1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Deuterium Content of Human Blood

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by kris90, Jul 20, 2018.

1. kris90

kris90 New Member

Not sure if this had been posted yet, but pretty interesting given our new perspective from Vermont 2018.

upload_2018-7-20_14-58-17.png

2. kris90

kris90 New Member

"The deuterium content of blood plasma of cancerous human is diminished by about 5-7 ppm compared with the healthy one."

^ small, subtle details/changes lead to massive effects?

Cindy Domitrovits and Sue-UK like this.
  3. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

This deuterium story has a lot more to offer than I thought. We mostly focused on deuterium in the mitochondrial matrix, but obviously it plays a role in other parts of the body too.

Cindy Domitrovits, kris90 and Sue-UK like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is called a non linear effect for a reason.

Cindy Domitrovits, kris90 and Sue-UK like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

How can I test my blood plasma for deuterium content?

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Oops...posted a comment on deuterium in the wrong thread just now, at: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/after-9-months.20448/page-38#post-264287. My comment there (shoulda been here) is:

Connecting some interesting dots: I heard Jack on a podcast some time ago mention that deuterium in blood plasma is a UV light emitter. I finally put it together that this is why my lab's UV spectrometer used a deuterium lamp. The health dots to connect entail understanding the value of deuterium in blood plasma. If I get this correctly, lowering mitochondrial deuterium is critical. However, lowering deuterium in blood plasma, in the absence of cancer or other clinical challenge, is not necessarily a good thing. Hmm?

8. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes, I think the way we are built is that we need to constantly put deuterium in our blood. I believe mitochondria use red light to control this. In Vermont 2018, Jack showed us a study that water acts like a molecular mirror with NIR: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26481987

I guess the 42% of red light from the sun is how we move deuterium and protons out of the mitochondria and into the blood, while the UVA light on our surface creates a force pressing down on the skin which pressurizes the deuterium in the arterioles to create a nuclear reaction releasing UVC, UVB and UVA light in the blood plasma. If you go back and re-read all Jack's blogs, he always talks about UVA and IRA light as the combination in AM sun for regeneration.

I'm guessing when we do CT, we activate the uncoupling proteins to allow the mitochondria to release heat to get the same effect of the IRA light when the sun is weaker in winter.

That being said, if the blood plasma has a low deuterium fractionation, I guess one can conclude that there is a defect in the environment (i.e. lack of UVA and IRA light) that is causing the deuterium to stay in the mitochondrial matrix and thus destroying the ATPase.

9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

In the book Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker, he talks about the Hazda facing periods of lower level starvation, which triggers biological pathways that reduce sleep time, (but not sleep need). They've got the sun, but possibly not enough deuterium in their blood plasma for the sun to control to do useful things like prevent infections taking hold….? A common cause of death in adults in hunter gatherer tribes is infection. Reduced sleep also leading to weakened immune systems?

https://www.facebook.com/drjackkrus...d-not-give-them-an-outdoor-/2128738263857183/
    "When do we see sunrises with our shoes off daily guess what improves? Sleep improves because the clearance of deuterium in the 4 sleep cycles and REM improves"

"Understanding how the transition of IR to UV is critical to understanding how cells control the movements of different forms of hydrogen in us. What does the sleep cycle get rid of for us? Deuterium. It gets rid of it via apoptosis when it is in the matrix where it should not be."

I was looking up deuterium and REM sleep and from this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25092571. "Finally, in naïve mice, deuterium-depleted water treatment increased EEG indices of wakefulness, and decreased duration of REM sleep" jumped out at me.

Apart from increased risk of infection, my concern is that taking deuterium depleting of the blood plasma too low may lead to increasing cancer risk by interfering with sleep, or the apoptosis/autophagy cycle.

Cindy Domitrovits, kris90 and JanSz like this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Have anyone found discussions on deuterium content in blood plasma within ddcenters.com or Boros/Somlyai work?

11. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Dr. Kruse explains in this podcast how the system is optimally designed to have between 145-155 ppm Deu. In the blood. Not more not less.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=I537lQoiu5c

Not surprised the cancer patients are under 145. It looks like a little goes a long way when your comparing deuterium in humans.

12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ose_tolerance_serum_HDL-_and_Na-concentration

They used only slightly depleted water (104ppm)
    rather short time (90 days)
    the blood serum got significantly depleted of deuterium (from 147.5±0.8 ppm to 133.9±4.1 ppm)
    they concluded that drinking DDW have significant impact.

The fact, that DDW consumption simultaneously effects HDL-, insulin-, and glucose concentration, confirmed the strong correlation between these physiological parameters that describe the metabolic syndrome and it also suggests, that D-concentration in the body might have an impact on the changes of these parameters.

From what I see they are happy of what they found.

I am drinking DDW for 450 days as of today.
    Most of it highly depleted of D, (66.7pm D/H)
    Feeling good.

===============================================================================
    upload_2019-3-5_10-4-59.png

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

15. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

But if someone doesn't have metabolic syndrome, or cancer, why should they risk low blood plasma levels of deuterium in the blood? If the lowering of blood plasma levels encouraged the body to push deuterium out of the matrix where it shouldn't be to "top up" the blood where it should be it might be useful, but from the reduced serum levels it doesn't seem to do that ..? In the Somylai book it talks about stopping DDW in advance of surgery because some people's wounds didn't heal at the normal rate. So for someone going lower and lower with DDW ppm, an injury or an infection may be more problematic. The Somylai book, although interesting, didn't point to DDW as a cancer cure for everyone. If it buys time, or improves quality of life its one thing, but if there's nothing to suggest cancer, then going lower and lower with DDW ppm as a lifestyle choice could have implications .... for sleep, for the autophagy/apoptosis cycles, (risk of senescence?), infection.....cancer? And if its cancer, if someone has gone to the lowest ppm DDW already, what then ...? :confused:

16. kris90

kris90 New Member

This is a fantastic observation. It explains why carbohydrates are absolutely essential when you live a naked life in equatorial sun. The problems faced at the equator are radically different because of the environment they face.

Given that we know blood cells have Warburg metabolism, it makes sense because deuterium is critical in the immune reaction. It is required to produce the germicidal UVC light to protect from infection.

My take is that equatorial living can cause deuterium depletion too rapidly, while western living causes deuterium accumulation in the WRONG place. Both populations potentially experience low deuterium in the blood, but each by different mechanism. One leads to inadequate immune responses and infectious disease, while the other leads to over-reactive immunity and mitochondrial diseases. Haplotype and environment is critically important.

Inger, Cindy Domitrovits and Sue-UK like this.
  17. How would one increase their blood deuterium not on the equator? One would think that the only way to increase deuterium to our blood would be to go to the equator sun. If we simply eat fruits or high D in a non-equator sun, one would think we would just end up with too high of D in our mito matrix and not get it into the blood. Is it possible that DDcenters have it all wrong and thinking that its about the D level in the mito and they want to lower that, but the reason their results have not quite been what they expected is because it does not incorporate the ability to get the levels of D in blood up?

18. kris90

kris90 New Member

Well we still get UVA and IRA light year round no matter how far we are from the equator. But cold is what changes the game. CT will keep D in the blood, because it activates mitochondrial uncoupling to release IR heat to move D up into the blood. The fact that insulin does not work in the cold (physiological insulin resistance) proves that we adapted to the seasons to always keep D in the blood.

I don't think the D in the matrix is so much from eating carbs out of season, but living in a blue light/EMF toxic environment with a chronic lack of UVA and IRA light.

As for DDcenters, I believe they have nothing to worry about, because I think it's EXTREMELY rare that someone could over-deplete deuterium in the Northern Hemisphere living a Western lifestyle. These folks' blood levels will be low in D because all their D is stuck in the matrix, while the African's blood levels may be low in D because the UVA and IRA light are depleting them faster than they can eat enough sugar to offset the loss.

Inger likes this.
  19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'm not so sure - if the northern hemisphere western lifestyle includes chronic too low CICO dieting like my mother did for example, its possibly the equivalent of the Hazda's periods of lower level deuterium starvation. Mum was fashionably thin, :rolleyes: but for all her problems, it was infection that took her out. So I suspect deuterium starvation is not uncommon in the northern hemisphere.

Another deuterium starvation pathway could be leptin resistance - the brain might perceive deuterium starvation, where it doesn't exist, and respond by affecting sleep etc, disrupting the deuterium clearing pathways. Even assuming excess deuterium in the matrix, if nothing else is done to help shift deuterium out of the matrix to top up the lowered deuterium blood plasma, I'd be concerned if my blood plasma stayed low. Without the sun, and not properly experiencing the cold, lowering ppm of DDW could be a disaster, particularly in a poor nnemf/5G environment.

kris90 likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please take the positive side of argument.

I posted my results of drinking DDW.
    Shortly before I started using DDW I had ATP production factor at very low and suboptimal 16.4%
    That went up to rather high optimal 82.4%
    Feeling better etc etc.
    79yo

How much value you see in this information?