1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Determined to find a way

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Determined, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Determined

Determined New Member

Ok, so I'm being brave & starting a journal on the forum cos u all look like a great bunch of ppl & I haven't seen any nasty stuff - looks like a v safe place for newbies like me to share our journey!
    To try and summarize - I'm 52 & have tried oh so many ways to feel 'right' over these yrs. It all sort of started abt 14 yrs ago w fatigue. I tht I was gng thru menopause but found out I had Hashi's. & high homocysteine, low B12 & iron, so the Dr wanted to start me on thyroxine but having always been into ' natural' & a vegetarian for the previous 5 yrs, I wanted to avoid that. So I googled and looked and found all the good looking raw vegans exposing the wonders of raw veganism & so i was off (again, experimented w this in my 20,s).

I def felt & looked better for awhile.& also took a b12 & iron supp for awhile. And there were no antibodies by abt 6 mths later, so Thinking i was on a winner continued for another 18 mths until I felt like I was running on 3 cylinders once more, despite eating the best fuel I could put into the gas tank ( organic ,raw no wheat, green smoothies, cacao, all that stuff to try & improve the brain fog & energy slumps) & the thyroid Abs came back. And high BLOOD glucose levels w it- yikes - too many bananas? Felt thirsty all the time - no matter how much I drank - it all makes sense now Dr K! And those 3 cylinders sometimes lowed to 2.

Something was wrong so more research & reading abt raw paleo (Aajonus - but I can't eat raw meat - yet - sorry!) so have been pretty much cooked paleo now for the last 4 yrs & I knew it might take a while to restore the good fats in my depleted body - boy, did I wolf down the meat when I finally decided to let go of raw vegan! I remember my mums lamb roasts smelt oh so good & always loved my tiucker! In the early days It took a while to get over my conditioning & be convinced that high good fat wasn't going to make me enormous! That's taken a while too.

When I wasn't getting the results that others on Paleo said they were - wt loss / energy/ bounding out of bed in the morning - I internalized that & tht it was just me - ie ate too much of this or that, ate a gluten free cake for morning tea that week & so on. Went to a BHRT Dr, got on some missing hormones ( low Pg, low DHEA,LOW Vit D) / vitamins (progesterone 10%, DHEA cream, Vit D 10,000 q 2 days, iodine spray daily) (she also prescribed Estrogen cream but as I'd NEVER used OCP I flt like a pumped up balloon on this so stopped it- water retention/ tension) But even w these, which i tweaked in various ways (where/ when & how much) I still never felt right.

She then tried me on HGH but I also felt very wrong on this too ( & worried abt the mercury preservative in it!!) & whilst others reported wt loss, energy etc i felt like crap - like a wrung out dish rag - worse on it but tried it for a while 'might come good' so that was a few 800 buck vials down the drain!

Finding Dr Kruse's site feels like I have found the missing piece of my health puzzle! In ONE week I feel a lot better already - calmer, balanced, more centered, in bed by 8:30 , up at 6 , almost jumping out of bed, got 5 out of 6 cylinders gng some days which is amazing to me, who wld have tht that something as simple as a circadian rhythm could be so profound. Well i do now after reading Jacks blogs. SO interesting & though my brain hurts I absolutely love it!

I only started last Sunday (2/9/13) -bought the book on Kindle on Friday & went Epi Paleo on Saturday - turned out all the lights on Sunday & started trying to reduce EMF exposure ( this is going to be harder - live in an apartment block in Cns - pick up 5 Wifi's arnd me, plus my work entails catching a Dash 8 at 10,000 feet to get to/ from work twice a week (got the barefeet on the metal Dr - wld a Colantotte magnet help???) plus that dang donut hole over us & abt 1000 more bucks to get the Magnetico to Oz - more to that which I won't go on abt here).

Even a simple version of CT has been astounding for me. Been taking a cold shower to start- dont have a compression shirt or skin thermometer yet ( any recommendations for where to buy fellow Aus Krusers?) turning off the hot completely - the aversion to that was pretty strong to start off & I think cold Cairns tap water- whilst it takes your breath away is not the temp it shld be ( planning to head up to volcanic Lake Barrine one weekend - that will be FREEZING right now as its still chilly on the Tablelands).

But got to visit my DH who lives 1500 feet above sea level in Qld this weekend - we do long distance due to work -yes MORE air travel - not good! & def notice difference in my sleep quality after that but he does have a VERY COLD SHOWER water & red skin - takes your breath away!

Just a bit of resistance Day 1 w the lights out & no TV, but reading him bits n pieces to try & win him round. whilst a healthy dude who meditates twice a day - his stress levels always better than mine because of this - he is still leptin resistant evidenced by a big gut & a love of scones w jam & cream & cake & potatoes & porridge - reckons its his Scottish ancestry. He can see a difference in me tho so tryin to b supportive & hoping my effects will continue & convert him too.

Anyway that's my story so far, got a long way to go ( realizing my cortisol levels are upside down - still a bit buzzy at night & sleepy in AM, but SO much better already) and hope to see more results soon. Have never ever done this on net b4 so I must b v inspired! Thanks Dr Kruse for all ur amazing thoughts & look fwd to learning MORE & healing this body of mine (& hopefully helping others too - ESP the pregnant women I work w) xxxx

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Determined, love your screen name! Welcome! Sounds like you are doing well already.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

What a great start to a journal Determined .... and I love your handle!! There is so much great stuff here - so keep reading and asking questions! Please listen to Jack's Podcasts - they give you much needed information quickly.

If you can swing it ...become a silver or gold member. The webinars and Q&A's are fantastic.....but, of course, you don't have to. Dr. K has a very direct way of speaking and you can ask questions. There was a special - I don't know if it is still available tho.

Keeping a journal really ups our commitment level and we learn so much from each other ...so glad you are here :)

Have you read the easy start guides and all the stuff on the home page? Cold showers are tough - it is much easier to get into a tub with ice!! You will have to trust us on that one!

It is very hot where you are isn't it? I have wanted to go there but haven't made it yet.

once again - welcome to this great journey of a lifetime - we won't be getting a do over ...this is it....

There may be others here getting a magnetico too - I would guess that shipping a bunch together would be cheaper. Make sure you read all the stuff here first tho ... a couple have made unintentional mistakes with regards to size etc.

4. Determined

Determined New Member

Thanx for the welcome guys - yep I AM DETERMINED! Half baked energy is not how I want to live the rest of my life. Now I have se answers to the puzzle that I Tht id just have to learn to live w :-(
    I WILL think abt joining the gold or silver but so much to go thru already- have listened to all Dr K's podcasts abt 3 x over so far (on iTunes). Still picking stuff up! as i said just SO INTERESTING!!! But it's a bit ironic that whilst I'm trying to limit EMF I CAN'T get off the IPad (don't have a computer w a cable due to a nomadic existence w work)!
    I think Dr K might just change my life! Perhaps it's time to slow right down?
    Look fwd to learning more & being accountable on the blog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5. Determined

Determined New Member

Ps would be int in a Magnetico bulk shipping but not sure how much it wld then be to get it to Cairns- they sound SUPER heavy?

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Determined, have you ever considered doing a 23andme test and running the raw data from it through one of the report applications? You said "high homocysteine, low B12 and iron". That caught my attention.

Well worth the $99 for this saliva test, although the shipping would likely be higher due to your location.

Welcome! I am glad you started a journal.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Where does everyone seem to find this test for less than what the 23andMe website charges?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I actually thought it was $99.00 Sally - I think that is what I paid ...and then around $100.00 to send it back - but I don't remember exactly....

9. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Correction...$99 and then $79 for additional tests ordered. Mine was ordered back when they were $299 and I still think it was worth it!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I still haven't plugged mine into one of those programmes - I am so computer illiterate.....

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

12. Determined

Determined New Member

Thanx for encouragement & info re testing - I have done some saliva testing in past thru the co in Melbourne w my BHRT Dr - my DH & I Tht we'd run the cortisol panel shortly -& HS CRP ( if its available on its own - it seemed to b part of a panel at Nutripath) plus Vir D Lipid profile FT3 T4 etc thru one of our normal path labs here.
    Will b interesting to see what's happening there now I know a bit more!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks - I will give that a go......now, of course, I have to find my 23&me ...... Could you come over and help me????
    I can take you to the beach and buy you some shrimp.....

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You joined at the right time.........the next blog is right up your alley.......but I would listen to the last few podcasts I just did to catch up........cause after the next few blogs.......its warp drive.

15. Determined

Determined New Member

Cool - cant wait!

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Warp drive??? you haven't used that one before ....now I am scared...and worried.....

17. Determined

Determined New Member

Anyone tell me what the last 2 podcasts were - looked on the site & want to listen to the right ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

18. Determined

Determined New Member

It all sounds very intriguing - cant wait - but can anyone giv me a heads up which were Jacks last 2 podcasts - I can find a few. The Liv la vida low carb ones don't seem to be working - I've listened to the ones w Sean, Ameer, reconnected human & live to 110 - many times over now - in the dark at night- better absorption!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I will go and check on that ......

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just went to the home page and clicked on podcasts. It doesn't seem to be working very well - but - I may be losing my mind!

Please put in a support ticket - I can't put one in for someone else I have just learned.

The one with Wendy Myers is working .... have you listened to that one? oh - I just reread your post - you have!

sorry about all these technical problems .......

I usually listen when Jack provides the link .....