1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium Free Water

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Danco3636, Dec 8, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    I repeat though that we see Dr Kruse drinking in spite of hearing what Dr Boros says on the subject.
    --------------------------
    Magic Lahelada;
    What you see is bottle being raised to the mouth.
    Look closer next time.

upload_2018-11-23_11-40-44.png

Attached Files:

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I think I will abstain from that speculation. I ask you another question though. How many readers here would be able to manage and assess such a protocol as portrayed by Dr Boros? How harmful if misunderstood? Magic bullet thinking is alive and well in a lot of people,for some the more extreme the more effective. My quetion remains. We make x litres of water according to DR Boros. According to DR K and Dr Wallace we are impaired in this becasue of stretched out respiratory proteins. Our bodies instigate compensatory mechanisms in response. Do we still not need any water?

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I only glanced ar the dry fasting link due to time restrictions. I found this though.Water gained 1.1 kilos water lost in respiration 1.8 kilos. Add to that the instant temperature regulation need in NNEMF areas and or obesity where heat cannot be dissipated back to the environment.

Attached Files:

JanSz likes this.
  5. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Rainwater is relatively deuterium depleted compared to the water that evaporated to make the clouds and eventually rain.
    Heavier water (deuterium) falls earlier or is not as likely to evaporate as light water (hydrogen). So the deeper rain falls into land, away from the ocean, the more depleted it will be because the heavier isotope will have fallen as rain before the light water did.

But the difference is not that much, nowhere close to Qlarivia or comparable waters.

Cheryl. likes this.
  6. Christina Johansson

Christina Johansson New Member

Im not sure I understand your answer...did you mean that there is more deuterium in the rainwater, the more away from the ocean you are?

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I don't think this is a mitochondriac perspective…:)

Jack posted this on another thread "Maybe that is because it is the light environment that dictates what is wise to eat and not what is available by modern standards. This is what programs the mitochondrial nanomachines called cytochromes."

If seasonal food availability or environmental pressure triggers the thirst mechanism, it is doing it for a reason, or why do animals have it? Wild animals can't manipulate their food choices to suit a hypothesis ….

Lahelada likes this.
  8. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

No there's less deuterium in rainwater the farther it gets from the ocean. (Also true the farther you get from the equator).

Here's a more clear answer from a study of Greenland, the values in the clouds & rain/snow indicate how depleted the water is. So you see that inland snow in higher latitudes can be -350 promille depleted compared to VSMOW (155ppm). Which comes to about 100ppm deuterium.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.iceandclimate.nbi.ku.dk/...ature_moisture/fractionation_and_temperature/

Cheryl. and Christina Johansson like this.
  9. shah78

shah78 Gold

yes.... a rt plane ticket to yucatan is half a case of ddw. let that sink in. that being said. "MULE" me in a few bottles.!!! :) Always upfor an experiment.

drezy likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Wild animals can't manipulate their food choices to suit a hypothesis ….

Yes they do.
    Depends on a time scale.
    Then they become camels, snakes or scorpions.

And when discussion started on that 4hr video with dr Boros
    IIRC,
    @Jack Kruse have not criticized what dr Boros did (as useless),
    but he said that he should move to sunnier places.

11. shah78

shah78 Gold

Over the yucatan summer solstice I cut my food consupmtion by 33 %.. No hunager at all. actually a mild nausea whenever I ate more!.....water consumption droped from 5 quarts a day to 2 1/2 quarts!!!!!!Never thirsty , ever. DR. bat shit crazy for the win.!!! now in winter, food rose by 20 %,,,,, but........ thirst has remained at summer levels. This stuff is cool as shit, man! :) I"m a ddw making machine??? NO?

Inger, Sun Disciple and drezy like this.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

The environment shapes adaptations over time, but a polar bear in the Arctic isn't picking bananas at any time of year. Equatorial animals aren't deciding to eat the percentage fat found in seal blubber to avoid drinking water. ;)

drezy likes this.
  13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ur-podcast-with-laszlo-boros-last-week.22255/

14. drezy

drezy New Member

I don't know Sue. Absence of evidence of a Jan-like bear is not evidence of absence of a Jan-like bear.

JanSz likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2018-11-24_9-53-40.png

Remember that that video was not about detailed scientific conference.
    But dr Boros heavily underlined his statement saying words, and I quote:
    Emphasizing as a bio-chemist,
    as professor of UCLA

I thought it was kind of heavy.

Specially that he was the one who figured out the deuterium stuff on Somlyai's request.
    Everybody else are just quoting him.

Whatewer Boros said does not diminish sun's power a one bit.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

17. drezy

drezy New Member

bear.jpg

Look! It's a Kane bear!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    JanSz likes this.
  18. Inger

Inger Silver

^^^ LOL

I drink less water now, to just test what I feel about it. Maybe 1-2 liters/ day instead of 3-4.
    Well, it is winter now and I am not working a ton and sweating like in summer, so it comes very naturally. I do realize I pee way less!
    And especially I try not to drink much after dark. Just a cup or two.

I do eat a ton of fat. Lots of fatty lamb mince and additionally butter, preferably raw and grassfed. I just got me some grassfed beef fat too, yum! It is so good to eat just sliced and raw, like candy!

I might try out to drink even less when we go further into winter... I want to try out eating less, drinking less.... Gradually, better if it comes naturally. Trying to be aware what I really need.
    I know I am a person that easily overindulge in eating and drinking, I do more than I would really need and feel like. Just a habit it is. I am working on being more aware of my body, my hunger, my thirst.

shah78 likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It may be interesting to measure volumes of pee and water one drinks.

But there is this large volume of water that we exchange breathing.

20. Inger

Inger Silver

well, let us measure! I could do it :) Should we start tomorrow?
    I will at least take a try :) (no peeing in the shower! o_O )

feels a little odd...lol But what all is one not willing to do in the name of science... :D
    and this will not cost a cent either :)

shah78 and drezy like this.