1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dennis Clark Live

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dennis Clark, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

I'm planning to buy the $400 kit from Eagle Research.

D302?
    You mean IR-A into the water being electrolyzed?
    Why silver or gold plating on the stainless steel?

2. I'm suggesting that the metal alloy which is used to generate/separate the hydrogen from the water be silver or gold plated - not titanium nor stainless steel.

3. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

What should the gold or silver be plated onto? And why gold or silver plating?

4. @Dan2 - Please read how H3O2− and D3O2− is "create"; then read what by-products are generated as off "gas" molecules from this process depending on the alloy used; then ask me again.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  5. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Solving Ankle Swelling

These past few months my ankles and toes began to swell up a bit every day. Then they'd go back to normal, or nearly so, by morning. Of all the possible explanations, the one seeming to be correct is lymphedema. The reason I lit on that diagnosis rests on a set of characteristics: swelling more on the left ankle and foot; swelling includes toes (ruling out internal varicose veins); swelling goes down after elevating legs; it also goes down after doing lymphatic flow exercises; it is more apparent after sitting a while; there is no pain.

First thoughts about treatment centered around supplements - minerals (iodine, zinc, potassium, selenium. Then sea salt (Redmonds), 1 tsp per day. Ginkgo, too, in case of venous insufficiency. None of that worked. No surprise there, since my diet is already rich in those minerals and in flavonoids for vascular health. Besides, this is just a 'chemical' approach that doesn't replace whole food nutrition.

Focusing on lymphatic flow is the key. And movement is the main antidote to the swelling. I noticed that walking 9 holes of golf (1.5-2 hours) at least 3 times a week prevents the swelling almost completely. Also simply walking semi-vigorously for 30-60 minutes. In contrast, when I sit most of the day, with little or no walking, the swelling begins again.

What a simple treatment! Even if my reasoning is all wrong, I've found an old-time truism: Sitting on my butt too much is a path to health malfunction. It undermines the benefits of grounding and sunshine I get on a regular basis. Diet doesn't touch it, either. Just getting moving. It's timely to re-learn this lesson for the umpteenth time.

Now my ankles are normal all the time. I just love these kinds of biohacks!

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Unlikely that you take in too much (NaCl) but you may want to drop that 1 tsp/day then see if that makes any difference.
    When there were discussions on the benefits of good amounts of salt,
    I increased my (Redmont) salt.
    It took about 2 weeks for my feet and ankles to swell.

I use this now, (this salt has low (NaCl) content.

upload_2020-11-18_16-56-42.png

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    John Schumacher likes this.
  7. Dennis Clark

Hi, JanSz...I failed to account for the salt part of my 'biohack'. I did, indeed, stop taking it completely for a couple of weeks. I didn't notice any change in my ankles, at least until I started walking more and sitting less.

Regarding salt, at first I took the tsp in a glass of water. Then I discovered Jack's recommendation in more than one place to take it with food. The salty water was nearly intolerable. Taking a tsp straight was actually intolerable. My best effort now it to mix it with a couple of raw eggs, maybe with some Tabasco and/or Worcestershire sauce, then slug it down. Still not so good. Not too bad, though.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I take a number of powders including salt. Some rather unpleasant.
    Rather than diluting and having to eat large volume, I take about teaspoon volumes with a sip of water, then another sip of water and so on.

9. Dennis Clark

Hi, JanSz...Sounds like my experience. Taking salt and MSM are the most challenging, although a tsp of MSM in 8 oz of water is much more tolerable than a tsp of salt by itself. Whenever I do take supplements, I empty the capsules into water to avoid the veggie caps. Hypromellose (veggie caps) sit on my stomach like a rock otherwise. 'Veggie' in this case is used pretty loosely.

10. Dennis Clark

Seasonal Weight Change
    Following an Epi-PaleoRx eating plan has been quite interesting and informative. Basically, as usual, this fall I started cutting back on carbs in September, taking in more fat and protein. I haven't been as strict as Jack. Nevertheless, without really changing anything else, I dropped ca. 10 pounds by Dec. 1. And I haven't even started CTing for the winter yet. At the moment I'm right at my 'playing weight' in high school football - from more than a half century ago! I think it's absolutely phenomenal to read and learn about eutherian genes, seasonal eating, leptin sensitivity, etc., etc. - then see it all come to fruition in my own body. Nothing like seeing theory meeting practice to really appreciate actual human biology. It's now hard to recall I was so overweight at one time, by 45 lbs over what I am now. I'd bet that fat guy looking at me back in the mirror back then has no chance of ever reappearing. Whew!

By the way, even though I initially knocked of a bunch of fat with a couple of rounds of hCG more than a decade ago, the Epi-PaleoRx has kept me from yo-yo-ing like I did before adopting my current eating plan over the past 5 years or so.

JanSz likes this.