1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium Free Water

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Danco3636, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Any one know if Pelegríno water is naturally lower in deuterium? Or any other water lower in deuterium than others or even a water fitltering system?

Also heard on a pod cast Jack mentioning that not eating green veggies and more meat as greens contains more deuterium and meat less.
    Then on another podcast heard Ben Greenfield mention more greens, a plant rich keto diet for depleting deuterium. Thoughts?

labellavita and seanb4 like this.
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I think edible green leaves probably have less deuterium when young, and I've wondered about the chloroplast's ability to keep it out, or maybe the plant keeps it more in the structure of the stalks and less in the leaves, perhaps accumulating over time (plant aging?)....? Or it may be dependent on the water source it grows in? Chlorophyll itself seems to be a bit special for making ATP in mammals ...... http://jcs.biologists.org/content/127/2/388.long Light-harvesting chlorophyll pigments enable mammalian mitochondria to capture photonic energy and produce ATP.

Still trying to work it out ...:confused:

Alex97232, seanb4 and Danco3636 like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Pelegríno have "normal" amounts of deuterum like any other water including good spring waters like Poland Spring (in my case).

Aquafina (made by Pepsi) have been tested and have 139.5ppm
    because
    it is RO water and @Jack Kruse recommends drinking RO waters
    I assumed that all RO waters have about 140ppm.

That assumption may not be very strong,
    because latter I got from Cignature Health that:
    ground water is between 145 to 151 ppm including RO.

If you want to drink some particular water, that can be tested.

--------------
    Coconut water is on my short hopefull's list.
    Jack and Laszlo Boros say that it is good (but no numbers).
    I currently dropped Poland Spring, and drink RO water from Costco and coconut water.

seanb4, Danco3636 and karenr like this.
  4. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

No way to filter the deuterium out of water, you need some type of vacuum distillation columns to reduce deuterium content in regular water to where we want it.

seanb4 likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nature does with with snow melt and rain.

labellavita and seanb4 like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

New blog went live and members will want to listen to this one. Reality #20 blog that just went live. In here you find out what builds optimal and ultimate health. https://www.patreon.com/posts/15778636 For members this is free. For non members cowboy up. It is a zinger.

7. Penny

Penny New Member

Do you know if there is any point to drinking alkaline water? The filter had IR, tourmaline, all kinds of structured water stuff - I think it's made by Hydrotech, but not sure - also, a hack one might try is to have a high fat dinner, then pop a rhodiola (an antihypoxic which makes it an oxygen therapy IMHO) or soak your feet in hydrogen peroxide - i.e. make like a camel:) I've been meaning to hack these - I think I'll do the rhodiola tonight since at the moment the air sucks in general due to these hideous fires...

8. Hmmm

Jack I cannot access Patreon blog Reality 20? locked :(

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    philip malone likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am having a really hard time getting access to Patreon ........

Brent Patrick likes this.
  10. philip malone

philip malone Silver

It should be accessible through the Klub dashboard but it's not there......

Brent Patrick likes this.
  11. Inger

Inger Silver

Yeah, me too! I keep reading Jack has posted new Patreon blog but I have gotten no email and the blogs are locked.... My last accessible one is the DD soup. Weird! I cant wait to read the new ones :)

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I cannot see it either but I did have a good laugh this morning so I think I can wait ... Have a look at this all....:rofl::whistle: Maybe we can wait a bit more in the light of this ?:D;):rolleyes: 2 years ago,folks . And yes, I include myself in the face palm :oops::rolleyes:
    "1 mar. 2015 - Did you know that heteroplasmy rates are lowered when we deuterium deplete our tissues? Did you know that deuterium is an isotope of hydrogen??? Do you know that the molecular formula for adenosine is: C10H13N5O4 Guess what happens if those 13 hydrogens are moredeuterium and less H+? " UBI 4

Theka, Penny, Alex97232 and 8 others like this.
  13. shiran

shiran Curious

Always read between the lines

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

Reality #20 Klub dashboard sighting just now! The truth is out there folks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Regarding the questions about Red light: Joov vs UFO: This video explains why man made light can never replace the sun. Big focus tonight in the Q & A.

16. Allin

Allin New Member

Locked out...:(

17. Julian

Julian New Member

Soooo red light therapy is bs?

8Phoenix likes this.
  18. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Watch the video Jack kruse posted. Red light have benefits. But noting can replace the sun.

drezy and Lahelada like this.
  19. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

No, it has a use. But optimal means having the sun, there's no way around it.

drezy likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

Some of you guys are younger than me so here is a dating analogy.

Imagine a very attractive potential mate causes some minor inadvertent insult to you then feels a bit bad. It's ok because it opens up the possibility of some chat and a date that's maybe even above your station a bit. All indications look really good on the date. Large extravagant dishes like caviar start to get ordered. Later after dropping $500 on drinks and dinner you're standing at the door of your date and you get a quick kiss on the cheek right before the door closes on you. Not horrible, per se, but not what you expected or *needed* at the moment...How many more $500 dinners should that date expect from you before you give up on that relationship?

In the above fable:
    the "you" = your mitochondria
    the minor inadvertent insult = your environment and what likely brought you to this site in the first place
    the date (person eating away your money) = you and your choices now that you know what you know
    the date event = every decade above ~30 years old
    expensiveness of the dinner = the mitochondrial cost of maintaining a less than optimal environment
    quick kiss on the cheek = any artificial therapeutic light without much other significant environmental change

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017