1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium Free Water

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Danco3636, Dec 8, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

At first I thought that it was clear cut situation, now I am not clear on that topic.
    Can't help you.

But (I think, hope) that the idea is still based on how to make a max or optimal amounts of matrix water.
    The difference is in how to achieve that goal.

As it stands now.
    One may want to hack both ways.
    Then report which way it works (for them).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Dean6789 likes this.
  2. Danica

Danica Gold

How would one test for deuterium in water? Is there a test that one could do at home?

Dean6789 and Hilde like this.
  3. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi jack,

Could you or another member translate this for a non-science geek like me?
    Thanks!

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Why would you like to test your home water?
    At this point I see no need for that.
    At the beginning of discussions on deuterium this might have been curiosty.
    Now just assume that it is 150ppm
    and if you live in AU that it is 155 - 160 ppm.
    Few points up or down does not make big difference.
    To make a real difference you need to go below that a lot.
    @Jack Kruse drinks a lot of good waters but they are around 150ppm.
    And he is ok or rather supports drinking a lots of water, 5 -6 liters a day that was quoted was ok with him.

------------------------------------
    In previous (simpler days) it was about minimizing total deuterium intake.
    ------------------------------------
    I was able to receive some input on this topic from @Jack Kruse and Laszlo Boros.
    I copied that in some posts
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-103

pages 103 and 104
    As you see, strong diferences.

also on page #2 here:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/granpa-johns-optimal-journal.23952/page-2#post-275442

Highly interesting.
    I feel lucky being able to take small part in this discussions.
    Hopefully with time I will understand it better.

//////////////////////////////////
    So, I think this is the reason for drinking lots of water (with "normal" deuterium content).
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-103

upload_2019-8-26_8-56-13.png

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

I know what you mean - I looked after my brothers dog for two weeks and he peed all over our harwood floors. I walked him constantly but he always had pee to spare - and he was a tiny poodle whose bladder must be very small - it's a miracle of nature.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I used to be able to collect a lot of urine in my bladder. It allowed me to do the work I did.
    Enough to last me 5-6 hours when dressed up and doing my work in Nuclear Reactor Containment, (during which not able to relieve myself).
    No more. But at least, after a few tough years, my bladder stabilized after Green Laser surgery for a large prostate.
    Now, sometimes, I pee and know that I emptied my bladder completely, but also feel that it is getting re-fill.
    So I wait, 20-30 seconds, and pee again.

Christina Gagnon likes this.
  9. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Cats evolved in a desert environment with a very low thirst drive, to get all their moisture from their food. Which as obligate carnivores is largely meat and heart and fat (and bone and a few other things). There is a lot more water in that than you might expect.

JanSz likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When I put a piece of raw bacon in a zip-lock bag and then cook it Sous-vide, I can see that water.
    I assume that this water is low of deuterium.
    One day will have to measure it, but it looks like it is around 10%.