1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

December 2014 Q&A

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Dec 14, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

great Q&A Dr. K. ....tons and tons off great info - especially on how important it is to get our REM sleep right - Thanks

I do think we can somewhat entangle on the internet ..... what do you guys think?

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh absolutely. Where else would these crazy ideas be coming from?
    I woke up last night saying "magnetic monopole" over and over. Other people get sexy dreams, all I get is physics.

Shijin13 likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

LOL ..... Sally - you dream about physics .... so sorry! :eek:

4. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

I will take both!

Physics.jpg

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

awesome Rob!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have been reading about REM sleep ..... so much I hadn't considered. For some reason I didn't know we cycle thru the sleep cycles for varying and somewhat short periods of time .... a number of times.

Dr. k. said today if we have to get up in the middle of the night to pee - we screw our REM sleep.

That is a sobering thought for me ..... I usually am up once - and a couple of times some nites.

I always thought we cycle thru each period only once ..... I guess I haven't been paying attention!

How is your sleep? dreaming? How many hours are you getting generally? do you have to get up to pee?

What about when the kids were little? How any times would we have been up on some nites?

One thing I do know for sure ...... when I have a poor sleep - I am really hungry all day - like I can't get full.

When we have a poor sleep ... do we make up for it the next nite? or are we behind the eight ball?

What say you?

7. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

Is this for any time during the night? I am usually up once between 3:30-4:30 (wake at 5am). I was getting up way too many times during winter though when it was cold and I was trying to CT

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I try tensegrity, if I feel the need to pee in the night. It often works and I don't have to get up.

9. nicld

nicld Gold

I have stopped needing to get up about 3 am to pee and man the dreams have been really weird lately. Now to just get my hips adjusted so those stop waking me.

Also noticed that the DD (who is disabled and in diapers) woke up the other morning and did not pee in her diaper that night, she has no conscious bladder or bowel control . She has never done that. We did get her a new mattress for her bed to hoping that her sleep in improving as sleep is crucial to her.

caroline and Shijin13 like this.
  10. nicld

nicld Gold

I try that do, just ignore and it goes away till waking time.

caroline likes this.
  11. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Not that you asked me but, sex is more fun awake, and physics is more fun when sleeping anyways... This is usually when I solve problems :)

My dreams are faint and rarely recalled. Occasionally I'll get a glimpse of one or recall a vivid part. What happens to me more is I awaken with a concept, idea, solution etc. to something I'd been pondering, although I will not recall the dream or train of thought that got me there... My microwave (read: city of san jose) is quite strong for now; but once we are done dealing with medical stuffs (now that my girlfriend is listed @ Stanford for a double lung transplant, we must stick around here and be within 1 hour's drive of the hospital) our plan is to get to the woods or the ocean! Counting down the (unknown number of ) days...

I've been pondering this lately though... considering REM sleep is highly right-brain, and me being left handed, I'd be curious if due to my right brain dominant functioning I would be less akin to recall dreams... I dunno, I have no way to correlate this, merely hypothesizing and of course, this is assuming CW got something right about how the hemispheres operate the opposite sides of the body etc.

Jude and caroline like this.
  12. what do you mean "try tensegrity??"

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is what I don't understand at all ..... but if we are in and out of REM sleep a few times ........???

Are these cycles of sleep constant? do we go into REM around the same time each night? adjusting for circadian cycles?

If we are in a REM cycle .... would we even wake to pee? ....this is when we are practically comatose - right?

14. sometimes REM makes me dream i gotta pee and then i actually do...its like two universes communicating

my take is if you have nocturia several times a night then theres a problem, once, no biggie

15. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

If its cold, a balance between not interrupting REM and "ridding your body of less dense water and structuring more dense water"?

16. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Isn't getting up to pee a sign of your body clock being askew? I mean there are nightly functions while our body is dead to the world which should not be interrupted . Peeing is a daytime thing in other words. Let me see if I can find a circadian clock.

Jude likes this.
  17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

sjoshua likes this.
  18. everyman do him ting a little way different

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

originally from Jamaica Josh???? sounds like a song from the Caribbean!

Lahelada likes this.