1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dehydration

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by diane, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

After drinking so much good water and sap I notice my eyes are clearer and they look moister too! I could see it on my eyes if I spended longer times on the computer.. they got unclear in a weird way, lost their shininess, not good looking. Now they are fine even after sitting in front of the computer a while! yay!

I listened to the webinar and now I want to eat less carbs and more fat too after my fruit tasting last days.. lol Great webinar.

2. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Hey,

I've been struggling with it it to be honest. I think its the way to go and thats why I am sticking with it. I dont think my body can outsmart the environmental factors hitting me everyday so I'd like to continue using it. I usually have issues whenever I put any new hormone in my body. I was already on thryoid meds before beginnging but even those took a while to work properly.

I have low hormones across the board: thyroid estrogen progesterone testosterone. Technically based on the ratio I'm considered estrogen dominant. They origonally put me on Progresterone and Testosterone plus supps. I had a hard time tolerating the P...they kept adjusting down and down and down bc I always got super dry eyes, super sleepiness no matter what. I was on a small dose but finally stopped it when I started noticing weight gain and got HUGE painful breasts. Once I stopped it went away. I also halted the testosterone bc - again - even though it was a small dosagage my body rebelled: I got pimples, and also started noticing after a few months that I was losing more hair then ever. I stopped it a long time ago and now have a bunch of new hair growth so I know that was it.

THye have me on supps including Pregneolone and 7keto DHEA.

I am now adding tri-est to the formula to use with the P...I'm hoping the E will help balance out the P. we shall see!

Ever since I stopped BCP 3 years ago, my shape has def changed. I'm thicker. Even my calves are thicker - they no longer comfortably fit into my boots I'm hoping getting the hormones right will restore my feminine shape :)

I prefer Dzugan over the others bc I havent heard anything bad about them. Also, with Gretchen and Colleen on board, and educating those doctors I'm confident I'm in good hands.

I think I just need to go EXTREMELY SLOW. let my body accept the dose, then titrate up a little more. Its what worked for my thyroid meds anyways.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. Hope

Hope Gold

Nuttmegs,

thanks for sharing. You sound great with this. Listening to your body and what has worked. yaye. So great to hear........you will get there I have no doubt!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

BCP dehydrate and deplete Pg and it causes massive issues.........and lowers Vitamin C levels.

6. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Chugging the lemon water as I type this! Got years of BCP to undo.

7. bennyha

bennyha New Member

Since I am having frequent urination and have very low hormones in the only ones I have tested (thyroid hormones, testosterone, estrogen), could low progesterone be a reason I am waking up to pee 3x a night plus peeing 20+ times a day? From what I understand, low prog during a woman's cycle can cause dehydration symptoms. So for a male like myself, could having low prog all the time cause dehydration and thus the frequent urination? And could getting on bio prog if i was low help solve the problem?

Thanks for anyone who can chime in!

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. bennyha

bennyha New Member

Thank you very much Jack I will read up on it asap. I don't have much free time and very little computer availability so I appreciate answers like this so I don't have to search around

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think my new, improved foot soaks are helping with hydration. I've been using some of my precious, findaspring.com water on my feet. I put just an inch of my best water in the foot tub, along with epsom salts and a touch of iodine. I soak for a short time, then move my feet to my grounding pad, which is connected to earth. When everything dries up, I put my feet back into the water again, then back to the pad.

By the time I am ready for bed, my feet are a bit swollen, but all goes back to normal during the night. During the day my feet are strong and happy. The next day I reuse the same water. I would like to try this with sunshine, but it's been cloudy/rainy lately.

These soaks are different from previous soaks using fluoridated water. My back has been awesome these last couple days.

11. Jude

Jude Gold

Received a notification that there was a new post here...soooo disappointed cause it's a great thread to re read...where is Diane from Toronto these days? :)

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Diane and her partner have built a house and are moving in a couple of days .... no floride in water etc. etc. reduced EMF etc.

She says she is doing really well ....but very busy! i hope to have coffee with her one of these days soon....:)

13. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Which environment is more dehydrating??

1) indoors with A/C running during the summer
    2) indoors with heat on during the winter

My intuition tells me it is probably # 2 ..... Dry skin is common during winter months, and dry skin can result from dehydration.

If my hunch is correct, then it is counterintuitive that we should drink more water in the winter ... (except for summer days that are spent mostly outdoors)

14. Josh

Josh Gold

My water friend said he once did a clinical experiment where they found that the best way to hydrate was R/O water 4oz straight and 4 oz with minerals alternating every 1/2 hour. Any thoughts on this? I have tried it, but can not decide if it makes much difference over just drinking a gallon of R/O with minerals per day.

15. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

My father in law is dying and I don't have time to read this whole thread, so I hope someone will answer my question, even though it may already have been asked. I am in ketosis, and have been for 2 weeks. I am also very thirsty, which is a symptom of ketosis from what I have read. Is this a temporary state of ketosis, or a deeper problem that the leptin rx and ct will cure? My chiropractor son is very concerned that I am doing harm to myself, especially since my doc told me to stay on a keto diet for the rest of my life.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ketosis - increases your need for water because your mitochondria are starting to become more efficient. Hydration or dehydration will drive efficiency. you want to get that water into your mitochondria. this is why CT is important - CT helps increase energy efficiency across the mitochondrial membrane.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Julie, so sorry about your father in law. You want to drink lots and lots of good water. Drinking bone broths will also supply the raw materials for more collagen that will hang onto that water. And limiting EMF will also reduce your dehydration. If you are hanging around a hospital all day....well, try to get some good grounding time in afterwards.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

http://www.bodybio.com/

Taste Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

http://www.bodybio.com/storecategory112.aspx

MTK - Mineral Test Kit

/

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

post #47 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
    post #52
    Rachelle;

This is 11 months since you posted.

Are you still ok with eating raw oysters from jar?
    Anybody else does this successfully?

They are very easy to get in my neighborhood, would save lots of $$ and convenience.
    Sometimes I eat 3 dozens at one sitting, hand hurts opening them.
    Also those in the jar seems to be bigger.

How the juice tastes. I prefer when is slightly salty. (I eat them straight, nothing added).
    Some have more juice than others, does that makes any difference?

When I come across red crabs in there, I just toss them away. Anybody eats them too? I assume that it should not cause any problems.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

post #59
    Dr Kruse;
    Please post good progesterone numbers for men, summer/winter (that you are using when hacking)
    In
    http://www.jackkruse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Optimizing-Labs-PDF.pdf

you are giving:

Progesterone ----------Top quartile to top 10%

I am doing my blood tests at LabCorp
    Progesterone Test Number: 004317 CPT Code: 84144
    Male: 0.2-1.4 ng/mL

that would be 0.9*1.4=1.26

(1.3-1.4) ng/mL

not that much room for variability.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am supplementing with pregnenolone (Micronized Lipid Matrix)
    at first it was to raise non-detectable pregnenolone and progesterone levels.

Eventually titrated watching my total cortisol. I ended with some small deficiency of pregnenolone
    large excess of progesterone
    and just right cortisol-AM

My progesterone vary (2.9-4.4)ng/mL (quite a lot for a man, right)

------------------------------------------------------------

there are 5ar Inhibitors (Testosterone---(5aR)---->DHT)
    progesterone
    GLA (from Black Currant Oil)
    many others

With passing years my SHBG (28---->14) is trending down, constant dose of supplemental testosterone is metabolized faster.
    BioAvailableTestosterone is going up but
    TotalTestosterone and DHT are trending down (DHT affect erection)

Question:
    How strong are those two 5aR inhibitors, (prog & GLA)?
    Which one should be adjusted? why?

prog keeps me hydrated
    GLA gives me better AA

/////////

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014