1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dennis Clark Live

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dennis Clark, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Before I get started…

Discovering new truths is fabulous. Over the years of my teaching career I encountered many new truths. I just hope that some of the students in my classes stayed curious and open-minded about some of the 'gospel' that I taught them. Genetic determinism, cell theory, chemiosmotic theory, cell membrane structure and function, evolutionary theory, osmosis and diffusion. All 'truths' with big holes in them. I sure hope some of those young folks forgot how cell respirations harvests 36 ATPs from a molecule of glucose. Not possible, flat wrong.

It goes on and on.

Now, thanks to encountering Dr. Kruse, I have a whole bunch of other 'truths' to re-evaluate. What fun!

I still hesitate to post my journal. This is clearly a highly supportive forum group, and Dr. K seems to be ubiquitous on it (is there really just one of him?). It is just hard for me to believe that anyone wants to read my stuff.

Deep breath. Here goes.

Starting with the present, I am about 4 months into Krusology and still suffering from overwhelm. Nevertheless, based on what I have learned so far, this is what I have been doing toward achieving optimal health.

Eating style (I know, this is only number 3 on the list after ubiquitination and cell cycle): BK (Before Kruse) I was doing intermittent fasting, 24-hour fasts twice a week. (Got that from digging into autophagy.) Now several times a week I start out with a Big Ass Breakfast and fast until dinner. My food choices keep me at a low level of ketosis. BK this entailed a lot of fatty beef and chicken. Now it includes fish almost every day.

Just recently started to include much more coconut oil in my diet. Love to start out the day with a bulletproof coffee, either with butter or coconut oil.

Exercise: BK was already doing HIIT weightlifting ('super slow' a la Body by Science) a max of once per week, plus SIT (running and/or stationary bike) about 3 times per week. Saw the light on this approach after many years of long-distance training and road races (10Ks, marathons, etc.). Main benefit: lots and lots of T-shirts. Oh, and I run 'barefoot' style (see Lieberman at Harvard - very important on this here: http://www.barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/4BiomechanicsofFootStrike.html

Super glad to see the Kruse perspective on exercise matching what I had discovered BK.

HCG: About 8 years ago I reached the lofty weight of 210 lbs – or 45 lbs over my high school football playing weight. I was disgusted and, lo and behold, I discovered the Simeons hCG protocol. Dropped about 30 lbs in a month, which I have stayed pretty close to more or less since then. (Weight has fluctuated mostly seasonally, depending on 'beer season' – i.e., football tailgating. Will be rethinking that this year.) Glad to see Dr. K's perspective on hCG in a number of blog posts. If I did the protocol again, I would surely boost it with CT.

Cold thermogenesis: BK - Never heard of it before. Now it is part of my lifestyle. Started out in the pool (only 65 F, though). Now using the Cool Fat Burner vests (including Gut Buster) nearly every day, usually 2 hrs at a time. Articles found on PubMed were somewhat helpful, although Dr. K's views are much more thorough.

nnEMF: BK, nothing. Now I make it a point to at least wear blue blockers starting in the early evening. Early on this helped my sleep pattern tremendously (it was abysmal), within the first 2-3 days. Phenomenal.

Recently got a Trifield Meter and a Graham-Stetzer Meter and will be surveying my house thoroughly soon. Already shocked at high levels of dirty electricity in some rooms. Crap!

Sort of nnEMF related: I have been sleeping on an 'Earthing' (grounding) sheet for a couple of years.

Labs: Most recent was several blood panels through Life Extension Foundation in 2011. Nothing obviously out of whack. Will be getting labs through LEF again in a couple of weeks (it is now their lab testing sale period for members … a great bargain).

If anything, my main concern is a high-normal fasting blood glucose (95 mg/dL) from 4 years ago. More on labs when new results come in.

HEALTH OVERVIEW

Based on my first (and last) Medicare Wellness Exam from a year ago, I am in tiptop shape.

BTW, that comment was a joke. My exam was as worthless a waste of time as I could imagine. It was, indeed, a bad joke. I think my MD gave up on me when she realized that I am not taking any prescription meds and am very resistant to doing so. I guess I am just a poor customer for modern medicine. I am a natural products chemist. I like my natural products.

Physically and mentally I am very active. One of my goals is to shoot my age in golf. I figure that if I stay on track the way I am playing right now, I will reach that goal in about 30 years.

Okay, that was fun.

What I would really like to accomplish is to reduce my visceral fat by 5-10 lbs and get my body fat below 20 percent. I seem to be stuck on a plateau on this one.

By biggest health challenge is the aftermath of about 20 years of ulcerative colitis. It culminated in 1990 in an ileo-anal anastomosis (see http://www.j-pouch.org/ if you are really interested). Living without a colon has been a bitch, although I’ve learned to deal with it enough to live a fairly normal lifestyle.

I’ve thought about changing my middle name to ‘Diarrhea’. Just kidding. I don’t own food as much as rent it. My transit time is more like a NASCAR race.

Anyway, dehydration and mineral imbalance are always just around the corner for me.

WHAT MORE?

I am sure that I could say a lot more. Ladies, what guy doesn't like to talk about himself, right?

A good stopping point, for those who have plow through this so far, is some thoughts that I’d like to share with you about water. I have just about finished Gerald Pollack’s book, The Fourth Phase of Water, and he puts a spin on water that might help us benefit from Gilbert Ling’s work that started in the 1980s or so.

So far all I have done is to vortex my RO water through a ring magnet to give it some structure. This seems like an improvement on mere bulk water. I will be setting up some experiments with this stuff on plants soon so I can see with my own eyes what it can do. Plenty of 'lay' literature on it in agriculture.

Somehow I think we can benefit more from EZ water, as well as cellular EZ, than we do now. In this regard I would love to hear a conversation among Pollack, Ling, and Juliana Brooks (see her phenomenal work on the resonant energy that the old-time physicists missed http://herbscientist.com/Brooks-Resonance-Factor.pdf - it is super geeky; if you just understand what is on p. 8 you will get the main drift). There has to be a connection between EZ and resonance that we can use to build on the quantum effects that Dr. K tells us about.

John Schumacher, Jude and Josh like this.
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Well, I'm 3+ years in and still suffering from overwhelm. On the bright side the very early blogs (2011-12) seem easy in comparison to the past couple of years.

Great start on your journal! See, someone did read it ;)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  3. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Welcome!

Couple of notes:

----
    EZ Water

I made some points about water here, which were also made during the May 2015 Webinar -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...ater-or-alkalised-ro-water.14086/#post-162727

The key thing to remember is that you need EZ water next to your proteins, within small capillaries (Pollack showed how this actually powers most of blood flow, not the heart), around your mitochondria, etc ....

Whether or not the water you drink is charge-separated is a different story. While EZ water tends to stay EZ, your stomach is the type of environment which will tend to cause EZ erosion pretty quick. (Reminder: EZ is destroyed by positive ions, and your stomach is acidic; ie: full of H+)

What matters more is that your water doesn't harm your ability to create EZ water within the structures of the body where EZ water is needed. This means getting water that doesn't contain too many chaotropes (like fluoride), as well as getting water that hasn't been exposed to too much non-native-EMF (which alters hydrogen bonding angles to weaken the overall hydrogen bonding network of water).

I'm not 100% about vortexing water through a ring magnet. It may induce charges within the water, and I do not know if this can be harmful. Personally, I always err on the side of caution, and stick to the basics, which are:

(a) RO water or Spring Water
    (b) Exposed to high Static Magnetic Fields (emphasis on 'Static')
    (c) Drunk cold and not boiled prior. (expose it to UV light if there are risk of pathogens. Sunlight works fine)

EZ water in body structures is built by confining water to small spaces next to hydrophilic substances. These are almost always proteins and membranes with adequate charge across them. That's why having good membrane charge potentials across structures are important.

(I use the word "structures" instead of just "membranes" or "cells", because the entire body truly is a cytoskeletal network. I have a chapter of 'Living Rainbow H2O' by Mae-Wan Ho online, which explains this concept -- http://tanyewwei.com/pdf/living-rainbow-h2o-18.pdf . Of course, you should buy the book http://www.amazon.com/Living-Rainbow-H2O-Mae-Wan-Ho/dp/9814390895 ;))

----

Blood Glucose

Wouldn't worry about a 95mg/dL fasting glucose at all if you truly are in low level ketosis (Let's say 0.3mM beta-hydroxybutyrate). This topic was discussed at length in this thread -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-carb-insulin-resistance.8934/

Peter at Hyperlipid summarised exactly why you need to induce physiologic Insulin Resistance in order to prevent cellular energy overload in his 'Protons 34' blog post -- http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2014/01/protons-34-rotenone.html

A high-fat ketotic diet like what you're on will necessitate slightly higher blood glucose and insulin resistance.

----

Need to think about gut health implications without a colon :confused:. There is going to be a lack of H2 gas production (made in the colon), and transit time will affect the sorts of light release in the small intestine, but I'm not sure yet :rolleyes:

John Schumacher likes this.
  4. Dennis Clark

Fitness@home: In the immortal words of Eeyore, "Thanks for noticing me."

Wei...whew, what a lot of great directions for me to take. I spent some time following up on your links. I especially appreciate the notice about FBG, since I recall reading Peter's explanation last year of why I can expect to be IR. I was completely unaware of the H2 stuff, though. Now I'd like to find out what I might be getting from my gut microbes and from the probiotics I take. One such is Saccharomyces boulardii, which is a colon bacterium that helps keep C-diff in check. Since I can still get C-diff blooms (called 'pouchitis' of my J-pouch - pretty creative, huh?), which occur in the colon, I may have at least some amount of colon physiology that could produce H2. I'd be surprised to find any research on it, though. No money in it.

I'm still pursuing what I can find out about water. Since I know more about plant physiology than animal physiology, I was thrilled to hear about Pollack's lab doing a plant study with vortexed water. No details yet. However, I did find this undergraduate thesis on the topic: http://herbscientist.com/structured-water-thesis.pdf

The work by Brooks (linked in my first journal entry above) also included some research on the effects of resonant energy water on animals (fish in an aquarium). The jury is still out on how resonant energy water, or vortexed water for that matter, works when it gets into the animal gut, though.

Brother John likes this.
  5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome, Dennis!

6. Dennis Clark

Thanks, nonchalant. I am still wandering semi-lost around the forum.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Dennis!

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11407008_10205623703970686_8939562849146788796_n.jpg

9. Jude

Jude Gold

I am about 4 months into Krusology and still suffering from overwhelm.

Lol and welcome.

thisbirdhaswings likes this.
  10. Brother John

Brother John Silver

Dennis thanks for posting and I have to say I truly appreciate your clear writing style!!
    Brother John

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

She means years. :)

thisbirdhaswings likes this.
  12. Jude

Jude Gold

Lol ta Sally.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Semi lost is fine........just persist.

rlee314 likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not all those who wander are lost............do not forget that

rlee314 and cantweight like this.
  15. Dennis Clark

What a great bunch of people on this forum! Regarding my readings of Dr. K's posts and forum comments, my clarity on connecting the dots and understanding the main points grows as I read and reread. And reread some more. What a treasure trove of wisdom. Additional wisdom that guides me comes from that great philosopher, Calvin Coolidge:

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
    At one time I identified with those 'educated derelicts'- until I caught onto Einstein's quote (I think) about education being what is left after you forget everything you learned in school.

Education is continuous for the open-minded, and my 5 months in the world of Dr. K have been a whopper of an education so far.

16. Dennis Clark

Thanks, Dr. K ... and for the jpg earlier. Spot on.

17. Dennis Clark

Thanks, Brother John. I've come a long way since that C+ in freshman English (WAY back in the last century!).

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

water key: All three kingdoms of life make energy via chemiosmosis.........what does it require? A membrane impermeable to protons. What does an EZ exclude.......? Protons. You only need a hydrophilic protein to gain this........you don't a cell contrary to what evolutionary biologists think right now today.

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Cell-less life?

20. Dennis Clark

Over the years cell biology has generated a long list of cell features based on artifacts of preparation and observation. Gerald Pollack talked about the features of 'lifeless' gels vs. cells in his book, Cells, Gels, and the Engines of Life. His latest explanations of EZ water (The Fourth Phase of Water) point out how charge separation of water on a hydrophilic surface is a source of biological energy, powered by infrared light. Apparently we don't need no stinking cells! (Besides, the Cell Theory as currently explained in textbooks is dead wrong. That's an interesting story all by itself.)

Oh, one more thing about 'life'. The prerequisite definitions of life that show up in the beginning of every introductory textbook on biology or botany completely fail to actually define life.

CjHedberg, Beasol, Linz and 2 others like this.