1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium Free Water

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Danco3636, Dec 8, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

LOL I don't know if you can tell but Jan is all over this DDW stuff he's pretty much this guy when it comes to testing DDW:
    [​IMG]

Stardust, Foxglove and karenr like this.
  2. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Has anyone else noticed that you can't get to the Studies section on the Cignature Health site? I've been trying since yesterday. Some of the links posted earlier in the thread, about D content of food and waters, no longer work.

3. drezy

drezy New Member

The "Studies" tab from the main page seems to work for me. They may have reorganized their site a bit... It's the way of the web.

I'm vowing to take it easy on their webmaster from here on out.

4. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Ok. It works on desktop, but not on mobile. This link was posted a few times and doesn't work at all. I was trying to see their sample reports. http://www.cignaturehealth.com/wp-c...000x_YYYY_MMDD_Samples_Row01_Row04_NameMF.pdf

5. drezy

drezy New Member

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Thanks for that info ..... I've been trying to work out why ......:confused: So far I'm on aquaporins and (from tensegrity 6) " H20 can “un-fold” or ‘charge separate’ into H+ and -OH with the addition of infrared heat from the sun or when it lies adjacent to hydrophilic substances." (Does heat from the mouth do any charge separating ....? Light H+ first? ) I'm trying to improve the hydration to my right eye so that and this pic of the aquaporins which shows the eye caught my attention ... (source https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304416513004352#f0005). Something resonantly between aquaporins....?
    [​IMG]
    Fig. 1. Aquaporin expression in humans. The figure shows the wide distribution of AQP water channels throughout the human body. Organs are highlighted, starting at top right; within each organ, the major AQPs involved in transcellular water flow are denoted; a) Retina — AQP4, b) Olfactory epithelium — AQP4, c) The inner ear — AQP4 and AQP1, d) Brain — AQP4 in astrocytes and AQP1 in choroid plexus, e) Spinal cord — AQP1, AQP4 and AQP8; Nucleus pulposus cells of the intervertebral disc — AQP1 and AQP3; Osteoclasts — AQP9, f) Blood vessels — AQP1 in endothelial cells, g) Heart — AQP4, h) Kidney (showing the nephron in detail) — AQP1, AQP2, AQP3, AQP4 and AQP7, i) Salivary glands — AQP5, j) Gastrointestinal tract — AQP3, AQP4, AQP5 and AQP9, k) Liver — AQP1, AQP8 and AQP9, l) Pancreas — AQP1 and AQP8, m) Lungs — AQP3, AQP4, AQP5, n) Fat (adipocytes) — AQP7; Skin — AQP1, AQP3, AQP5 and AQP10, o) Female reproductive tract — AQP7, AQP8 and AQP9 in ovaries, and p) Male reproductive system — AQP3 and AQP7 in sperm cells.

I wish I understood the science better :tears: but I thought it worth a mini hack .....

I'm only using well water with a first freeze, but I'm hacking taking a big mouthful of very cold water as I'm getting into bed, and holding it in my mouth until it warms and then swallowing it. I did that for a couple of nights without using my migraine cap from the freezer to see what it was like, and def woke up less thirsty. IIRC yawning is an attempt to cool the CSF so I thought that even if I'm way of track that doing this might be useful to do the same thing, (as well as any water absorption through the mucous membranes?) The warmer water hitting the stomach doesn't seem to prompt the urge for another (however small an amount) pee before getting into bed. Last night I also used the migraine cap (I put it on when I'm getting into bed, and then take it off when I'm getting drowsy or when it warms up if I'm not dropping off to sleep). I've already got the room blacked out, keep a window open to let cold air in, and have elevated the top of the bed. So far the holding the water in the mouth trick has definitely improved my overnight hydration, and this morning my eye felt normal moisture wise ..... :)

WillTheHammer likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Tanya said:
    From what I understand from reading Russian articles - you supposed to drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach - very slowly, keeping it in your mouth before you swallow it. Then you do the same before you go to bed.
    -------------------------
    This is quickly evolving area.

My instructions say to use DDW as replacement to all water, for cooking and drinking otherwise to live normal life.
    --------

WillTheHammer likes this.
  9. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

I was trying to access the link for the PDF of the things they tested for deuterium

10. karenr

karenr Silver

That’s what I was told as well. As you say, it’s a rapidly evolving area, but I thought these points were interesting, from the book Defeating Cancer, The Biological Effect of Deuterium Depletion, by Gábor Somlyai. Published in 2002.

Dosage: 1.5-2 dL portions [approx 5-7 oz] of diluted DDW [to whatever concentration you are using].
    Begin day with glass of DDW and drink the rest at equal intervals throughout the day, last portion just before bed.

Drink DDW 10-15 minutes before meals.
    During or right after meals, drink 0.5-1 dL [approx 2-3 oz] of undiluted DDW 25 ppm, to counterbalance the temporary increase in D concentration from foods.

DDW is less effective with vegetarian diets.

Before suspending or finishing DDW protocol, dose should be decreased gradually. Sudden cessation of DDW results in quick increase in D concentration in the body.​

Theka, Jude and Foxglove like this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You said that you cant read stuff under STUDIES.
    Use the names that are under the tab Studies.
    Which one you cannot get to?

[​IMG]

12. karenr

karenr Silver

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Makes sense but makes life more difficult.
    That book was written in 2002.
    Wonder how much of that still apply.

---

karenr likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DEUTERIUM IN FOOD
    WHICH FOODS HAVE HIGH AND LOW AMOUNTS OF DEUTERIUM.

Deuterium gets into your body via the things you eat and drink and also via the humidity in the air you breath. You can’t do much about what you breathe. But here are some facts about the food you eat that can help you consume less deuterium.

• Green plants deplete deuterium – vegetables are deuterium depleted.
    • Plants get rid of their deuterium by putting it in their sugar storage – fruits, potatoes, grains, etc. are high in deuterium.
    • Nuts are full of fat and protein and not sugar – nuts are deuterium depleted.
    • Grass-fed animals are deuterium depleted – grain-fed animals are not.
    • Old food is higher in deuterium than young food because it, like us, lose their ability to deplete deuterium with age – young food is healthier to eat.
    • The water you drink – rivers, lakes, streams – is high in deuterium – people drink water according to what they eat.
    • Fat from plants and grass fed animals is the most deuterium depleted food source. The cell’s of people who eat fat make deuterium depleted water and actually drink much less water than people who don’t eat fat.
    • The body makes 1.1 kg of deuterium depleted water for every kg of fat consumed – ancient man likely derived most of his water from fat as many animals still don’t – camels don’t need to drink because they make water from the fat on their backs.

15. karenr

karenr Silver

Agree.. I just might keep those points in mind, though. Since my diet is poor, I figure I could have a little undiluted DDW with meals.

Foxglove likes this.
  16. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

No, it's the PDF link that was posted in the forum a couple times, maybe in the food thread. It showed D results for foods like coconut oil. The whole thing could have been posted as screen shots but I couldn't tell if the whole PDF was posted. I was wondering if they only shared dietary fats and oils, or had water results as well.

http://www.cignaturehealth.com/wp-c...000x_YYYY_MMDD_Samples_Row01_Row04_NameMF.pdf

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Note the highlighted Red above...............it is very right. DDW is only important in a Warburg dynamic shift. The Q & A 's folks have contained all this info..........come on!

Had the chance to eat this guy's food about 8 times in my life. It was pretty epic. He understood how the French paradox worked: cook with yolks and butter and deuterium deplete the entire meal for the win. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/20/obituaries/paul-bocuse-dead.html

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

bread crumb allert

cook with yolks and butter and deuterium deplete

Egg= yolk +white
    yolk - saturated fat
    egg white - contains no saturated fat (but likely lots of deuterium)

----

Russ28, Christina Gagnon and Inger like this.
  19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I found this paper on ingesting D2O after an overnight fast and its distribution through the body water pool in "healthy young males." I'm thinking about it in terms of "unhealthy" "older/higher heteroplasmy" "poor deuterium clearance" and "abnormal circadian rhythm" ... but maybe it can give an idea of how DDW on an empty stomach might distribute. Could it be relevant to the Warburg shift, as opposed to health benefits associated with a general reduction in deuterium? :confused:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3351614/ Pharmacokinetic analysis of absorption, distribution and disappearance of ingested water labeled with D2O in humans.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Go read the answer I just gave on sideroblastic anemia in asked Jack.

Tanya and Sue-UK like this.