1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

December 2014 Q&A

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Dec 14, 2014.

1. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

I'll need to think about the idea of time for a while. I've mentioned before that I think particles and waves either stand still as reified information, or move forward as an automaton assuming it's next discrete state (and I still believe this to be a non-deterministic finite state automaton, those the finite states may still be "cognitively infinite" to our limited reasoning ability).

Sidenote: there would be go "going back to the past" in this case. Just "waiting to see what happens" without any notion of ageing.​

My computer science tainted mind thinks that all life is, is the ability to perform these state transitions of the automaton. Of course, each abstract state transition of this abstract automation has to be accompanied by phase transitions in the physical world, and this is where we bring in water, proteins, etc .....

But it still remains that an entity (both living and non-living) that is "waiting for information", isn't engaging in what we call "ageing". In that sense, time is relative to the number of state transitions that a thing has to go through to read and react to it's environment. (again, stressing that this thing can be a cell, or it could be a hydrogen atom caught in a plasma discharge in the middle of deep space)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Josh (Paleo Osteo) and NeilBB like this.
  2. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

NeilBB likes this.
  3. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it does...........but I cant spill that just yet.

NeilBB likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When we open that clinic in NOLA NeilBB you'll take me to dinner and I'll spill it then.

NeilBB likes this.
  6. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I know about Penrose and Hameroff and Orch-OR and I know their are more esoteric "electromagnetic theories of consciousness."

If consciousness were primarily stored/contained/created in external "fields," electromagnetic or otherwise, then individual experiences of consciousness would involve selective and specific abilities of certain brain-containing organisms to tap into/communicate with these external fields... Intercepting and interacting with waves using microtubule-containing neurons, in some dance of quantum reception in advanced brains could theoretically be the answer. Hell, it probably is the answer. Then you could maybe say that those "consciousness waves" whatever they are, are fundamental to the universe, and that the "emergent property of biology" is merely the ability to utilize and interface with these waves. Efficient interface might represent "on." Sleep or cognitive dysfunction might represent "off." And anencephalic life etc might be "absent," in describing an organism in terms of its relationship to a fundamental wave-based force of physics... Even paranormal communication could be described in very much the same way as stealing a satellite TV signal intended for someone else, by an alteration of the carrier frequency of reception...

But that's all highly speculative on my part... ;) Maybe its time for "Quantum Consciousness 1?" Got that written yet??

7. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I will gladly buy your dinner, but I can't afford your taste in wine!!!!

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I got the wine covered.............

NeilBB likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and yes consciousness 1 is already penned

sjoshua, Da-mo and NeilBB like this.
  10. I would be curious if Dr Kruse or Neil or Josh (both) or anyone really might have an opinion on this. It is coming from a different direction from most of the inquiry here. But I like to think there is maybe at this point some 'synergies' there that maybe are yet to be explored. I am not 'promoting' Dr Janov or his ideas though I am very familiar with them and I am curious if anybody has a take on this? Maybe to try to put in a simple way do people think 'traumatic memory' from childhood in particular or in another parlance PTSD from a more 'adult' perspective can have a profound effect on 'health' I feel it can and it does.

A 'bad childhood' can set us up for myriads of problems, direct effects of the trauma itself and maybe even more from 'bad decisions' in regards to food, relationships etc etc. I feel it is very often more 'fundamental' than almost anything including food for sure but maybe a lot of things. I would imagine it is pretty un-controversial to say that where Dr Janov becomes a bit 'controversial' is the notion that something can truly be done about it in terms of healing. I have been around 'primal therapy' as it is called for quite a few years and I suppose I SHOULD know but actually I am a bit on the fence about it. I believe it CAN help a lot but circumstances have to correct some conditions have to be met for it to 'succeed' As far as his notion about 're-living' womb life etc I think in principle that may be possible and I have even thought may be a lot MORE possible by following Dr Kruse's protocols in that it leads to a much more 'open' brain and consciousness. Or does Dr Kruse (or anyone else here) think the idea of 'recalling' womb life or early infant life is a non-starter and based on a mis-understanding of the brain and memories

I guess I could say he is promoting a form of knowledge or self knowledge based on "feeling" rather than "thinking" or understanding in a purely rational way. But in a strange way I sometimes think Dr Kruse is heading to maybe a somewhat similar place even if he starts from a very different place. What I mean is the European Robin 'understands' magnetism , light, the electro-magnetic force, etc in that it 'uses' them, humans also in that their mitochondria can 'account' for spin, location, energy etc of electrons which the most advanced quantum scientists cannot at least in a standard experimental way though maybe in an experiential way. And then could getting 'in touch' with our 'animal nature' or physical nature through 'feeling' but not 'thinking' lead to a fully healed human. And Janov's notion is 'trauma' gets in the way of full 'feeling' but feeling the trauma heals us. I know a lot of questions and speculations but it seemed like a good time to ask

http://www.arthurjanov.com/

Da-mo likes this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If time is one dimension containing all aspects fundamental to time, including the past, present, and future as aspects of its structure I can't say he is wrong.........but something irks me. If you can't explain something you really don't understand it. This is why I have disdain for philosophy. Descriptions are fine for an artist but not for a scientist.

Consider my recent proclamation that throws a gauntlet down about the beliefs tied to wellness: Lifestyle and diet are not that big a deal........that was the message here for the last 18 months and of my Pasadena talk........it is paleo's, medicine, and alternative health's inconvenient truth. I did a bio hack to show you food is not that big a deal...........and I know people can't fathom it..........I am OK with that, you know why? Because experts dont know shit in my opinion. I used to consider myself an expert on neuroscience and when I realized I could not even explain how a mitochondria works in cells and that mitochondrial density is greatest in the organ I was supposed to be an expert in. What they believe is their problem. 99% of the people reading this response won't agree with me.......I would not have agreed with me 18 months ago, either if truth be told. But my biohack of 2014 taught it to me this, because I lived it and learned something I can now explain. Tensegrity 5 has that data set. Nobody really ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter honestly. I tell ya to explore the world and more importantly your world and your personal thunderstorm that follows you in modern life. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough. I go deep and many of you hate that. Put your beliefs on trial, as I do to figure things out for yourself. Study hard what interests you the most in this life but do it in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.
    This is why I biohack myself. What biohacks reveal to you is your N=1 and it follows your personal thunderstorm and how your mitochondria works. Your grandma's epigenetics were set way before we screwed up this world. That is why the older dying generation is still living well on the edge today.

None of us have a responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. This is why I have disdain for healthcare and ancestral beliefs now. They are ignorant of what they don't know. I have no responsibility to be like they expect a clinician to be. It's their mistake, not my failing as a person or clinician. I share the result of what I find in my biohacks and I could care less what anyone thinks because of how what I find screws with people's worldview of wellness or illness. Nature dictates what I do now. I love other's biohacks stories because they parallels what I am finding too in my own. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing something ideally, than to have answers which might be wrong. Insert paleo, alternative and medical industries here. None are immune to this failure of realization of QED in biology. Bio hacks have taught me one deep lesson: What I cannot create or simulate in a bio hack, I truly do not understand. If I don't understand it, then one is not an expert. There is no "expert authority" who decides what is a good or bad idea in science. This is why the published data has to be scrutinized. In fact, I will go further, real science is ignoring the advice of so called modern day experts. They all are material reductionists. Modern science is the organized skepticism in the reliability of expert opinion. Biohacks for me, is what I have learned about how to keep from fooling myself any further about what I was taught about medicine. So yes..........I think our belief system about time might also be radically wrong.

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

13. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Warning . . . horse talk, but related.

I think Orthobionomy is along the lines of healing traumatic physical injuries - approaching the position of the injured part at the time of injury to enable the guarding in the nervous (or any other) system to dissipate. Its kind of like a reset. I've seen horses voluntarily line up for this treatment, position themselves to show the therapist where to work and then walk off when they have had enough. The particular therapist I'm recalling has a rule - she will approach a horse no more than 3 times to offer the treatment on any day - if it is not receptive she leaves it alone. Instinct/intuition at work I think.

Something I learned from working with horses and looking into learning theory in that arena . . . . while repetition is normally required to lock in a new skill, fear/trauma/stress triggers "one time learning". It seems anything experienced tied to survival gets amplified so it carves out a neural pathway that is deep and lasting. Indeed, many horsemanship types consider that something learned in this way can never be undone, only overlaid with other behaviors or responses.

I really think animals can show and teach us many things about living intuitively. Especially when I see my dogs spending much of the day lying on the grass and I think - grounding.

14. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Is this where we're going? De Broglie, Bohmian pilot waves?

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I lik me some waves..........not so much into particles.

sjoshua, kyrakitty and Da-mo like this.
  16. To say that something is nothing unless science can explain it is very materialist and rather silly when one understands that science is something which is emergent only within consciousness. I seek to understand as much as the next guy does of course.
    Consciousness is that, whatever that is, which is perceiving these words on this screen.

17. I
    I think it can be healed via non-dual investigation. When one stops identifying with a physical entity, all suffering collapses. Ie when one investigates who or what is the "I" that is suffering, and finds it has no objective qualities, they are free of any possible personal attack or insult.

18. Slee
    Sleep cannot represent "off" because if it did, who or what is it that perceives the dream? It is consciousness.

19. I think the rest is spot on re: coamic consciousness