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This Q and A this month will have a guest call in about 50+ water samples sent to LA for testing. The results will be on the call in......

Alison N, JanSz, Alex97232 and 4 others like this.
  15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Does anyone know about a bottle water called Nirvana of how much deuterium. Reason I ask is because my boyfriend picked this up instead of the usual. I told him I want to start getting Aquafina.

https://www.nirvanawater.com

16. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I am thinking it my have low deuterium. It to me tastes way better then the other waters I drink. Also where it comes from and how they process it. I did email them about deuterium level. Below is where and how they process the water.

Ice Aged Aquifers 500 million and 1 billion years young
    Nirvana Spring Water is sourced from our two Aquifer phenomena born from the Ice Age 500 million to 1 billion years ago, and expand for miles underneath our 1,700 acres. Our five springs brim with Nirvana Spring Water and are capable of producing a thirst-quenching, eco-friendly 605,000 gallons a day.

Other bottled water brands often drill and suck their springs dry while scouring other properties and communities for more water to pull from the ground. Some even have to store the water in tanks and ship it elsewhere to be bottled.

Nature-driven and time-proven, we control every step of our signature process, from spring to bottle to shipment, to ensure our natural spring water is pure from your first sip to the last.

43° Crisp
    Nirvana gushes from our springs at a refreshingly crisp 43°. To control our spring water’s high quality and pureconsistency, we maintain its naturally cool 43° temperature throughout the entire bottling process.

Our Natural Springs
    We bottle Nirvana exclusively from five of our natural springs. As they gush pure spring water, there are more than twenty other springs on our land that we have yet to tap.

Not a single drop of Nirvana comes from an outside source and not a single drop is bottled outside of our facilities. We wouldn’t dare disrespect the awesome natural resource that flows freely up to us.

It’s rare to have an American water company with a single source production like ours. Within an hour, our pure spring water can be sourced, bottled, and shipped from our on-site facilities so you can enjoy Nirvana as if you were sipping straight from the spring.

Often, when other bottled water brands deplete their original springs, they head elsewhere, sign land leases, drill deeper, and pull harder in search of more water. The farther they go to find water, the more likely it is that they will need to truck it elsewhere to be bottled. Or, as a last resort, they may take the easiest water source they can find and put it through additional purification processes to ensure it’s drinkable.

To us, that kind of still water doesn’t run deep. We are the refreshing exception. Every day we can tap our springs to produce an eco-friendly 605,000 gallons of the highest quality water.

We keep the flow going with Nirvana Spring Water, wholly and quickly delivering it to you all from a single source so you can taste its replenishing and enlivening qualities in every healthy sip.

17. Billybats

Billybats New Member

The company replied back saying they don't have data showing the deuterium level. Bummer I really wanted to know. Are there kits to test it at home I wonder.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Seriously,
    if you want DDW you have to buy it.
    Getting all other stuff
    #1- even if it have what they say it should have, it is:
    a--not strong enough
    b--cost multiple times too much

Brent Patrick likes this.
  19. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Good point. I think I will start buying aquafina.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Tap water in your sink is likely just as good, may be even better than Aquafina.
    (That is new semi information).
    But I tested Costco RO water and it is worthless (for your purpose), but at least I know what it have
    149.4 ppm (D/H)

Your BUN/Creatinine ratio is the highest I have seen posted.
    way way over top laboratory range
    and you want it to be at the bottom there
    //

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    LieselK likes this.