1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium Free Water

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Danco3636, Dec 8, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

Unless you are a very good aim I cannot recommend the Erlenmeyer Flask.

[​IMG]

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

drezy likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

But seriously (or not)
    we have to dissect this PDF.
    Possibly rather that "wasting" on water that 3 cups we are allowed to drink,
    we may use it on etanol
    if not ethanol then on malbec. (or Purple Angel $ permitting)

Lets get closer look at what actually (maybe) happening in camels hump.

..Metabolic Water and the Camels Hump.pdf

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. drezy

drezy New Member

Hmmmmm... Straight from the paper:

"Ethanol has a high energy content and the balance between metabolic water gained and respiration water lost would bc almost zero so theoretically it is indeed a valuable substrate for a desert animal.
    "

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is what I am trying to say.
    When Jack talks about Malbec or Purple Angel,
    some may think that he is talking about vine.
    Others may think that he is talking about deuterium.

WalterNL and drezy like this.
  6. Inger

Inger Silver

LOL guys.. you are too funny :D

Started measuring today! :) :)

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Yes for me it is heavy on the biochemistry, but weightless on biophysics. :) It makes sense for a polar bear to rely on metabolic water because of the cold and lack of sunlight, because it needs to maintain body temperature. I would suspect that it gets a source of deuterium from seal cell membranes etc and blood. A musing :rolleyes: too is that maybe by catching and tucking into a seal immediately, it is also getting a source of UVC from light being emitted from the seals dying cells. Their skin and fur recycles their own light.

It makes sense for a camel with its water conserving adaptations to temporarily use its hump to provide metabolic water as it travels between watering holes where it drinks lots of higher deuterium water which is controlled by strong sunlight. Perhaps the human equivalent is dry fasting overnight, in line with circadian rhythm, rather than the camel's adaptation to between watering holes. With our lesser adaptations, less strain on the heart when done overnight in the resting phase? The longer the night (winter) the more metabolic water?

As you say whatever Boros said does not diminish the sun's power one bit. Humans eating/drinking high fat contrary to a strong light cycle and/or ignoring thirst signals might force the mitochondria to work harder to produce metabolic water to compensate, but its not only what that does to someone who is say leptin resistant, living in a high nnemf environment etc. Cardiomyocytes have around 6000 mitochondria, they have a different system of quality control than other mitochondria. By forcing the heart to work harder in a strong light cycle by ignoring thirst mechanisms, could I risk heart problems, or using up my stem cells prematurely? :confused:

Sun Disciple, drezy and JanSz like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

Okay, so I have the measurements!
    Which are really weird...lol

I peed 1,9 liters
    I drank 1,6 liters.

How can that be possible? And I really measured everything very correctly, so I had no errors.
    Also my food did not have any water in it, I just had meat and butter and heart and beef fat.
    I did not sweat anything though, I just went for a walk for an hour in the forest.. I did ate some wild edibles there like chickweed and it was all wet from rain ;)

Christina Gagnon likes this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

I had my first water at about 8 AM, and then my last at 6 PM, I just took a few mouthful of water before going to bed at 9 PM.
    All my water was spring water mixed with Qlarivia, 1 part Qlarivia, 4 parts spring water.
    I did make one cup of ginger tea from it too. Otherwise only plain water.

I peed about 0,5 liters in the morning yesterday, so I measured today too and it was about the same amount, at 8 AM. I do not pee in the night.

I do have my period, so I have the feeling I always pee a bit more then. I will measure again at the weekend I guess. I want to measure what happens if I drink way more water, or way less water..... so going to try out that too.

0,3 liter is the amount that I pee more than I drink. Hmmm... what about the water I lose by breathing? Where does that come from...? This is so weird....lol

10. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

Hi Inger, if your food is raw it is higher in water. And it is very fatty, which allows you to make your own water. I will get around to tracking my own output when I have the time. Thanks for sharing.

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Benjamin, that would be very cool if you would do it!

I did eat almost all raw yesterday but my lamb-mince-burgers are slightly dried overnight at 30-35 degree C. Raw butter on the top.
    And I had dried heart jerky with raw butter for dinner. It is addictive! Like candy, huh
    And then some raw beef fat, and a small medium/rare steak of grassfed beef. That was it.

But I guess it must be true that our body makes it own water because there is quite a bit of water missing in the equation!
    So now the question in my mind is, does my body make more when I drink less.. and eat less fat (so it has to burn my body fat instead ?
    In my body... I guess this is a Nr 1 too.. depending on so many things... But one could easily figure out this for oneself through measuring input and output in different variations ;) :)

I want to make an all seafood day to see what happens then..... I need to go and pick oysters, I have no more!

Would love to see others results too, anybody else have measured?

12. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

I will let you know. FWIW, I drink much less water whilst raw, and other folks I have corresponded with share this experience. Asra who I met on FB PKD group and has a youtube channel similar to your old video content also drinks much less water w this WOE, and she lives in the humid Philippines. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiQmTQaquK3U1uWkHWdiepA not sure which of her videos she covers this in.

TBH, I think the deuterium content of drinking water becomes a non-issue if you don't drink a lot.

There is another fellow I met in FB who eats raw and is experimenting with not drinking any water as he has no thirst. https://twitter.com/CarnivoreAntMan/status/1041889153602990081

13. Inger

Inger Silver

Interesting! Seems there are some others out there who feel the benefit of raw carnivore!

I too have realized when I eat cooked I am way more thirsty..... weird, because not that much water evaporate through the cooking method. Must be something else going on, but what?

14. John Hardgrave

John Hardgrave New Member

Laszlo Boros says (in one of his interviews) that coconut water has 155ppm deuterium which is not good. He further states that if you watch monkeys that they don't drink the coconut water but eat the coconut flesh which is low in deuterium.

Cheryl. likes this.
  15. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Yeah the coconut flesh (or specifically the coconut oil) is oddly deuterium depleted for an equatorial food. Coconut water has the same deuterium as ocean water it appears.

16. KyleMN

KyleMN New Member

What about snow? There is no shortage of it in Minnesota.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2018-12-1_13-10-3.png

18. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am 79yo working on 80. 5'8" 145#
    drink 1.5L/day to 2L/day on hot days.
    Now I drink only DDW-25 ppm
    But started with DDW-105ppm
    Today, Tuesday 7/9/2019 is my 576 th day of drinking DDW.

Would like to follow dr Boros who is drinking 0.2 - 0.25Liter/day
    but lacking mostly on will power to fight bad habit.

When discussing DDW there is a huge misconception.
    Most if not all attention is directed at high cost of DDW.
    That may be justified when directed at the few (very very sick people) who's mitochondria is not able to produce matrix water.
    General population is just conditioned to drink too much.
    Water industry does their best to induce people to overdrink.

According to dr Boros
    any water over 135ppm is not fit for consumption.
    That would mean that not only Australian water
    and not only ALL fancy waters
    but
    all available waters are not fit for consumption.
    And everybody should drink some DDW.

Usually (other than AU) waters are about 150ppm.
    Couple ppm's up or down makes good subject for salesmen to take your $$.
    To get 135ppm from 150ppm
    just take one bottle (0.5L) of DDW-25
    add
    3.66667 Liter of tap water
    And you have little over 4 Liters of 135ppm, good for two days.
    To make thinks simpler
    Every day drink half a bottle of straight DDW-25

upload_2019-7-9_9-35-32.png

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Christina Gagnon likes this.
  20. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

Thank you so much for your detailed response. Currently I drink about 3-4 12oz glasses of water a da (tap water filtered though a gravity filter). The only deterium depleted water I have had so far is the kind I make by freezing and setting out in the sun but only occasionally because it takes time. I know I need to improve in this area, thanks again for all your info.