1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dennis Clark Live

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dennis Clark, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

In one of the CT series articles, Jack replied to a comment that he would stay cold adapted for quite a while even when not doing CT for some months. I suppose if we are truly living like hibernators, this makes sense. Eating and living seasonally in the summer shouldn't undermine our wintertime benefits.

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I still go out in shorts and t-shirt and hoodie for sunrise. This morning it was 8c and felt like 6c and very windy.

Then we paddle around in the ocean for awhile. It is quite wonderful when the sun comes out :D

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Where we used to live ...we would take a ice-cold shower and then sit in the sun naked for as long as we could.
    We don't have the same freedom here ....we would terrify the neighbours! :alien:

4. Dennis Clark

Vitamin D biohack continues...
    Just completed my annual (actually every 2 years) Medicare physical. The most important lab test of interest to me was my vitamin D level (vitamin D, 25-hydroxy). Now it's more than 9 ng/mL higher than it was 2018, which makes it 50.6 this time. Although that level might not blow anybody's socks, it sure is validation of my biohack to boost my vit. D only via sunshine over the past 2 years. (No doubt some dietary D2 in there, which isn't so interesting.) Too bad the PA from 2016 isn't still working in the clinic any longer. I would have explained to her that I completely ignored her advice to supplement with 1,000 IU of D3, then presented the results of my biohack to her.

This kind of validation is great encouragement to keep on doing what I'm doing.

I'm also pleased my FBG dropped to 84 mg/dL, down from 91 in 2018. And A1c dropped from 5.1 to 4.8. So far so good.

I've got a long ways to go on my road to Optimal. It's really great to see how Epi-Paleo is working along the way.

Woo-hoo!

Inger likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you had a choice of testing only one of the three
    FBG
    HgA1c
    or fasting insulin
    would not the fasting insulin be your first choice?

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. Dennis Clark

Absolutely, JanSz. It's on my list of labs to do. My labs this past week were 'government-approved' - meaning, covered by the Medicare Wellness exam. All my numbers are good acc. to accepted norms, even if they are not too relevant as actual health indicators. Cholesterol and a limited lipid panel are good examples. I couldn't be less concerned about them, just mildly interested.

My PA was more concerned with a slightly elevated TSH level of 5.49 (ref. range, 0.45-4.5). Even had another blood draw to check T3 and T4. (No results yet.) You may have had a similar experience, since TSH can rise with iodine supplementation, and I've been taking 25 mg a day for the past month or so (divided between I2 and IkI in IodoRx).

I've been mulling over selecting a lab test sequence, arranged in order of importance just to be less costly. I used to get an annual set through LEF at a cost of $300-$400 during their spring lab test sale. Very enlightening and helpful. Too much money for me now.

Nevertheless, pretty soon I'm going to start a CT biohack, JK-style, with telomere testing (also pretty expensive). That's my number one goal for testing at the moment. I'm going to intensify my normally wintertime CT with an earlier start time in October, as close to daily as I can manage. JK improved his telomere results with CTing. I want to the same thing.

The other lab test I'm most interested in is my O6/O3 ratio. I'm pretty sure that it's too high, which might explain why my CT effects seemed to stall out this past winter. My resistance to cold just wasn't what I thought it should be (although still a lot better than everyone around me). Fixing an O6/O3 ratio is easy through diet. It just may take a while.

7. Dennis Clark

HI, Caroline...Swimming around in cold seawater sounds ideal! Thanks for that vision. I do exactly that whenever I get to the California/Oregon coast (closest ca. 6 hrs driving from here). The Humboldt current ensures cold water year round.:)

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Dennis Clark
    It is a timely discussion about health insurance.
    I do not know what Medicare Wellness is.
    Hopefully, you can help me with a better health insurance choice for me. I am an "ordinary" USA citizen, 80 yo.
    As usual, I am after the best setup I am able to get.
    Possibly you can give me better suggestions then what I currently have.
    As is I do not have coverage for a large number of items that are advertised. I have also found that at least some of that supper coverage is tied up to unacceptable to me conditions.
    I do not have coverage for eyeglasses, dental, and hearing aids.
    All I have is three cards:
    -----------------------------------

When my wife was dying and in the hospital, I asked there if I could have bought better insurance, was told that it was as good as it gets.
    I was not charged anything for all the hell my DW went thru including her hospice care.
    For myself, I am paying a good amount of money for the Testosterone Androgel I am using, but not much for anything else.

9. Most of the coastlines water(s) are around 50 degrees -> perfect.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Keep on mulling, but eventually please post your list.
    Compare costs at LEF with

======================================
    https://www.mcssl.com/store/bltsystem/catalog/search?keyword=Homocysteine
    Homocysteine, Plasma 706994 - $28.01
    Insulin - $12.01
    Hemoglobin A1c $8.65
    Glucose, Serum 001032 -$7.98
    Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum $14.45
    DHEAs -$24.35
    Progesterone $17.29
    Estradiol (E2), Serum $24.93
    Estrone (E1), Serum $29.50
    Cortisol - AM, Serum 104018 - $14.44
    CBC with Differential $8.90
    Comp Metabolic 14 Panel $9.65
    Urinalysis, Complete $8.63
    Prolactin $17.29
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy $33.50
    Free Triiodothyronine (T3) $14.45
    Lipid Panel $9.65

PSA Total+%Free $24.93

The venipuncture fee of $6.95 will be added to the Processing Fee of your lab order.
    [​IMG]
    ======================================

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I would appreciate it if you could start a separate thread where
    you @Dennis Clark
    and @John Schumacher (and mostly nobody else)
    would:
    exclude discussing 6sigma sick outliers
    exclude discussing nnEMF and nomadic life

assume (at first) that you are dealing with an average healthy person
    define (details) of what you are talking about when you say O6 or O3 or O6/O3
    better yet
    latter on
    please include O7 and O9

after defining what you are talking about
    please define some methods of influencing lagging items without pushing up those that are already excessive.
    -------
    large sprinkling of:
    mitochondria
    peroxisome
    and other parts of cells
    For some examples of this type of work possibly Patricia Kane may be used.
    BodyBio.com
    bodybio-wellness.com

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  12. Dennis Clark

Fabulous idea, JanSz. If this is what you have in mind, I've just started this thread: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/aging-is-not-a-disease-damn-it.25242/. I'm looking forward to having some great chats there. What do you think?

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  14. Dennis Clark and JanSz like this.
  15. Dennis Clark

Ditto on my side, JanSz.

16. Dennis Clark

17. Dennis Clark

My hope, too.

18. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

19. @Dennis Clark may I encourage you. My wife and I budget two "meals out" per year (typically lunch); so that I may put it towards the https://optimalklubs.com/ Silver bucket. I don't know how low you are on the financial ladder, but that's what I did.

JanSz likes this.
  20. @Dan2 -> A superior machine is in excess of $3000 US.
    So since you "seem to be" a DIYer ->

Have you consider building or at least designing a H3O2 machine that includes infrared spectra stimulation in the H3O2− and D3O2− for the purposes of drinking, breathing and watering your gardens?
    Note: Please consider: A cold pressurized system design incorporating IR-A into the beginning of the process; also remember the alloy composition is important -> consider using sliver or gold plating rather than titanium or stainless steal.

Looking Forward...
    Grandpa John

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020