1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dermatologist here: help me see the light!

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by standardpractice, Jan 11, 2021 at 4:11 PM.

1. standardpractice

standardpractice New Member

(pun intended)

I’m a dermatologist and I’ve been following jack’s writings recently. I am understanding the effects of light and circadian biology on a whole host of health issues. I am spending more time in the sun and trying to respect my circadian rhythms.

As a dermatologist, I want to be able to help people understand the importance of sun. One of the major issues for me is that the vast majority of my patients want to know solutions to anti-aging. They worry about wrinkles and sun spots and sun related freckling – photo aging in general. In the past, I have told them to avoid sun. I show them a photo of the truck driver getting wrinkles from sun damage only on the sun exposed side of his face. I show them photos of accelerated aging in a v-neck distribution in sun expose areas.

How can I make sense of these findings and use them to help my patients?

JanSz likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi and welcome.....

Have you read the little book ....Health and light by John Ott

standardpractice likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Jack has a Doctor's section .....

standardpractice likes this.
  4. standardpractice

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll take a look at it!

5. standardpractice

How do I join the healthcare practitioners forum?

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You have to be a platinum member and get my approval.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

To help you patients quickly you need to unlearn to relearn. One of the best books for MDs to begin with is Fritz Hollwich's book. It is an easy read and a masterpiece.

John Schumacher likes this.
  9. standardpractice

Thank you so much for the recommendation! I learned so much from reading your blog posts and your book. I'm looking forward to reading Fritz Hollwich's book as well.

Jack Kruse likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That book will change your medical life.