1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dealing with Osteoarthritis

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by TrickiDicki, Aug 4, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Google "movnat" and Erwan Lecorre ..... what you did is the real deal!

Have you listened to the webinar with Erwan? one of my personal favorites ...but then again - I can't resist a guy in a ponytail!

TrickiDicki likes this.
  2. Jude

Jude Gold

Here is a very good piece of advice re Rx for inflammation in general and especially for all arthritic and knee joint conditions........ from JK himself..

A combo of spices is the best remedy in my view. Ginger is a powerhouse as is turmeric. This is why they are in so many of my recipes. Remember I had surgery on my knee so this topic interests me to no end.

http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/stellas-journey-to-health.10007/

TrickiDicki and Alex97232 like this.
  3. Jude

Jude Gold

Just noted you asked re fish oil? Am presuming that you are taking that supplement?
    JK only recommends obtaining your supps from natural source..ie fish itself......apparently can cause bad o6-o3 ratios and as Jack pointed in an earlier post here...that in itself can be a protagonist for arthritis:eek:

Alex97232 likes this.
  4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I had a similar reaction to grounding at first. Not tinging, more like jolts! But those settled down as the inflammation started leaving my back.

5. TrickiDicki

TrickiDicki New Member

Good point! I recently found some 'arthritis tea' that has nettle, bilberry, ginger and tumeric. It's delicious but my kids say it smells like soup!

6. TrickiDicki

TrickiDicki New Member

I'm taking cod liver oil every morning rather than fish oil caps. Then I try to eat sardines, salmon and oysters 4-5 times a week at least.
    There is discussion in other forums about the 'right' way to use fish oil. Robb Wolf a few years ago was advocating very high fish oil supplementation but reduced his recommendations when it became clear that fish oil, being PUFAs, is highly oxidative and too much can lead to oxidative stress and inflammation. I think JK is right to prefer 'whole real' food sources.

7. TrickiDicki

TrickiDicki New Member

Using Sleep Cycle app to track sleep. A week ago I was waking during the night and got 74% 'sleep quality', last night got 88% and just one 'awake' peak. I could 'feel' the earth strip when I went to sleep but had a nice, restorative sleep rather than being buzzed awake. So thanks for the encouragement to push through. :)

8. TrickiDicki

TrickiDicki New Member

Wondering if anyone has opinion of ozone treatment for helping with the healing process of arthritic joints once other factors are taken care of? I can't think of a good explanation why ozone treatment should work - if I understand it, ozone would be electrophilic so would remove electrons from the treated area rather than introduce more electrons? Could this act to stimulate the ETC and thereby be beneficial? Maybe the addition of an oxidative agent to the site might stimulate mitochondria?
    The oxidative effect of ozone would seem to be harmful and inflammatory.
    So to my mind, this wouldn't add up to 'useful' unless I've got things mixed up?

9. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Just in case no else has covered it - my biggest improvement on osteoarthritis in my knee came after eliminating nightshades from my diet (tomatoes, potatoes etc. . . .) You'll find reference to this in the Epi-Paleo template here: http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-6-epi-paleo-rx/

10. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

12. TrickiDicki

TrickiDicki New Member

I thought I'd give folks an update.
    I think the grounding, managing EMF exposure and increased fish oil/oyster/fishy stuff consumption has made the biggest improvement in my health. Maybe also non-fluoridated water but maybe not such a powerful factor. Hard to say. I've also received a delivery of vitamin K2 supplement (derived from nato) which I've started taking. Seems very hard to come by here in Australia...

My hips are feeling so much better than they were just a month ago it's unbelievable. Last weekend I was able to walk a good couple of miles along steep, rough, rocky forest tracks with the dogs and no problems at all. The next day, another lengthy walk. And the next day. It's fantastic how my mobility has returned! Yay!

On the down side, I have definitely become much more sensitive to EMF - wifi and cell phone particularly. I now have my phone on airplane mode for 90%+ of the day and only turn the cell phone on to check for voice messages and SMS. Even then I feel tingles and jumpiness in my hands. The other day I was on a plane and at the end of the flight while taxiing in, everyone turns on their phones. I felt pressure in my head. I suspect I'm now just able to discern these sensations because I'm not zapping myself all day long. I also know that this is not just imaginary - it is a real physical sensation. The impact of wifi in schools, particularly as ipads become the primary teaching tool, is scary.

digital, caroline and brandie like this.
  13. Jude

Jude Gold

I get my K2 from iherb...cheaper all round really, with a better choice...p&p cheaper from the US for me than Aussie!

TrickiDicki and caroline like this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for the update Richard. fake blue lite and nnEMF is a horror for all of us.... few seem to know it tho.

TrickiDicki likes this.
  15. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

I like to turn it to a positive sign...

You now start to respond to the signals inside yourself when you get exposed to something bad, before you could not feel it, you were numb. What does your system tell you? Comfort or slight pain? Listen and act upon this natural signs.

I often feel the same and when i do i have no choice, i must change my environment. This applies not just to exposure of technology, same with bad homes, bad foods and bad humans.

16. Inger

Inger Silver

this ^^^^

think about it like this
    a smoker loves to inhale his tobacco, does not feel any discomfort at all. But someone that never smoked tries the same and it feels very uncomfortable and you feel ill....
    still, the cigarettes are hurting him, he just does not feel it.. short term

Joe Gavin likes this.
  17. TrickiDicki

TrickiDicki New Member

@prAna303 @Inger - I agree, having awareness is preferable to being unaware, it just means there's another thing popping to the top of the priority list! Spent last night rewiring the house to reduce wifi needs. The kids are getting nervous (as well they should - LOL!)

Back to arthritis - I have a question on popping, clicking in joints, not just those affected by OA. Common knowledge says that pops or clicks are related to the release of dissolved gases as the pressure in the synovial capsule is reduced. So if one notices clicky joints on one day more than another, this would suggest that the chemical composition of the synovial fluid has changed. Are clicky joints a potential sign of problem such as nutrient flow and/or circulation into the joint capsule?

18. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

As it happens I had an ozone injection in left sacroiliac joint last Wednesday. It took some time to feel the effect but that joint has been pain free since. Granted--only a few days. The muscles around the joint have been tender at times and there's some sciatica because there's something else going on but the ozone stopped a major locus of pain.

Several times I've been present when patients exclaimed to this naturopathic doc about the amazing effect of ozone in arthritic knees. One said she hadn't been able to hike for a decade until after the shot, when she did an 11 mile trail with no bad after effects.

It's great that you're getting improvement from changes you've made on the road to better health! I don't know how the ozone helps, but it's something to keep in your toolkit in case you need it later.

TrickiDicki likes this.
  19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Tricki, I believe the creaking joints are an indication of dehydration in the joint.

20. TrickiDicki

TrickiDicki New Member

Thanks @nonchalant. That's why I asked (early!) because I noticed clickiness this morning and don't want to just ignore potential tell-tale signs.