1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dealing with unsupportive family members

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by AnnieW, Aug 29, 2013.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

So last night I tried to talk to my husband about the dangers of EMF. I had a feeling that he wasn't ready to hear that information but I tried anyway. He got pissed at me and said I was going nuts. He said he talked to a friend at work about my diet and she told him that it was "very unhealthy" and that everyone she knew who did "this kind of diet" got grumpy and "went crazy." I'm assuming she was talking about the Atkin's diet. She also told him that he needed to start running, so I guess now he is taking all of his health advice from her.

He is very involved in IT and wants to turn a room in our home into a lab for all of these switches and computers. I simply asked him if he could turn it off at night and he ripped my head off. He said I was "going crazy" just like his friend at work said.

I'd like to give CT a try but I can't imagine hauling bags of ice into my house and hearing his reaction to that. For those who have gone through this, how did you deal?

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Annie. My sympathies.
    I would ask him to at least go wireless. If he is running some compilations or whatever at night, he won't want to turn the computer or network off, but wireless shouldn't be a problem.

My husband was disturbed by the ice baths also, until he noticed the favorable affect on my hormones. He became VERY supportive of my CT, even asking me if I had remembered to do it. He doesn't understand it, and could really care less. Just Do It!!! Lol.

I've found the less I say about EMF the better. I just mitigate as I can, and work for the day we leave town.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I've found the less I say about EMF the better. I just mitigate as I can, and work for the day we leave town. This is the best policy with your situation............but I would have the electrician install a kill switch for night time for you.....he does not need to know and you might consider the magnetico because this can give you both protection and he will not even know its on the bed.

4. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I did mention the magnetico and that's when he really flew off the handle (stupid me!). We live in a town house right now and the room where he has all this equipment is across the hall from our bedroom. We do have a wireless router and there isn't any PC equipment in the bedroom. I am still considering a magnetico and trying to sneak it in when he's not home.

Thanks guys for the support and great suggestions.

5. johnnyb

johnnyb Gold

That's an excellent question. I hope people chime in. I have supportive spouse. As the primary cook and shopper I only buy and prepare Epi-paleo. I can get her to the beach, "but the water is too cold" etc. I can keep house lights off around me off at night, but only I will wear blue blockers. We did reposition furniture to avoid an unfortunate magnetic field in the back yard. We plan to get a sleep pad in October, but there are so many things only a person can do for someone else.

6. Terminator

Terminator New Member

I used to get very bad verbal tretment from my brother. Well, not anymore. Smart meter got installed on his home and now his kids feel the effects of emf with headaches. Now he is asking me to buy him a cover to reduce signal strength.

I have been subject of jockes at work many times, well tables are turning sloooowly.

I suggest to sparingly talk about symptoms caused by EMF's. This is my stategy. Almost everyone has syptoms especially from wireless crap. In time they will realize that these are not myths.

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

You are in a tough spot! Always stand your ground (nicely if possible) and don't let him "push" you around verbally. This is your health and you need to do what you have to do to protect it regardless of his opinion (that is all it is)! If he chooses to think you are crazy, let your results speak for themselves. All in good time they will know you are not crazy!!!

Btw, haul the ice in if that's what you need. He will get over it....

8. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Do what you do for you! We have one chance in this life, make it yours..... My wife isn't "into" what I do but she is ok with me doing what I do.... And I can tell you she is slowly embracing it as well as she see's the benefits..... She wants glowing skin like me.... She wants bountiful energy like me.... She wants to sleep like a rock star like me..... It goes on.... They understand but changing their paradigm will hit resistance..... How strong can you be? Embrace this change with love and caring though..... Compassion in your eyes and caring in your heart.
    I don't talk about what I do.... I kind of keep it under wraps (except on my FB page, lol) but when asked I will explain. Those that want to hear will listen. Those that don't will go away.... perhaps grumble or smirk a bit but I really don't care. I let my results speak for me....
    Live by example..... Do what "you" need to do.

Wishing you great health!

9. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Do what you do for you! We have one chance in this life, make it yours..... My wife isn't "into" what I do but she is ok with me doing what I do.... And I can tell you she is slowly embracing it as well as she see's the benefits..... She wants glowing skin like me.... She wants bountiful energy like me.... She wants to sleep like a rock star like me..... It goes on.... They understand but changing their paradigm will hit resistance..... How strong can you be? Embrace this change with love and caring though..... Compassion in your eyes and caring in your heart.
    I don't talk about what I do.... I kind of keep it under wraps (except on my FB page, lol) but when asked I will explain. Those that want to hear will listen. Those that don't will go away.... perhaps grumble or smirk a bit but I really don't care. I let my results speak for me....
    Live by example..... Do what "you" need to do.

Wishing you great health!

10. nicld

nicld Gold

My hubby thinks I am a bit crazy too but after 24 years together he just accepts it. He thinks it is a bit nuts about the CT but I have been dealing with health/weight issues for so long, nothing surprises him anymore. Do what you need to do to make yourself healthy. I always joke with my hubby that when we get old and he needs taken care of becasue he did not take care of himself, he's going in a home.....hahaha.

11. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Thank you guys SO much for your support. I told him last night that my results will speak for themselves. I was really irritated that his work friend tried to critique what I was doing when she is severely underweight and is struggling with conceiving her second child. She told me the other day (before I was on the reset) that humans eat way too much meat and it's bad for the environment and she's considering being a vegetarian. I want to be optimal for me. What really irritates me is the fact that my husband is very unhappy with my health because I am so overweight, and he wants to have a baby, but he's giving me crap for doing what I KNOW is the best thing.

Let's start a new forum for trading spouses, LOL!

12. Arthurian Legend

Arthurian Legend New Member

I've just got back from parent's house where I've finally convinced them about the dangers of EMFs. I've been dropping small fact bombs over the past several weeks, and have been getting the "you've gone nuts son" look. I used my Acousticom 2 to demonstrate that the microwave field my Dad sits in all day (right between a DECT phone and the WiFi router) is one of the major reasons his stress is so high and he can't sleep. The red lights and nasty screeching sound from the Acousticom was far more effective than my purely verbal attempts! The WiFi router has suddenly become wired only, and they're going to order a Gigaset Eco Mode Plus phone set - which only emits radiation when the phone is in use.

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oooh, screeching sound! Great idea! We need a meter that emits a Geiger counter -like sound.

14. Arthurian Legend

Ha, it does actually sound like a geiger counter, as it clicks in sync with the pulsed EMFs. You can get a feeling for how WiFi works differently to the DECT phone when you turn them on individually. When they're both on together, the composite noise is horrible. It's a great way to get a reaction to what our senses can't normally detect!

15. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Man Annie, your hubs and his co-worker are giving you motivation by the bucketful....you'll show 'em!

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

So what you're saying is that technology was more convincing?

17. Jude

Jude Gold

LOL...funny about that, eh? Great when you can use it to your advantage....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  18. Arthurian Legend

Ironic eh? Partly my fault due to the health nagging I've given them over the past couple of years - most of what I've said has sounded like white noise! My Mum's also started to wear one of my spare pairs of blue blocking glasses in the evenings though (despite complaints of how orange everything looks). You can't get much lower tech than that!

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yeah, I was urging DH to go lower fat for years. I used to rinse cooked hamburger meat in hot water to remove more fat! So a total about face has a bit of a credibility gap. That's ok, with time he will trust me more about diet and more important issues (sunlight, water, magnetism).

20. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Funny about the hamburger...I used to do the same thing when I was doing the South Beach diet!