1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dehydration

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by diane, Feb 25, 2013.

1. diane

diane Gold

MG - I was going to ask if you were on any BHRT then got to the last line of your post. :)

Gretchen I'm somewhat following your posts - but what is the function of Pg in processing water?

Not that I want you all to think I'm obsessed with dogs or anything LOL, but I do observe interesting things with them, and can see how they apply (as pet owners it's amazing how aware we are to our pet's bodily functions LOL). When I feed my dogs kibble, they drink a lot and pee a lot. When they go back to raw, they drink less water and pee less. When I first noticed this, I had assumed that kibble was dry so making them thirstier. But now I think there is a more complex response going on. Could it be that the water in the food is superior and more easily converted in the body than water we drink? Or is it that the quality of the protein can be unfolded more readily so water isn't "wasted".

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Pg is another indicator of whether you can access the PPP and water for energy across your entire cycle if you're a woman. if when your Pg drops at the end of the cycle into the beginning of the cycle - and you have any of the following: migraines, symptoms of dehydration (thirst or excessive urination to include waking at night to pee), brain fog etc, you can't access the PPP during the time when your Pg decreases. Ideally - you'd still be able to access the PPP when Pg drops - however due to estrogen dominance - you can't estrogen won't allow the access to the PPP b/c its a function of heat, where Pg is a function of cold - think bears who hibernate while pregnant. Pg is a key hormone to access the PPP - which is why Jack has said CT is essential for every woman, whether they want to do it or not.

3. diane

diane Gold

This is really helpful. I keep seeing so many tie ins as to the functions of CT, and I think that many people have been thinking of it along the lines of losing weight. But it's so much more than that.

4. freesia

freesia Old Member

Gretchen - you just tied some really interesting things together right there! Wow.

Diane I haven't lost weight with CT, just altered body composition.
    It's also enabling me to make energy connections at a cellular level where I wasn't before. I made that observation to my husband only a month or so after starting CT last year......I've only really started figuring out how it really works.

Gretchen - Thank You! :)

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yoda she is..........

6. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

There is gold in this thread! My favorite of the day! Thank you all...

I need to ponder this more as my DH drinks quite a bit 70-100oz/day and seems to pee every 30 min after drinking a glass of water. And it is a lot! I've been trying to figure this one out. Looks like the treasure is buried and digging is on my agenda.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

details matter big when you first begin to realize biology is quantized........and EMF 8 shows you how right I am and how wrong paleo really is.........One small detail is all it takes in a quantized state

Brent Patrick likes this.
  8. diane

diane Gold

Yes, amazing Shijin! This is what I was talking about with ideas. I want to understand WHY things work the way they do, and how they interact much more than figure out how to save myself from EMF - at least right now. I'm not saying I don't think that EMF is important, but when I understand more thoroughly why and what it impacts, I'm more likely to 1) make changes but 2) know which changes matter and what I'm looking for when I do make them.

9. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

Oh yes, I loved your "idea" comment! ;)

10. freesia

freesia Old Member

I've been drinking artesian water for more than a decade but it comes via mains pipes and I'm not sure about the affect on it's structure when it gets to my drinking glass! We use a paramagnetic ceramic ring to "treat" some of the water - ie the glass jug we keep on the table, but I've been experimenting.....even sending the husband directly to the aquifier source the other day to fill a 20 liter container to see if it's different from the tap water. It seems more "still".
    I watched a talk about Viktor Schauberger's ideas last week, and read further to more recent stuff. I'm pretty motivated to try and get our drinking water just right now.

The minerals it contains is another matter. Super-interesting to read on another thread how people have definate preferences for different spring waters and I wonder even if that reflects where deficiencies lie?

11. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

Fressia, according to Ed Kane, et al, there is a difference in what we taste in water with regard to deficiencies. The minerals we need will taste sweeter than those that our bodies recognize as at an appropriate level. This can change often even daily based on that moment's need.

12. freesia

freesia Old Member

Patty, Gerolsteiner always tastes sweet to me. So funny. I'm off to google some details!!

13. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

14. JimG

JimG Gold

I never need to urinate in middle of night, that is I can go 8-10 hours without urinating, but during daytime when at work, I feel the urge to do it like every hour sometimes even less and again by evening it starts to normalize, how does one explain it ? is it just the stress at work or something else

15. RGP

RGP New Member

Really? 1-1.5 gallons per day? How do you folks manage to digest your food without completely diluting your stomach acid. I know I'm dehydrated and would love to increase my water intake to these levels, but I could never digest anything.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Stomach acid is not diluted when it is in a water reverse micelle.........but you did not know that did you?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

there is a lot more of that coming.........GERD is a loss of that structure of water.

18. RGP

RGP New Member

Jack: how does one get one's stomach acid into this structure? Thanks

19. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

I would only get GERD symptoms when I ate starches and animal protein or ate something fried in bad oil. Since being on paleo and now epi paleo, I am completely symptom free. I now realize am dehydrated since I wake up once a night to pee and feel thirsty much of the time. Never could figure out why I drank so much water and still felt thirsty. I must do something about this. I am going to buy Lugols 2% solution and put it in my filtered water. It's the cheapest way to go for me at this time.

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

You know, that's a good question. I have probably doubled my water intake, but no GERD issues, though I used to be on Nexium, a couple years ago. Since I drink water throughout the day, I'm not interested in drinking during my meals, though I often drink right afterward.

Water reverse micelle... I need to change the water that DH drinks. I really want him off of Nexium as well...