1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dennis Clark Live

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dennis Clark, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Life.....what constitutes it is interesting. Most biologists would say a virus is dead. I would not. Most people think Denis is alive and kicking. I think Denis is a virus.........who needs to parasitize his environment to remain alive by pushing massive flows of energy through his inner mitochondrial membrane every minute he is alive. The information being pushed is more important.

See.......when you see the quantum side of life all of the sudden things that were gospel to you suddenly become distinctly questionable.

Nice thought huh for a Friday afternoon?

Wine.........it makes the mind wander to wonder.........doesn't it?

2. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

This seems to be a good place to post personal data. My labs, for example, consist of the panels available from Life Extension during their annual member sale. It is a LOT of stuff, some of which I am not yet clear about. Nevertheless, the more interesting ones to me are as follows for lab work in 2011 and 2015 (I hope the spacing is not too far off in the text):

ITEM REF RANGE 2011 2015 UNITS
    Free testosterone 6.6-18.1 8.8 8.7 pg/mL
    DHEA-sulfate 51.7-295 192.6 179.5 ug/dL
    Estradiol 7.6-42.6 36.6 44.1 pg/mL
    Pregnenolone MS <151 84 ND ng/dL
    Dihydrotestosterone 30-85 48 ND ng/dL
    Testosterone, serum 193-740 542 554 ng/dL
    Homocysteine 0.0-15.0 5.7 13.3 umol/L
    C-reactive protein 0.0-0-3.00 1.72 0.47 mg/L
    Hemoglobin A1c 4.8-5.6 ND 5.4 %
    TSH 0.450-4.500 1.24 6.12 uIU/mL
    Vit. D 25-hydroxy 32.0-100 37.7 69.7 ng/mL

Some Kruse-recommended tests are missing (e.g., free T3, T4) so I will have to order them up sometime.

Results are not horrible, although I really don't like the estradiol data. The CRP seems to be pretty good, though. And I know that I could stand to improve the Vit. D and testosterone levels.

The full comparison of a gazillion tests for 2011 and 2015 is summarized in the attached pdf version of an Excel file that I put together from the two reports. If anyone reading this is still having trouble sleeping, looking at lots of raw data like this might be helpful zonking out.

The 2015 results are from May, which means that they may not yet reflect my efforts since January with CT (ca. 4 times per week for 2 hrs with CoolFatBurner and GutBuster), wearing blue-blockers every evening when home, having BABs followed by 8 hrs fasting whenever possible (added to previous pattern of 24-hr fasting twice a week), and continued sprint interval training (running or cycling 3-4 times a week) and Body by Science weightlifting (once per week max), plus a lot more time doing barefoot grounding outside. (My golfing buddies seem to think playing golf barefoot is nuts ... little to they know!)

That's it for now.

Attached Files:

3. Dennis Clark

Oh, and eating lots and lots of oily fish.

caroline likes this.
  4. Dennis Clark

Dennis the Health Troll here. At least that is what I have become on this forum. I read and read and read, without saying or contributing much. Ah, the fear of judgment is strong in me! Nevertheless, to Dr. K and all others, you have provided me with a huge amount of information that I have used for changing my own life for the better. I have become a mitochondriac over the past couple of years or so, and I hadn't even heard of the term before!

As for my journal now ... simple biohacking has been my goal in many ways. One of them involves my vitamin D levels. I have gone from 37.7 in 2011 to 69.7 (2015), to 44.1 (2016), to 41.4 (2018, this month). Behind the scenes, I was supplementing until 2016. The up and down readings are a bit baffling. In 2016 I decided to stop supplementing and see what I could do with just sunshine. After more than a year of good amounts of UVB in the middle of the day, my reading of 41.4 seems somewhat disappointing. It is, however, "real" in the sense that it came mostly from vit D sulfate made in my skin. At least I think so. My biohack result is that I no longer get seasonal flu or colds.

My Medicare physicals are all the data I have for the past couple of years. In other words, not very informative. At least I know that my lipid panel remains excellent in every way, however unimportant that actually is. I plan to marshall all the scheckels I can within the next month or so to get a monster set of labs from LEF.

More to come.

WalterNL, Lahelada, caroline and 2 others like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice update

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Homocysteine 0.0-15.0 5.7 13.3 umol/L

[​IMG]

DDW - Deuterium Depleted Water

7. shiran

shiran Curious

I also started with vitamin D around the 40. today without supplements I have over 100 .
    persistence in this name of the game , each one of us is different at its own pace of progression
    Keep up your good work "Dennis the Health Troll "
    now summer is comming with the good sun that will raise the vitamin D

drezy likes this.
  8. Dennis Clark

9. Dennis Clark

HI, Shiran: Thank you for your kind comment. I am very glad that you got vit D level up to 100. Here in Arizona we have the tremendous advantage of lots of sunlight. You must have the same advantage. BTW, your health journal is inspirational. Now, YOU keep up the good work!